Would Puel still have been sacked if we'd won the Cup?

Bad Wolf

Fact is we failed to score in all three away games and, when it mattered at least, Be'er Sheva at home. After the first game against Sparta, Virgil was the only player who scored for us in the other 5 games. That's pretty poor, however many ifs and buts you dress it up with.

We did score at home to Be'er Sheva (1-1). We also smashed Sparta at home and beat Inter. We went out on the away goals rule.

And strikers not getting many goals was probably due to the fact that Pelle and Mane were sold without being adequately replaced.

Clearly there is no evidence of this. The club is a PR machine and would never let something like that out in the press.

But trust me / Eric, it’s true. People can say we should have sold the olayers / trouble makers, but it is very very difficult to replace a large % of the dressing room.

Personal opinion, had we sold fonte in the summer I don’t think it would have been as bad as it got...

Who were the trouble makers and what was their issues with Puel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We did score at home to Be'er Sheva (1-1). We also smashed Sparta at home and beat Inter. We went out on the away goals rule.

And strikers not getting many goals was probably due to the fact that Pelle and Mane were sold without being adequately replaced.

You missed the part about 'when it mattered'. HBS had the game bought and paid for, the fact that they fell asleep when 1-0 up in injury time and only needing a draw is no great reflection on our performance. The fact is we were playing for a 0-0 and showed little sign of anything for 90 minutes.

Austin and Boufal may be poor replacements for Pelle and Mané but they, Tadic, Redmond, Sims, Long, Jay Rod and JWP are capable of more than 5 blanks in 6 games, given better tactics and leadership.

Clearly there is no evidence of this. The club is a PR machine and would never let something like that out in the press.

But trust me / Eric, it’s true. People can say we should have sold the olayers / trouble makers, but it is very very difficult to replace a large % of the dressing room.

Personal opinion, had we sold fonte in the summer I don’t think it would have been as bad as it got...

Ryan Bertand is another that needs to take a long look at himself as does Tadic. No doubt that Fonte acted the pr*ck behind the scenes (bursting into board meetings etc.) but he wasn't one of those that openly laughed in Puel's face during teamtalks and ignored what he said on the pitch.

To be honest i'm not hugely impressed in what i know about this group of players, alright there's some honest pro's and decent people in there, Stephen Davis, Shane Long, McQueen, Austin, Romeu, but there's also a lot of uppity little d*cks with very little respect, and even less understanding about normal people (one of the stories i heard about a non playing member of staff and their conversation about not getting a payrise with a player shocked me in the players ignorance).

I guess that's what happens when you're told you're a demigod from the age of 13/14 and given your own routes through the ground to keep you apart from normal people (though apparently that's now been changed under Gao).