League clean sheets: 4 all season

benjii

A bigger problem than the attack. We've been in the lead loads of times and given it away.

The handling of the van Dijk situation and failure to replace him has been shocking. Feel a bit for Pellegrino in this respect.

Blame Forster for most of that not the defence

I know Yoshida was injured today but as our most experience CB left surely he has to play along side either Hoedt or Stephens together they just look to inexperienced and liable to mistakes.

its not just the CBs though our full backs are having some poor games yet they know their places aren't under threat, no matter how ****e they are, because the back ups are not nearly as good.

Yes we've gone from having the best defence in Europe to decidedly leaky in a relatively short time. We were so well organised defensively under Puel/Koeman but we have different players now.

At least our defenders still get a few goals.

Come on guys. I know we aren't great but every thread and most posts on here are just so negative

Bear in mind that we have lost one game in the last 8 and that was against Liverpool who next match beat Porto by 5.

Good post. Even though Pellegrino is a **** I think we may well scrape out of this mess.

But are they? Solent kept mentioning MoPe telling the defence to push up in particular he had to keep telling Hoedt according to Blackmore.

If it happened once or twice this season id be inclined to agree but its an a recurring theme. If MP is still struggling to get his defensive shape and style of play across after 30+ games this season then that speaks volumes

Come on guys. I know we aren't great but every thread and most posts on here are just so negative

Bear in mind that we have lost one game in the last 8 and that was against Liverpool who next match beat Porto by 5.

And we’re still 3rd from bottom.