Gordon Taylor of the PFA's Salary

Gorgiesaint

I see the PFA have released their latest accounts (year ending June 2017) which reveal that Gordon Taylor's income including a bonus of £777k was £2,290,276. This compares with the £100,000 that the union spent on research into head injury and concussion.

Not sure how accurate these figures are as they're from Twitter but if you break down that income weekly, Gordon Taylor earns more than the average salary at 11 Premier League clubs (his does include his bonus and I assume that the clubs average salaries do not)

Gordon Taylor £44,023

Southampton £43,679

Crystal Palace £43,286

West Brom £42,717

Stoke City £39,700

Swansea £32,940

Newcastle £32,889

Bournemouth £30,333

Watford £28,036

Burnley £26,375

Brighton £25,893

Huddersfield £19,693

Just another one riding the Premier League gravy train. How many other industries does the union leader earn more than the majority of his members (given the lower league players he supposed to look after)? And what does he do that deserves a bonus?

I see the PFA have released their latest accounts (year ending June 2017) which reveal that Gordon Taylor's income including a bonus of £777k was £2,290,276. This compares with the £100,000 that the union spent on research into head injury and concussion.

Not sure how accurate these figures are as they're from Twitter but if you break down that income weekly, Gordon Taylor earns more than the average salary at 11 Premier League clubs (his does include his bonus and I assume that the clubs average salaries do not)

Gordon Taylor £44,023

Southampton £43,679

Crystal Palace £43,286

West Brom £42,717

Stoke City £39,700

Swansea £32,940

Newcastle £32,889

Bournemouth £30,333

Watford £28,036

Burnley £26,375

Brighton £25,893

Huddersfield £19,693

Just another one riding the Premier League gravy train. How many other industries does the union leader earn more than the majority of his members (given the lower league players he supposed to look after)? And what does he do that deserves a bonus?

Means we're royally f*cked if we get relegated.

As reported in the Guardian today , how on earth is he doing a job that requires any bonus scheme ? Just like most of business these days he is milking it for all it's worth . What on earth does he need £2M a year for ? As pointed out last week ALL the directors past and present at Carillion have kept their salary , bonuses !! and full pensions while everyone else at the firm inc suppliers etc have lost money or will get a reduced pension .

Gordon Taylor £44,023

Southampton £43,679

Crystal Palace £43,286

West Brom £42,717

Stoke City £39,700

Swansea £32,940

Newcastle £32,889

Bournemouth £30,333

Watford £28,036

Burnley £26,375

Brighton £25,893

Huddersfield £19,693

Good lord, if we are paying more than clubs like Newcastle, Swansea, West Brom and Stoke, then we really will be in trouble if we get relegated. The miss management of the club is shocking at the moment. Too much control in the hands of a very average DoF...

you do wonder when the majority of fans actually turn around and say '**** all of this.....' and football then implodes.

Personally cant wait for the day.

This is what I would love to see. Whilst I love football, the financials sicken me greatly, (makes me a bit of a hypocrite I guess as I continue to go). Unfortunately in my lifetime I doubt very much if I will ever see the day that ALL fans boycott the game in order to bring about some form of reality to those with their noses in the trough.

I think Jimmy Hill was widely credited with campaigning for players to earn a decent living out of the game which is fair enough, but I think it's now time for a real ambassador to step forward and campaign for pay caps - the fans have payed enough.

Gordon Taylor £44,023

Southampton £43,679

Crystal Palace £43,286

West Brom £42,717

Stoke City £39,700

Swansea £32,940

Newcastle £32,889

Bournemouth £30,333

Watford £28,036

Burnley £26,375

Brighton £25,893

Huddersfield £19,693

I would imagine pretty much all Union leaders earn more than all of their members, whilst simultaneously *****ing about industry fat cats. Feckin parasites, the lot of 'em.

The Premier League contribute a great deal of money to the PFA I believe and I wonder if it shows the amount under" income" in the latest accounts? It is diabolical that it is all coming out now, that these Executives are ripping off the game and others too like the NHS, Local Authorities, Universities ,Charities. The list is endless.

The Premier League contribute a great deal of money to the PFA I believe and I wonder if it shows the amount under" income" in the latest accounts? It is diabolical that it is all coming out now, that these Executives are ripping off the game and others too like the NHS, Local Authorities, Universities ,Charities. The list is endless.

I fnd it odd how people seem to have jumped on the bandwagon of slagging off the PFA. OK, Taylor's salary is ridiculous, but in the end he is paid by an organisation that is funded primarily by professional footballers. Annual membership fees for most pro players (i.e. those in L1 and below) are £150 per year, so the funding must be made up considerably by PL and to a lesser degree Championship players. Clearly as a result of what members pay they are able to fund huge salaries not just for Taylor but all of the other executives (not forgetting that all of them are former pro footballers). It is understandable that the union executive gets paid somewhere in the same region as an average PL player (obscene levels, but thats how it is with the Sky money). Research shows that 45 top union leaders earned in excess of £100000 last year, most far more, and these are mostly for unions where the average salary of the members is much much lower than a PL footballer. If the membership of the union are comfortable with Taylor being paid what he is then that's fine by me, if they aren't comfortable with it then they do not need to join (there is no closed shop). Ironic to me that "rent a gob" Simon Jordan is the one slagging Taylor off. I don't see any real evidence that this organisation is bleeding the industry, that would be the players, agents, managers and PL executives. In fact you could argue that it is a way of putting money back into the game from the real fat cats). Its not like the BBC or the NHS where the body is publicly funded.

I would imagine pretty much all Union leaders earn more than all of their members, whilst simultaneously *****ing about industry fat cats. Feckin parasites, the lot of 'em.

100% this...many earn more than the prime minister, lots earn 6 figure salaries a year, all paid for by those earning a 28k average yearly wage.