Sports Halls Southampton

Barry the Badger

Hi all

Following the closure of Fleming Park and its replacement with that very shiny but entirely unpractical new sports centre (don't get me started), my footie team are trying to find somewhere decent to play friendly five a side once a week (ideally Tues or Weds 8pm-9pm).

I've tried a load, Solent Sports Centre, Cantell School, Romsey and Mountbatten, Bitterne Park, Tauntons, the list goes on. Struggling to find anywhere with availability.

Thought I'd ask on here in desperation, just in case anybody works somewhere with a sports hall and knows it has availability. We're not fussy, just needs to be a decent side for fives, and have the wide but low five a side goals.

Cheers

Barry

What's impractical about it? Squash courts are a big improvement even if their online booking system is terrible.

The goals are stuck in the middle of the hall making a tiny pitch with no back wall, and you aren't allowed to move them because they're locked down. There are no markings for areas where the goals are. It takes them more than 5 minutes to switch the hall from the hockey people who use it before us, meaning we lose up to 10 minutes of our allotted time depending on the week. Not all of us are members leaving many stuck stood at the entry gate waiting for a receptionist to be available to let us in.

Nothing earth shattering, they clearly just aren't that bothered about 5 a side groups.