Burnley (a) build up

LaptopSaint

Hojbjerg dropped... bizarre.

Carrillo needs to be physically strong today. Hold it up well, allow Redmond and Tadic to run ahead of him. Burnley's defenders aren't too pacy so they need to have good games. Would prefer Sims but Redmond not a bad option for this match.

Edited by Pamplemousse

Good selection.

Boufal has been injured and not exactly setting the world alight either.

Redmond at least provides a bit of pace.

Boufal was very good at West Brom the other week, and has subsequently been dropped from the starting lineup since.

Redmond offers extremely little, would rather have Sims in.

Another morale sapping selection from MP.

Boufal was very good at West Brom the other week, and has subsequently been dropped from the starting lineup since.

Redmond offers extremely little, would rather have Sims in.

Another morale sapping selection from MP.

According to some sources Boufal is carrying a knock so this may be the basis for him being on the bench

I’m pleased that he’s only gone for two DMs in Lemina and Romeu, against a side that sat back against us last time. I’d prefer to see a Hoj / Lemina pairing though, and it seems a little harsh on Hoj to see him on the bench.

Redmond must have shown a significant improvement in form and attitude in training to warrant his selection. I hope Pellegrino knows what he’s doing there.

I understand Boufal not starting if he’s been nursing an injury and is not fully fit.

feel. sorry for redmond when he is stuck out on the left

Him on the right and Tadic on the left getting quick balls into the box would be a lot more threatening. As it is, they have to constantly cut back meaning our striker usually has their back to goal by the time the ball actually comes in.

So, Redmond on the left and Tadic on the right?

If so, it really shows that Pellegrino has learnt nothing from when he arrived. It’s like he has ignored the fact that our results have been a bit better (emphasis on ‘a bit’) in the past few weeks and he can’t wait to get back to his preferred personnel/formation.