Guido Carrillo - Official: Free Transfer to Elche

Mr X

• 2 weeks later...
Leganes won. Carrillo played 0 minutes

Pellegrino dropping Carrillo did the trick, giving Leganes a comfortable victory over Barcelona. He's obviously a managerial genius. The downside is that we're going to be stuck with Carrillo again at the end of the season beacause I can't see anyone else agreeing to take him if even Pellegrino doesn't want him any more.

• 2 weeks later...
Didn't get the criticism for Carillo. Had no time to adjust and came into a side in dire form under 2 awful managers.

He's nothing special but good in the air and a lot more mobile than Austin. Would much prefer him to Austin or Long. Thought he, Ings, Gabbiadini and Gallagher would provide useful options really.

Bet he ends up our top scorer this season! Probably would only be a 8 or 9 goal striker here over a season IMO but still beats most the rubbish we have.

It would be a straight choice between him & Austin imo. Long offers other things that neither of them do. Can play wide in a 3, & also offers a bit more pace.

If you forget the price tag & just concentrate on whether he’s a better option than Austin, you’d probably say he was on the evidence of the season so far. However, in July most people would have backed Austin to bury more chances than he has. He seems to have fallen off a cliff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
No way of knowing - he had sweet FA opportunity to settle in or play in a side that gave him any service whatsoever
Agree, he was thrust into an under performing side and given 7 games, and then bombed out. Shane Long, 2 goals in how many games?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Why does this thread pop up every week. The guy showed that he wasn't nearly good enough for the PL. I don't care what he does/doesn't do elsewhere

Because he's still ours, and if he can score a few we may be able to find some sucker to buy him, with luck for about half what we paid.

This is so ridiculous. He barely played, and played in a team where everyone was struggling.

Carillo is written off, yet Long and Austin are fine contributed nothing and never scoring? I'd far rather have Carrillo as an option this season, he's a much different option to Ings or Gabbiadini and one we need.

It's not like he's gone off to bang in a few in some useless league, it's a very high standard.

Why can't people seem to get their heads around players taking time to settle into new countries, leagues and systems? Countless players have struggled initially and come good. Doesn't mean he will, but does make writing him off in a handful of games fairly pathetic. Same with Vesterguard and Elyounoussi.

Shhhh yourself, he had his seven game trial and failed. The forum experts have spoken.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

He is better than Long and Austin.

Quite a sad reflection on our squad that I both think he is useless and agree with this statement.

This is so ridiculous. He barely played, and played in a team where everyone was struggling.

Carillo is written off, yet Long and Austin are fine contributed nothing and never scoring? I'd far rather have Carrillo as an option this season, he's a much different option to Ings or Gabbiadini and one we need.

It's not like he's gone off to bang in a few in some useless league, it's a very high standard.

Why can't people seem to get their heads around players taking time to settle into new countries, leagues and systems? Countless players have struggled initially and come good. Doesn't mean he will, but does make writing him off in a handful of games fairly pathetic. Same with Vesterguard and Elyounoussi.

I'm not writing him off because of the dosen or so games he played for us (although he contributed pretty much nothing, even against Wigan). It's more the entire career averaging about 5 goals a season against French pub teams.

The fact that he was straight out the door after MoPe was sacked (despite being our record signing 6 months earlier) probably shows you how much the club actually rate him.

I’m sure he got paid handsomely but I wouldn’t wish his arrival on any new player. The most negative point in our recent history and a complete unknown quantity in himself, was up against it from day one. Really wish him all the best, whether it’s with us or not.