Results 1 to 37 of 37

Thread: This will be fun...get those applications in..

  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Southampton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,468

    Default This will be fun...get those applications in..

    https://southamptonfc.com/news/2018-...s-announcement


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2

    Default

    This far better than a 30m winger. Great stuff Saints.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sunny Shirley
    Posts
    1,836

    Default

    it says "off-pitch subjects". Does that mean that anything to do with the team or manager is not for discussion?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    17,210

    Default

    to discuss a wide range of off-pitch subjects....

    ...problem is its the on pitch stuff that bothers me.

    Still I guess some people will want to be involved in helping decide the colour of the paper towels in the loo and whether the club offer snickers or dairy milk at the refreshments booth...

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    17,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ecuk268 View Post
    it says "off-pitch subjects". Does that mean that anything to do with the team or manager is not for discussion?

    I would say it means exactly that. This will be a firum to discuss the "match day experience" important stuff like your halftime hot dog and softer bog paper..

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    papsweb
    Posts
    11,579
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Does anyone know how much they're paying?

    srs question no trolls pls

  7. #7

    Default

    Why on earth would they have a fan panel to discuss on-pitch subjects? Imagine the fun we'd poke at West Ham if they did that.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    6,141

    Default

    I can only imagine the type of fan that'll be on this.

    Would rather stick pins down my japs eye.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broadwindsor, Dorset
    Posts
    1,825

    Default

    Any involvement with the fans must be a plus even if it gives us an opportunity to talk about ticket prices, comfort and PA system etc. There is always much discussion on this forum both positive and negative about these subjects and many others. So here is your chance fans.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post
    This far better than a €30m winger. Great stuff Saints.
    So it was either a $30m winger or the fans panel was it? Think we've got a new head of ITK.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    17,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DuncanRG View Post
    Why on earth would they have a fan panel to discuss on-pitch subjects? Imagine the fun we'd poke at West Ham if they did that.

    They wouldn't.

    I just find it amusing that this constant push from the club about the "match day experience" seems to miss that the most important part of match day is the stuff that happens on the pitch. I don't give a crap about the PA system or what beer they have in the concourse as much as I do about having a decent team and manager that well ... Actually win games

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doddisalegend View Post
    They wouldn't.

    I just find it amusing that this constant push from the club about the "match day experience" seems to miss that the most important part of match day is the stuff that happens on the pitch. I don't give a crap about the PA system or what beer they have in the concourse as much as I do about having a decent team and manager that well ... Actually win games
    Absolutely, my match day experience usually takes a downward spiral when the ref blows the whistle for kick off !

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    28,295

    Default

    Diversionary gimmick that will nevertheless get the likes of Illingsworth moist...

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    28,384
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LGTL View Post
    I can only imagine the type of fan that'll be on this.

    Would rather stick pins down my japs eye.
    I expect they'll try to weed out mark from 'ampshire who wants to whinge about the meat content in the pasties.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    25,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    I expect they'll try to weed out mark from 'ampshire who wants to whinge about the meat content in the pasties.
    and help bring in gender fluid toilets in the Northam

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ampshoire - where else?!
    Posts
    6,210

    Default

    Next home game there will be lots of cute fluffy puppies outside the ground pre match and sweeties on everyone’s seats once inside.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    28,295

    Default

    At last we finally have the chance to get that monkey chicken petting zoo going..

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Locks Heath ex Townhill
    Posts
    8,354

    Default

    They need to realize that the off pitch stuff means nothing if the on pitch stuff is not right
    this is Rupert again after 2003
    nearly impossible to market a team that keeps losing without effort
    really starting to fear for future,something stinks, glad i have had 56 years of support where in the majority of those football on the pitch came first not marketing

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    West of Fareham
    Posts
    12,226

    Default

    "Oh no we're getting relegated - we're gonna have to give a **** about the fans again."

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sunny Rownhams
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Its more PR bull**** to take away the fact the leadership fcked up again.
    Can you imagine those meetings...chief qualification gullibility
    Only thing that matters is on the pitch
    Last edited by Give it to Ron; 14-02-2018 at 10:01 AM.

  21. #21

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stamping on peoples dreams since 2010
    Posts
    27,978

    Default

    Id make an excellent fan on the board.

    Id ban the sale and consumption of all food inside the stadium - drink is allowed
    Ban blokes bringing their birds
    In fact Id Ban women
    Ban the use of iPads, phones or any other device
    Ban the banter mars bar on his head types
    All songs sung had to be preapproved by the board, anyone singing sh*te will be banned
    Everyone would have to pass a style test before they enter the stadium - no sh*t trainers or shoes, no ill fitting jeans, no shirts over hoodies, you get the idea - immediate bans for anyone who doesnt meet the criteria
    No one with over 24% body fat (which is the top end of average for those that dont know)

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    28,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 70's Mike View Post
    They need to realize that the off pitch stuff means nothing if the on pitch stuff is not right
    this is Rupert again after 2003
    nearly impossible to market a team that keeps losing without effort
    Yep.

    Its genuinely bizarre that the current management set-up are making EXACTLY the same mistakes again. They think they can build a broad-based commerically successful business on the back of the name of the football club without realising that the success of the team carrying the name is essential.

    Only this time its worse. Lowe had at least to answer to his shareholders. Its easy for the Three Musketeers and D'artagnan Liebherr to lie to a grinning idiot 8000 miles away about the state of his investment.

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ampshoire - where else?!
    Posts
    6,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    I’d make an excellent fan on the board.

