Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: West Brom Sack Chairman & CEO

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    2,074

    Default West Brom Sack Chairman & CEO

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43047113

    So West Brom's owner takes some decisive action given the position they find themselves in. And that's having already changed their manager.

    Our incumbants have taken no action so far....

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Trying to do some work
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgiesaint View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43047113

    So West Brom's owner takes some decisive action given the position they find themselves in. And that's having already changed their manager.

    Our incumbants have taken no action so far....
    Whilst I can understand why we might feel that this is a decisive move from them, I am struggling to see what a new senior management team can bring to a team that can't now buy any players, and have already sacked their manager.

    Perhaps they are looking for a Player Chairman?

    I think if Gao is going to do anything like this it will be in May.

  3. #3

    Default

    The very same John Williams that we were heavily linked with prior to Ralph's appointment.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inoffthepost View Post
    The very same John Williams that we were heavily linked with prior to Ralph's appointment.
    Yes a SFC fan I think and was reported to have been interviewed. Good reputation at Blackburn but obviously not worked out at WBA.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,307
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Depressed of Shirley View Post
    Whilst I can understand why we might feel that this is a decisive move from them, I am struggling to see what a new senior management team can bring to a team that can't now buy any players, and have already sacked their manager.

    Perhaps they are looking for a Player Chairman?

    I think if Gao is going to do anything like this it will be in May.
    Itís nothing to do with buying more players though. Itís managing what we have and that is a basically a shambles.
    The whole manage structure is a complete inconompetent mess.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Trying to do some work
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captainchris View Post
    It’s nothing to do with buying more players though. It’s managing what we have and that is a basically a shambles.
    The whole manage structure is a complete inconompetent mess.
    I understand that, but doing this in February seems to serve no purpose. If you cant sack another manager, or replace the players, what difference does a new chairman make. The fans don't get excited by it, it doesn't change the playing style, the players don't care, but I expect the owner feels better for it. I would love our lot gone, but I don't see that doing it now would make any difference unless it allows them to change managers or players. And in our situation, if Gao knew anything about football he would have sacked the manager already.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Depressed of Shirley View Post
    I understand that, but doing this in February seems to serve no purpose. If you cant sack another manager, or replace the players, what difference does a new chairman make. The fans don't get excited by it, it doesn't change the playing style, the players don't care, but I expect the owner feels better for it. I would love our lot gone, but I don't see that doing it now would make any difference unless it allows them to change managers or players. And in our situation, if Gao knew anything about football he would have sacked the manager already.
    As you say they don't affect the team so timing is irrelevant. If they have not done the job to the owners satisfaction, why would he wait to sack them? I don't think this is trying to save them from relegation it's "you have not performed..you are out"

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    15,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Fred View Post
    As you say they don't affect the team so timing is irrelevant. If they have not done the job to the owners satisfaction, why would he wait to sack them? I don't think this is trying to save them from relegation it's "you have not performed..you are out"

    I think it's this bit from the new chairman (who it appears is also the old chairman) that makes you think they did it as a way if trying to save themselves from relegation

    However, Jenkins had recently returned to the Hawthorns as a director of WBA Holdings, the club's controlling company, and is now back in his former role.
    He said: "There is much to do but for now the focus must solely be on the remaining games of this season."

    Kind of conjures up images of the chairman in a track suit giving a team talk....
    Last edited by doddisalegend; 13-02-2018 at 06:22 PM.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doddisalegend View Post
    I think it's this bit from the new chairman ( who it appears is also the old chairman) that makes you think they did it as a way if trying to save themselves from relegation

    However, Jenkins had recently returned to the Hawthorns as a director of WBA Holdings, the club's controlling company, and is now back in his former role.
    He said: "There is much to do but for now the focus must solely be on the remaining games of this season."

    Kind of conjures up images of the chairman in a track suit giving a team talk....
    Perhaps he will start lunching with the first team?

  10. #10

    Default

    Meanwhile, we gave Les Reed a promotion!

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    3,400
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Meanwhile, we gave Les Reed a promotion!
    nah nah, he gave himself a promotion

  12. #12

    Default

    WBA show courage and conviction to remove failure. Our owner meanwhile celebrates their new year and sees his investment halved in value

  13. #13

    Default

    When Kat sold didn't the buyer have to guarantee the continuity of the senior staff as part of the contract?

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bartonia 2, 000, 000 years ago
    Posts
    6,068

    Default

    I think it's more a sign they are resigned to relegation but don't want the geezers who ducked things up to be the ones planning their life in the championship!

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bartonia 2, 000, 000 years ago
    Posts
    6,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dellman View Post
    When Kat sold didn't the buyer have to guarantee the continuity of the senior staff as part of the contract?
    No buyer would agree to that !

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •