Guido Carrillo - Official: Free Transfer to Elche

Mr X

Gross misconduct offence by whoever approved this signing. Probably the same buffoon who kept someone totally unsuitable in post until March! Did it really did take them until Newcastle to realise the players weren’t responding and weren’t being trained or prepared with the required intensity? Might as well have sold VVD for £55m. We needed that money this summer and the person or persons need removing from the club.

We will end up loaning him out for the next 3 years whilet we pay Monaco for him.

No chance Leganes are paying all his wages either.

Hopefully this entire fiasco was the wake up call they needed.

Imagine if we had got relegated and were lumbered with 3 years of Carillo, a couple of years of Clasie and Long and Austin on more than 50k a week. Scary.

Anyone can get relegated pathetic comments

Gross misconduct offence by whoever approved this signing. Probably the same buffoon who kept someone totally unsuitable in post until March! Did it really did take them until Newcastle to realise the players weren’t responding and weren’t being trained or prepared with the required intensity? Might as well have sold VVD for £55m. We needed that money this summer and the person or persons need removing from the club.

Probably the same buffoon who managed the help us sign the likes of VVD, Mane, Schneiderlin and Wanyama before making massive profits on their sale. For every Osvaldo or Carrillo there will always be gems like Romeu, Bertrand, Hojberg or Lemina. Same as there will always be fans demanding a signing - any signing - then play the blame game when it goes pear shaped. It’s always a rollercoaster following Saints but I always enjoy the ride

Good news that Carrillo's year-long loan to CD Leganes has been confirmed by Southampton FC. At least Pellegrino has done us a favour at last.

Oh yes some favour.............he was the clubs record spunking signing........wow we really do pick em but i said my piece on a thread i created just after seeing him come on for 10 mins or so and i got slatted for it but hey what do i know?.............just an opinion right/

Hope he does really well. The games I saw him in he was no worse than the rest and always looked to give it his all. Unfortunately he plays in a position which means many will judge him solely on goals and so that makes it fairly easy to knock the lad. Who knows, if he'd come into a better team things might have been different, but when you look at the slack that Shane Long gets on his goal record, I'm not about to slate Guido.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Hope he does really well. The games I saw him in he was no worse than the rest and always looked to give it his all. Unfortunately he plays in a position which means many will judge him solely on goals and so that makes it fairly easy to knock the lad. Who knows, if he'd come into a better team things might have been different, but when you look at the slack that Shane Long gets on his goal record, I'm not about to slate Guido.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

He was poor. Being on the same level as Shano only proves that!

Probably the same buffoon who managed the help us sign the likes of VVD, Mane, Schneiderlin and Wanyama before making massive profits on their sale. For every Osvaldo or Carrillo there will always be gems like Romeu, Bertrand, Hojberg or Lemina. Same as there will always be fans demanding a signing - any signing - then play the blame game when it goes pear shaped. It’s always a rollercoaster following Saints but I always enjoy the ride ��

Hmm tbf though fairly sure 95% of the fanbase could see with his statistics and what not that £19m was a stupid fee to part with- honestly would rather have not spent at all then to flunk that.

Probably the same buffoon who managed the help us sign the likes of VVD, Mane, Schneiderlin and Wanyama before making massive profits on their sale. For every Osvaldo or Carrillo there will always be gems like Romeu, Bertrand, Hojberg or Lemina. Same as there will always be fans demanding a signing - any signing - then play the blame game when it goes pear shaped. It’s always a rollercoaster following Saints but I always enjoy the ride ?

Don't think so, somehow, that was a previous buffoon.

Probably the same buffoon who managed the help us sign the likes of VVD, Mane, Schneiderlin and Wanyama before making massive profits on their sale. For every Osvaldo or Carrillo there will always be gems like Romeu, Bertrand, Hojberg or Lemina. Same as there will always be fans demanding a signing - any signing - then play the blame game when it goes pear shaped. It’s always a rollercoaster following Saints but I always enjoy the ride ��

Except that 99% of us knew that the donkey was going to be a terrible signing, and that it was on behalf of the clown who should've been sacked months earlier.

Whats funny is, before January occurred nearly a huge majority of Saints fans said we needed a target man / focal point striker up front.

Don't we still need one?

Yes we've needed one for 2 seasons now. Maybe, just maybe, it's finally dawned on Reed and co.

The whole signing was based on the club trying to show it was backing the manager... a manager who should have been sacked before the January window had even opened.

I share your sentiments on this. The signing of this utter no mark 'striker' with a one star record signed by a complete and utter plank of a manager panned out exactly as I and no doubt you expected. Worrying how blinkered/obstinate those in charge of our club are capable of being.

Bordeaux failed with a loan bid for Guido Carrillo

Ligue 1 side Bordeaux were rebuffed in their efforts to sign former AS Monaco and current Southampton striker Guido Carrillo on loan, according to Le 10 Sport.

The 27-year-old decided that he wanted to try his hand in Spain with Léganes instead, according to the report.

Source: http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2018/bordeaux-failed-with-a-loan-bid-for-guido-carrillo/

Leganes fans will be absolutely buzzing to have signed a striker who the statistical analysis unequivocally shows will score a goal every other game.

Any doubters amongst them need only refer to the "Carillo, Saints legend" Youtube vid.

