Guido Carrillo - Official: Free Transfer to Elche

Mr X

Weird signing, did Reed actually think that all Pellegrino needed was a striker and everything would turn out rosy?! Such a weird signing at such an important time of the season.

I wouldn't expect him to be one of our highest earners so wouldn't expect him to be too difficult to get rid of in the summer for a cut fee.

I bet he's on a fair whack. Monaco players don't pay tax so you've got to add about 40% on their salary when signing them for them to just break even.

A sobering thought is that the average Championship wage is probably less than £10k a week and we've got Targett and Stephens on 4 times that.

We only bought him to provide Pell a statement of support at the time. Obviously Sparky does'nt fancy him as he has been pretty much overlooked since the first game of his tenure.

Best he gets shipped out as he is'nt going to pull up any trees here.

I bet he's on a fair whack. Monaco players don't pay tax so you've got to add about 40% on their salary when signing them for them to just break even.

A sobering thought is that the average Championship wage is probably less than £10k a week and we've got Targett and Stephens on 4 times that.

Says who? Can't see it personally.

And I thought they sorted that distortion out a few years ago regarding Monaco/tax which was why a few of their players left. (Falcao & Rodriguez)

Says who? Can't see it personally.

And I thought they sorted that distortion out a few years ago regarding Monaco/tax which was why a few of their players left. (Falcao & Rodriguez)

Monaco paid the French federation a one off 50 million euros payment (over 2 years) to sort out just the financial inequality. Their French players pay tax in France. The others don't. Falcao and Rodriguez left because the owner got divorced and needed money. Was Falcao ever transferred though, just loaned out twice maybe. If there was any sort of income tax in Monaco all yer stars of this that and the other wouldn't live there. You know that the late Johnny Hallyday wanted to be recognised as Belgian instead of French so that he could live in Monaco and not pay any tax anywhere? Didn't work so he settled for Switzerland and California.

I'd rather keep him and move Long on. With a summer here, who knows. Austin won't stay fit and we'd have an extra target man. I don't think the guy is as bad as is being made out.

Rather focus on creating an attacking team that creates chances. If you've got one striker position, Austin, Gabbi and Carrillo would be enough options.

How on earth can you say that ? Based on what evidence would you place Carillo in your first team squad striker force?

He has been really poor to say the least and there is no way we could put him in the team unless we want to repeat the form of this year.

Gallagher would be a better option than Carillo - honestly the guy is not good enough for us... Indeed who ever made the decision to spend 19m on him should be sacked for gross incompetence!

It’s pretty obvious MH doesn’t rate him either which is hardly surprising...

If we bought a half decent striker for 10m then we would of at least had a goal scoring option off the bench unlike Gabby and Long who will never score for us again.

I'm fairly sure Gabbiadini has the ability, in a team that does more than just pass to the full backs and cross the ball nowhere near him when he's the only one in the box. Most of his early goals came from us varying play with the odd through ball, which we completely stopped doing around March 2017 until we played Wigan recently.

*coughs*.

How on earth can you say that ? Based on what evidence would you place Carrillo in your first team squad striker force?

He has been really poor to say the least and there is no way we could put him in the team unless we want to repeat the form of this year.

Gallagher would be a better option than Carrillo - honestly the guy is not good enough for us... Indeed who ever made the decision to spend 19m on him should be sacked for gross incompetence!

It’s pretty obvious MH doesn’t rate him either which is hardly surprising...

I don't think either of them are up to much, but getting rid of Long, who does a decent job defending from the front, has great workrate for the odd isolated away game where we don't see the ball much, and occasionally even scores - rather than Carrillo who just looks lost and aside from one decent effort on his debut has shown nothing at all to suggest he'd even trouble a League One defence (he didn't) - is bonkers.

i think he deserves a chance....... joined as Pells golden boy, Pell then sacked pretty quickly, and has the pressure of everyone expecting him to save the club, in a league he hasnever played in......... got to be worth 6 months of next season, his resale value now won't be anywhere near what we paid......maybe he can become good, you don't get a price tag like we payed by being total ****e......... i hope!

i think he deserves a chance....... joined as Pells golden boy, Pell then sacked pretty quickly, and has the pressure of everyone expecting him to save the club, in a league he hasnever played in......... got to be worth 6 months of next season, his resale value now won't be anywhere near what we paid......maybe he can become good, you don't get a price tag like we payed by being total ****e......... i hope!

May have hoped it, but don't think many expected that of him, quite the opposite. As he was Clown's choice, I think most expected him to be of fairly limited benefit, if not crap;to that end he has lived up to expectation.

We've already spent the money so may as well try to get something out of him.

If he does well enough to entice some other club to take him off our hands, great!

If he does even better and shows he can actually be a useful member of the squad, great!

