FA Cup Qtr Final Saints v Wigan or Man City AWAy

John Boy Saint

Couple of things.

Relatively cheap plane tickets from Southampton to Manchester that weekend, around 103 quid return for one adult and one teen, but found a 44 quid return on the train for Saturday!

The other thing I was wondering. If Spurs get to the semi, surely they should have to play it away from Wembley as that is their home ground (currently) and the tie should be played at a neutral venue. Bet it dont happen though!

Couple of things.

Relatively cheap plane tickets from Southampton to Manchester that weekend, around 103 quid return for one adult and one teen, but found a 44 quid return on the train for Saturday!

The other thing I was wondering. If Spurs get to the semi, surely they should have to play it away from Wembley as that is their home ground (currently) and the tie should be played at a neutral venue. Bet it dont happen though!

The FA have said both semis will be at Wembley, even if one involves Spurs. They get a "home" draw.

Its a totally ******** draw for anyone other than the "big 4". It means we have to beat Man City (away) then propbably beat another top 4 team in the semis and yet another in the final. Why dont they get to knock each other out?

People say its a fix, but logically this is a possible draw. All it needs is someone with some statistical nous to analyse the past 5-10 years' draws and look at significance. I could do that but can't be arsed.

feel like it is happening a lot more these past few seasons- look at league cup this year, then fa cup last year.

also maybe I have my saints tinted glass on too much but i still feel sky sports desperately tried to make a united vs liverpool league cup final that we didnt oblige in giving!

I am pretty confident that if you went onto the Wigan or Rochdale forums then you would see that they have a bigger pair of balls than the majority of Saints fans.

It's XI v XI, a cup quarter final, yes we wont be favourites but anything can happen. Maybe if we travel in numbers and get behind the team they may surprise us.

I am pretty confident that if you went onto the Wigan or Rochdale forums then you would see that they have a bigger pair of balls than the majority of Saints fans.

It's XI v XI, a cup quarter final, yes we wont be favourites but anything can happen. Maybe if we travel in numbers and get behind the team they may surprise us.

Indeed. Let's hope they can surprise us and beat Wigan.

That should give the players a huge lift. It’s a very winnable game against Wigan and a chance of a semi final Fa cup tie at Wembley.

City should have buried them. Very winnable game.

Our players should be busting a gut now to raise their collective forms at least 2/3 notches and that’ll help us in the league

Is the Fraud MoPo final bound again..??

FFS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh well, maybe next year.

Dog**** Worst possible tie.

****s sake! Thanks a lot Owen. Worst possible draw.

^This.

Well that’s a distraction we didn’t ****ing need.

Man City Spurs Man Utd Chelsea in the Semis then :yawn:

That’s a bit of a mood killer...

we are away to one of the best sides in world football.

That will be that

At least we can concentrate on staying up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least this distraction is coming to an end...

Ummm... guys... cheer up ffs... :mcinnes:

DWbfOEhW0AU60vp.jpg:large

Named after the real 'pier' which was a little landing stage on the canal, for loading coal on to barges. Famous because of orwell's novel then used as a name for the area, museum, etc.

Oi! Don't spoil it. :-)

I'm curiously tempted to do the trip, but then I might wait to go to the semis on my birthday weekend.. Stay with friends at Harrow, sorted. On the other hand...

Hopefully it’s as good a day as the last time we played there.

Pompey have Oldham away on that Saturday, so very slim chance it’ll be Saturday, my guess Sunday or Monday night.

We only drew. It's a good pub scene but I was surprised at the level of aggro from their yoof. There was quite a bit of trouble, especially by the canal after the game.

I don't think it can be Monday night as we're into an international week, but I could be wrong.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Hopefully it’s as good a day as the last time we played there.

Pompey have Oldham away on that Saturday, so very slim chance it’ll be Saturday, my guess Sunday or Monday night.

That's a great catch............. It won't be the Saturday if that is correct.

Loads of aggro from them last time, expect more, especially if we beat them.