Never thought I'd say it but I think saints went downhill after we let pelle go to china ( I can understand why in a way) pelle contributed more than just hold up play & was leagues ahead of Austin & long in terms of a football brain

Never thought I'd say it but I think saints went downhill after we let pelle go to china ( I can understand why in a way) pelle contributed more than just hold up play & was leagues ahead of Austin & long in terms of a football brain

And yet got **** on in here game after game by the forum experts.

Trying to think of the positives....

Possibly this signing is the reason Leslie has seen his responsibility reduced?

Every cloud

Ok I’ll bite. This reduced responsibility quote is your new go to comment every other post. Where are you getting this from? Who has assumed his responsibility and which specific tasks Is he no longer in charge of?

Ok I’ll bite. This reduced responsibility quote is your new go to comment every other post. Where are you getting this from? Who has assumed his responsibility and which specific tasks Is he no longer in charge of?

He was actually promoted, but Glasgow loves to troll!

Anyone can get relegated pathetic comments

Anyone can get relegated? Well, when I made such a statement at the start of last I was lambasted and ridiculed. Yep, 'we can never be relegated', and the league table last season shows just how secure our premiership status is.

No complacency at SFC.

We will end up loaning him out for the next 3 years whilet we pay Monaco for him.

No chance Leganes are paying all his wages either.

Hopefully this entire fiasco was the wake up call they needed.

Imagine if we had got relegated and were lumbered with 3 years of Carillo, a couple of years of Clasie and Long and Austin on more than 50k a week. Scary.

Charlie Austin is like a 1 in 2 man in the PL and would tear up the Championship, as would Long to be honest and hardly like Clasie is some terrible player. Plus loads of clubs get relegated and I'd imagine most would have had relegation wage drops.

Carillo is a poor signing, every club has them but the rest you posted is just nonsense.

Which is basically what this is, a crap signing, don't get the fuss people make when the club has had multiple successes unearthing talent there are always going to be some bad ones and this is one.

Move on and forget it, hopefully he'll do all right and we'll be able to sell him next season and recoup some fee.

No need to beat the club repeatedly with it.

Whats funny is, before January occurred nearly a huge majority of Saints fans said we needed a target man / focal point striker up front.

Don't we still need one?

In the last couple of games, Gabbiadini's hold-up play was excellent and very unexpected.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Charlie Austin is like a 1 in 2 man in the PL and would tear up the Championship, as would Long to be honest and hardly like Clasie is some terrible player. Plus loads of clubs get relegated and I'd imagine most would have had relegation wage drops.

Carillo is a poor signing, every club has them but the rest you posted is just nonsense.

Which is basically what this is, a crap signing, don't get the fuss people make when the club has had multiple successes unearthing talent there are always going to be some bad ones and this is one.

Move on and forget it, hopefully he'll do all right and we'll be able to sell him next season and recoup some fee.

No need to beat the club repeatedly with it.

Austin misses too many games to be worth £50k a week in the Championship - no way he starts 3 games in a week.

As for Long tearing up the Championship...he is ****e in front of goal (always has been, always will be) so I don't think he would, and certainly wouldn't be worth £50k a week in that league.

See Villa, my point was that had we gone down we have quite a few players on big cash that it would be hard to shift.

Paying half of Carillo's wages in the Championship would have been ludicrous!

• 3 weeks later...
Oh yes some favour.............he was the clubs record spunking signing........wow we really do pick em but i said my piece on a thread i created just after seeing him come on for 10 mins or so and i got slatted for it but hey what do i know?.............just an opinion right/

Yes that's exactly right. Your's is just an opinion. You have no skin in the game as opposed to people charged with making decisions with their arse on the line. Very easy to criticise after the event. Did you pipe up before the signing? I doubt it.

Yes that's exactly right. Your's is just an opinion. You have no skin in the game as opposed to people charged with making decisions with their arse on the line. Very easy to criticise after the event. Did you pipe up before the signing? I doubt it.

there were loads of posts baffled by the signing. One or two actually suggested he had a decent goal record...when he really didnt and did absolutely nothing to suggest he would achieve anything more than he did with us

Edited by Batman

there were loads of posts baffled by the signing. One or two actually suggested he had a decent goal record...when he really didnt and did absolutely nothing to suggest he would achieve anything more than he did with us
It was pretty obvious he wasn't what we needed and was a dreadful signing. That was clear at the time and so it proved.

I think we could sign Carlos Kaiser and we'd still have the normal suspects on here quoting his minutes per goal ratio and the importance of patience and trust in the SFC management.

I got the impression everyone thought it was wrong for some reason - quality, price, nepotism or type of player.

Of course we have to remember other clubs do make mistakes as well- Jansen and Sissoko for Spurs for instance. But it seems Saints do excel at the dud buy in comparison to most other teams.

The club didn't want to admit their mistake so rather than sack him, they spent the most in our history on a failure.

This is how I see it, without knowing any other facts other than what we can all see from the way we played and the results. You've got to look at Palace and see how decisive they were with FdB. 4 league games, where the players didn't buy into his methods, and he was gone. I suppose one could look at it and think it was the "honourable" thing to do to support the manager, but of course that was plainly the wrong thing.

But I do think that we were in a somewhat different situation than Palace. The owner who was in place when he was appointed didn't have a huge amount of interest in anything other than selling the club. I know that it is easy to blame Reed for all the ills that have recently happened, but I very much suspect (again without knowing anything that went on behind the scenes) that he had a hand tied behind his back and was told to work within a very strict budget. I presume Pellegrino was a cheap option.