If he continues to bomb, well... at least it may contribute to Les Reed getting the heave-ho.

• 2 weeks later...

hoping he stays, gets a good preseason, and comes good. He looked decent enough in the first game or two before Mope got to him.

hope he gets another chance.

if not, **** him, he was ****. replace him with Tammy Abraham please.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm willing to give him another go. He got no service whatsoever under MP's boring, rigid, negative system. I reckon he'll do well in a Hughes team and let's face it, we are not going to make our money back so we may as well just give him a chance.

Too early to sell him. We still really don't know what he's capable of. He may turn out decent. Be a shame to sell him for pennies only for him to bang in 20 goals. Can't see it happening but footie is a weird game. Train him hard. Get him focused. Give him game time. He may come good. Or I may be a bit drunk...

Not sure a Premiership team can afford to give a player ‘a go’ invade he comes good....

He will need to prove himself worthy of ‘another’ go before just being given a place.

Agreed, the invader needs to be given another go so he can prove be he is worth another go.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely insane that we spent so much on someone who was no more than our failed managers mate. Maybe we should ask MP to compensate us for him?

In all seriousness though, whoever sanctioned this at club level needs to be tossed out.

Carrillo close to Leganes switch?

http://www.fichajes.com/breves/info-fichajes-guido-carrillo-se-acerca-al-leganes_137247

Guessing it's a loan move & we'd be paying a big % of his wages.

(Not sure how much cash Leganes have)

Doesn t say its a loan move. Just that he is close to becoming a Leganes player, just needs to pass his medical and papers to be signed

Feel bad for him. No idea if he's any good, didn't see enough of him here and when he did play it was in a negative, off form side.

The dislike for him from fans seems really over the top. Especially given how abysmal the rest of our strikers and attacking midfielders have also been over far more games.

Far rather keep Carrillo than Long.

Nah, I saw enough of him to know he wasn’t a decent PL player, struggled to make an impact in any of the games he played. Didn’t hold the ball up, didn’t really bring others into the game, was slow and lacked mobility.

It was telling that he barely got a look in once Hughes was through the door, in games we needed to win he wasn’t even making the bench. Nowhere near good enough for us.

Doesn t say its a loan move. Just that he is close to becoming a Leganes player, just needs to pass his medical and papers to be signed

Yeah, but I can't imagine Leganes can stump up anywhere near enough cash (or wages) to complete a transfer.

Their recent spending on transfers are around minimal spending, loans & frees.

We should ask MP to pay the transfer fee out of his own pocket
MP didn't sign the cheques though did he? Whoever did sign off on this at board level really shouldn't be at the club now. Shameful waste of money given what Ralph has been spouting about needing to sell to fund new players.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Feel bad for him. No idea if he's any good, didn't see enough of him here and when he did play it was in a negative, off form side.

The dislike for him from fans seems really over the top. Especially given how abysmal the rest of our strikers and attacking midfielders have also been over far more games.

Never feel sorry for him as he’s probably made 3m out of the deal already.

At least long has pace. Carrillo hasn't shown anything to justify 20mil just yet. Hope they both improve under sparky but long>carrillo for me.

The Black-Box clearly got infected with RansomWare in January & Carrillo's agent was behind it.

They blackmailed us for £19m & we got Carrillo in the post.

The Black-Box clearly got infected with RansomWare in January & Carrillo's agent was behind it.

They blackmailed us for £19m & we got Carrillo in the post.

Maybe MP was his agent. Or he's his dad. Or something equally as perculior.

Maybe we actually got paid to sign him, that would make more sense. The fee was just a bluff to make it look like we were active.

Yeah, I'll go with that.

Maybe MP was his agent. Or he's his dad. Or something equally as perculior.

Maybe we actually got paid to sign him, that would make more sense. The fee was just a bluff to make it look like we were active.

Yeah, I'll go with that.

It just beggars belief. I'd love to know where Carrillo was in the shortlist at the start of the season.

I get that numerous targets wouldn't have wanted to come to us, but £19 million..... FFS.

I suppose we should count ourselves lucky we stayed up & that £19 million is very slightly not as damaging as it could have been.

Don’t think there is much dislike from the fans, more like incredulous disbelief that a multi million pound business could piddle so much money up the wall on a player who didn’t shine at Monaco according to their fans. Even more so when when Ralph let it out that the club didn’t twig that we were in the poo until January but still wasted so much money on a pit pony who was the struggling managers mate.......and now he is likely to be off to join him again need VAR to take a peek at that:p

what is more worrying is the club can’t see what’s going on right under their flipping noses, yet even the most mild mannered fan in the stand has seen the bleedin obvious weeks before its hit the agenda of the weekly board meeting.

it would have been far more effective to have bunged Birmingham City £5m to buy Sam Gallagher out of his loan.