Yep, down by the canal behind the stadium - was a cracking day all round, a proper 'northern away'. If I remember rightly a Saints fan got wrongly accused of beating up a bird in the chaos :lol:

Oh that we had one ounce of the guts, determination and fight of Wigan Athletic. No household names, no stars but a team work ethic that we have never had.

Last night also showed what a nasty, spoilt bully-boy Guardiola is. Let's hope he gets a FA ban for his lunatic ranting behaviour after Delph got what he deserved. It must be pure hell for a young kid in his training ground. no wonder so few of the City stars can raise a smile.

We only drew. It's a good pub scene but I was surprised at the level of aggro from their yoof. There was quite a bit of trouble, especially by the canal after the game.

I don't think it can be Monday night as we're into an international week, but I could be wrong.

Yeah it can’t be Monday. If BBC make our game their first pick, it’s very likely that it’ll be a Friday night kickoff.

Oh that we had one ounce of the guts, determination and fight of Wigan Athletic. No household names, no stars but a team work ethic that we have never had.

Last night also showed what a nasty, spoilt bully-boy Guardiola is. Let's hope he gets a FA ban for his lunatic ranting behaviour after Delph got what he deserved. It must be pure hell for a young kid in his training ground. no wonder so few of the City stars can raise a smile.

All great managers are terrible losers, it is basically in their DNA. Plus IMO that challenge was debatable, it didn't look that bad to me and the Ref started with a yellow out and looked like he got swayed.

Yeah it can’t be Monday. If BBC make our game their first pick, it’s very likely that it’ll be a Friday night kickoff.
Does that mean it can't be Monday or just a bit unlikely? All the adverts for this round state Friday to Monday fixtures and the international break factor would affect all the remaining fixtures.

I pray that the game is on a Saturday so that I can go!

Wish they would let us know by now so I can book travel ffs

With Pompey playing in Oldham on the same day, I will be very very surprised if it's on the Saturday.

There is a running event in Wigan on the Sunday, which circles the stadium, so I think we can probably rule that out as well... I'm going for Monday night, but that will be down to TV companies - looking at the draw (unless Rochdale win) we are probably the most appealing tie for TV.

I pray that the game is on a Saturday so that I can go!

Wish they would let us know by now so I can book travel ffs

As noted elsewhere, they may avoid Saturday as Pompey are at Oldham that day - would mean Saints and the fishy ones traveling together. [emoji15][emoji849]

All great managers are terrible losers, it is basically in their DNA. Plus IMO that challenge was debatable, it didn't look that bad to me and the Ref started with a yellow out and looked like he got swayed.

Was hardly a huge miscarriage of justice though, even if it was debatable. Makes a change for the referee not to shirk a decision against one of the big boys, especially media darlings City.

As noted elsewhere, they may avoid Saturday as Pompey are at Oldham that day - would mean Saints and the fishy ones traveling together. [emoji15][emoji849]

Still possible , we played Blackpool when skates were at Man Utd in FA cup I think in 09 a few of them appeared later that night.

Just had a look at Wigan's home form this year, it's very impressive. Only 6 goals conceded all year.

Still possible , we played Blackpool when skates were at Man Utd in FA cup I think in 09 a few of them appeared later that night.

Just had a look at Wigan's home form this year, it's very impressive. Only 6 goals conceded all year.

That is impressive but then they haven't had to face our free scoring goal machines Jack Stephens and JWP...

With Pompey playing in Oldham on the same day, I will be very very surprised if it's on the Saturday.

There is a running event in Wigan on the Sunday, which circles the stadium, so I think we can probably rule that out as well... I'm going for Monday night, but that will be down to TV companies - looking at the draw (unless Rochdale win) we are probably the most appealing tie for TV.

I think Monday is off limits due to FIFA regulations, because it’s an international week. Maybe they will make an exception if nothing else is possible.

And Wigan play on the Wednesday before, ruling out Friday night (unless they move it to the Tuesday)

Saturday lunchtime could be OK, and will the fact Portsmouth are playing nearby really be an issue? It’ll only be a few hundred fans of theirs anyway.

We’ll find out soon enough anyway, they should be announced today or tomorrow.