    I’d ban the sale and consumption of all food inside the stadium - drink is allowed
    Ban blokes bringing their birds
    In fact I’d Ban women
    Ban the use of iPads, phones or any other device
    Ban the banter mars bar on his head types
    All songs sung had to be preapproved by the board, anyone singing sh*te will be banned
    Everyone would have to pass a style test before they enter the stadium - no sh*t trainers or shoes, no ill fitting jeans, no shirts over hoodies, you get the idea - immediate bans for anyone who doesn’t meet the criteria
    No one with over 24% body fat (which is the top end of average for those that don’t know)
    Cripes!!
    We better enter into negotiations with Eastleigh to discuss a ground share with them - with that criteria of entry if you add in the foam hands and face paints to the prohibitions, we should just about fill the Silverlake stadium!!
    ..............oh and I had better find something else to do on a home game Saturday!

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dining room table
    Posts
    12,080

    Default

    We need to put forward CB Fry, Shurlock, Alpine, Hypochondriac, Dalek and Guan for the forum. If that lot doesnt encourage Gao to sell up and Ralph and Les to quit, nothing will.

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    3,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    We need to put forward CB Fry, Shurlock, Alpine, Hypochondriac, Dalek and Guan for the forum. If that lot doesnt encourage Gao to sell up and Ralph and Les to quit, nothing will.
    Too modest, leaving yourself off of that list.........




  26. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    I’d make an excellent fan on the board.

    I’d ban the sale and consumption of all food inside the stadium - drink is allowed
    Ban blokes bringing their birds
    In fact I’d Ban women
    Ban the use of iPads, phones or any other device
    Ban the banter mars bar on his head types
    All songs sung had to be preapproved by the board, anyone singing sh*te will be banned
    Everyone would have to pass a style test before they enter the stadium - no sh*t trainers or shoes, no ill fitting jeans, no shirts over hoodies, you get the idea - immediate bans for anyone who doesn’t meet the criteria
    No one with over 24% body fat (which is the top end of average for those that don’t know)
    Nicola?

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dining room table
    Posts
    12,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minsk View Post
    Too modest, leaving yourself off of that list.........



    I know Minsk, but I am far too moderate!

  28. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    Id make an excellent fan on the board.

    Id ban the sale and consumption of all food inside the stadium - drink is allowed
    Ban blokes bringing their birds
    In fact Id Ban women
    Ban the use of iPads, phones or any other device
    Ban the banter mars bar on his head types
    All songs sung had to be preapproved by the board, anyone singing sh*te will be banned
    Everyone would have to pass a style test before they enter the stadium - no sh*t trainers or shoes, no ill fitting jeans, no shirts over hoodies, you get the idea - immediate bans for anyone who doesnt meet the criteria
    No one with over 24% body fat (which is the top end of average for those that dont know)
    You could have saved some typing by writing "only people like me should be allowed to attend games" 😊

  29. #29

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Forest
    Posts
    4,905

    Default

    Oh come on fella's, wise up! Only an idiot will think about touching their with a bargepole.

    Let them spin their little web... but don't be the fly!

  30. #30

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    17,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Wayman View Post
    Oh come on fella's, wise up! Only an idiot will think about touching their with a bargepole.

    Let them spin their little web... but don't be the fly!

    Thank god you posted Charlie to think we were all about to sign up to this until you pointed out it was a PR stunt...

  31. #31

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hidden behind enemy lines
    Posts
    9,890

    Default

    Finally, a chance to get the petting zoo going.

    Seriously though, if anyone does end up going to one of these things, that sodding green bridge!

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Forest
    Posts
    4,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doddisalegend View Post
    Thank god you posted Charlie to think we were all about to sign up to this until you pointed out it was a PR stunt...
    ;-) Trouble is some will! Let's wait and see.

  33. #33

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stamping on peoples dreams since 2010
    Posts
    27,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Boy Saint View Post
    Cripes!!
    We better enter into negotiations with Eastleigh to discuss a ground share with them - with that criteria of entry if you add in the foam hands and face paints to the prohibitions, we should just about fill the Silverlake stadium!!
    ..............oh and I had better find something else to do on a home game Saturday!
    Foam hands face paints and fancy dress goes without saying. Id rather be in a crowd of 3,000 decent lads than one of 30,000 all acting like c*cks.

  34. #34

    Default

    You couldn't make it up.

  35. #35

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    17,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    I’d make an excellent fan on the board.

    I’d ban the sale and consumption of all food inside the stadium - drink is allowed
    Ban blokes bringing their birds
    In fact I’d Ban women
    Ban the use of iPads, phones or any other device
    Ban the banter mars bar on his head types
    All songs sung had to be preapproved by the board, anyone singing sh*te will be banned
    Everyone would have to pass a style test before they enter the stadium - no sh*t trainers or shoes, no ill fitting jeans, no shirts over hoodies, you get the idea - immediate bans for anyone who doesn’t meet the criteria
    No one with over 24% body fat (which is the top end of average for those that don’t know)
    Sorry turks I don't won't woman banned this is about my match day experience so I really want attractive, topless, Oktoberfest waitresses giving out free steins of beer on the brand new SMS terraces and perhaps a Dallas Cowboys style cheerleader squad for the half time entertainment

    All so if we ban the big lads along with women you've wiped out half the song repertoire of both home and away fans...

  36. #36

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    On the frontline in Locks Heath
    Posts
    6,670

    Default

    What a complete joke...definite shades of the Lowe years with this and another indicator of looming relegation. Why? Because the Board has taken their collective eye off the things that really matter to supporters...namely the results on the pitch.

  37. #37

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Norwich
    Posts
    9,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    We need to put forward CB Fry, Shurlock, Alpine, Hypochondriac, Dalek and Guan for the forum. If that lot doesnt encourage Gao to sell up and Ralph and Les to quit, nothing will.
    If Guan had read my posts carefully he would have known which way we were heading. Ralph and Les would have tried to shut me up three years ago for revealing the truth behind the propaganda.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •