FA Cup Qtr Final Saints v Wigan or Man City AWAy

John Boy Saint

No it was not

We are away to Man City probably one of the best PL team ever

We are dross in comparison

They beat us by a last minute goal. Obviously seems the hardest draw but you lot don’t even want to dream. They are much better than us but aren’t unbeatable. Everyone felt same when we got Liverpool in League Cup semis.

That draw just makes this whole cup run seem like a complete waste of time, lads I know who have done Fulham and WBA away days saying can’t be f’cked with this one, despite being a 1/4 final shows the lack of appetite for this certain defeat. Will be televised at an inconvenient time I doubt we’ll take more than 2000 up

It's clearly a bit of a fix but never mind, we'll have to play City at some point. Just a shame it's at this stage and not the final.

yes correct, but would have taken any other game tbh- this fixture is the worst we could have got considering we were just one game away from Wembley!

now our hopes of Wembley basically over.

If we aim to win the cup have to beat at least one of the top 4 at some time.

I don't fear City. So what if they have a team worth zillions , football has a knack of kicking teams like that in the arse. May be rare but it happens. At least it's away so some pressure will be off Saints.

No way was that draw fixed. They now have 4 low value ties, so, no big advertising game for TV in this round. Plus the armageddon scenario of all four going out.

Bring it on [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

now our hopes of Wembley basically over.

I disagree. We can go into this as underdogs with no-one expecting anything. This is better for a team like us than going into a Quarter Final against a team we'd be expected to beat e.g. Sheff Utd. Of course, Wigan might still shock them too.

Ah, ok, ta.

Seems a bit unfair really. The whole concept of the FA Cup is to make it as fair as possible to both sides with semi-finals on a neutral ground, for example. As it stands now a team could earn a hard-fought draw after 90 minutes and then have to face another 30 minutes of home advantage for the other team.

They play extra time? Yes completely unfair for the away team. At least they could then make away goals count double after 120 mins.

I also have a strange feeling that Saints will win, (after penalties) but there will be a lot of moaning in the

media.All about what bad luck Man City had and how they deserved to win against a very poor Saints side.

:lol:

They'll be a lot of moaning on here as well. How shiete city were, how lucky clueless Pell was, we couldn't score apart from the spot kicks, we're still going down, the semi final will be a distraction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also have a strange feeling that Saints will win, (after penalties) but there will be a lot of moaning in the

media.All about what bad luck Man City had and how they deserved to win against a very poor Saints side.

:lol:

Hmm. Penalties. Would we let Tadic take one? I wouldn’t want Redmond to take one.

Bertrand

Gabbi

JWP

Tadic

Boufal

Not feeling too confident about a shootout.

As much as I admire the sentiment and positivity, the gulf in class between Man City's side and us now, compared to between First and Second division sides in '76 is far greater. But that's not to say we can't do it, come on you fooooking Saints!

Don't agree. Man Utd were flying that season finishing 4 points off the title and were playing some fantastic football. We were a mid-table second division side, no one gave us a hope and Bobby Charlton famously stated United would score at least 6. We only lost at City a few weeks ago in added time that shouldn't have happened, they'll going for the title and CL, we've got a chance. How many regretted not going to Anfield for the semi last season?

If Swansea is rearranged in the same period, that will be 5 games away in a row, maybe the club should throw in free travel to City for those that want it.

Does anyone know the 4 TV KO times? Hoping for Saturday game.

Last year it was two Saturday games, one on Sunday and one on Monday.

The year before that, it was one on Friday, one on Saturday and two on Sunday.

I think it depends on what the TV companies want. The final Six Nations games are all on the same Saturday, so that might have an impact. BT have Liverpool v Watford in the Premier League on Saturday evening, and BBC are showing the rugby at the same time. So definitely no Saturday evening game, but probably one Saturday lunchtime game. Likely to be two on Sunday and then the other either on Friday or Monday night.

I think it depends on what the TV companies want. The final Six Nations games are all on the same Saturday, so that might have an impact. BT have Liverpool v Watford in the Premier League on Saturday evening, and BBC are showing the rugby at the same time. So definitely no Saturday evening game, but probably one Saturday lunchtime game. Likely to be two on Sunday and then the other either on Friday or Monday night.

Don't think it can be on a Monday as it clashes with international duty/week.

Cheers. Wouldn’t mind a Friday night one and stay up

The good news is that because no one expects us to get anything the manager will play a really attacking line up, go out all guns blazing and at least provide some decent entertainment on the day.

:spaz:

really? i'm fully expecting pellegrino to play, on the day that is- Davis, JWP, Tadic and Long as our attacking 4, with Romeu and PEH holding!

As a superstitious sort of guy, I can’t say I’m too happy with the draw given what happened the last time we met a Manchester club in the quarter finals whom we are also due to play in the last game of the season....

Sh1t I hadn't previously made that connection, but it doesn't bode well.

Don't think it can be on a Monday as it clashes with international duty/week.

Yup, so definitely Friday night, Saturday lunchtime and two on Sunday.

BBC have first and fourth pick, BT have second and third. We won't be first pick (Leicester v Chelsea is probably the best match) so I guess it depends whether BT (assuming they choose Man Utd for the ratings) would want our match or go for the possible Spurs away fixture (but risk it being Rochdale instead).

Yup, so definitely Friday night, Saturday lunchtime and two on Sunday.

BBC have first and fourth pick, BT have second and third. We won't be first pick (Leicester v Chelsea is probably the best match) so I guess it depends whether BT (assuming they choose Man Utd for the ratings) would want our match or go for the possible Spurs away fixture (but risk it being Rochdale instead).

The quarter-finals matches will be played between March 16th and 19th

So one on Friday

one on Saturday

one on Sunday

one on Monday

Its a totally ******** draw for anyone other than the "big 4". It means we have to beat Man City (away) then propbably beat another top 4 team in the semis and yet another in the final. Why dont they get to knock each other out?

People say its a fix, but logically this is a possible draw. All it needs is someone with some statistical nous to analyse the past 5-10 years' draws and look at significance. I could do that but can't be arsed.