FA Cup Qtr Final Saints v Wigan or Man City AWAy

John Boy Saint

I recall an expro saying a few years back, you can fix a draw by heating some of the balls. I don’t believe it is a fix , just one of those things.

anyway who would trust Owen to get anything right, dull as ditchwater and one of the reasons I won’t get BT sport

Very convenient draw for BT Sport, who were the ones doing the draw... makes you wonder.

Fair old effort and cover up required for very little gain - a few more viewing figures on the semis. Hey you never know it might just be random.

4 of the Top 6 in the quarter finals and they all miraculously avoid each other. Just like in the League Cup Quarter Final draw.

Good thing someone remembered to switch on the ball heater eh FA .

Tbh they made it look very natural. And Michael Owen isn't bright enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to admit the big guns have had remarkable luck in avoiding each other, round after round.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

also funny the same thing happened in the league cup too! glad bristol city shat on that parade tho when they beat United.

let's pray that can be us when we beat City.

It would also be very rewarding if we were to win this and be the ones stopping City from winning another trophy.

May 1st 1976 was a tougher ask.

Even if we somehow beat city , chances are it'll be Chelsea, Utd or Spurs in the semis. Needed the big 4 to meet each other or at least 2 of them to open up the other half of the draw. Absolutely no ****ing chance of anyone outside those 4 winning it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair old effort and cover up required for very little gain - a few more viewing figures on the semis. Hey you never know it might just be random.

FWIW the chances of a quarter-final draw where the "big four" avoid each other are 24/105 - or around 23% - so not that surprising really.

(I'm a lot of fun at parties)

nope- it was from last season they removed replays for the quarter final.

Also because they removed replays for this stage of the cup, it is why they call it quarterfinals now whereas it used to be called the sixth round.

Ah, ok, ta.

Seems a bit unfair really. The whole concept of the FA Cup is to make it as fair as possible to both sides with semi-finals on a neutral ground, for example. As it stands now a team could earn a hard-fought draw after 90 minutes and then have to face another 30 minutes of home advantage for the other team.