Problems with commentary on the Saints website...

The Saint

Along with many others I often listen to the Radio Solent commentary on the OS site when I can't get a stream, but a few times this season it's not been working.

I emailed them on Saturday as it was down again. I ended up listening to the awful Five Live commentary where it seemed that WBA were the only team on the pitch...!

Anyway, I received this reply first thing this morning from the Supporter Relations dept.

Good to know they are aware of the problem are trying to fix it...

---------------

Thank you for taking the time to send us your E Mail.

We are sorry to hear that you were unable to access our Live Commentary service for this past weekend’s F.A. Cup fixture with West Bromwich Albion.

The issue was a ‘knock on’ from a previous fault. Our colleagues had implemented a fix and the issue was rectified, however upon extremely heavy traffic through our servers on matchday, the configuration on our front end was ‘broken’.

At this moment in time we can only apologise and we will be running full end-to-end tests this week to ensure it is back up and running, before our next away fixture with Burnley.

We hope this clarifies the issue, and once again, please accept our apologies and rest assured we are doing everything we can to make sure this issue to corrected a.s.a.p.

Kind Regards

--------------

Along with many others I often listen to the Radio Solent commentary on the OS site when I can't get a stream, but a few times this season it's not been working.

I emailed them on Saturday as it was down again. I ended up listening to the awful Five Live commentary where it seemed that WBA were the only team on the pitch...!

Anyway, I received this reply first thing this morning from the Supporter Relations dept.

Good to know they are aware of the problem are trying to fix it...

---------------

Thank you for taking the time to send us your E Mail.

We are sorry to hear that you were unable to access our Live Commentary service for this past weekend’s F.A. Cup fixture with West Bromwich Albion.

The issue was a ‘knock on’ from a previous fault. Our colleagues had implemented a fix and the issue was rectified, however upon extremely heavy traffic through our servers on matchday, the configuration on our front end was ‘broken’.

At this moment in time we can only apologise and we will be running full end-to-end tests this week to ensure it is back up and running, before our next away fixture with Burnley.

We hope this clarifies the issue, and once again, please accept our apologies and rest assured we are doing everything we can to make sure this issue to corrected a.s.a.p.

Kind Regards

--------------

For me it doesn't work in Chrome, just internet explorer. A rarity for sure.

That's strange, it normally works better in Chrome for me.

Gremlins..!!

The Five Live commentary was a disgrace. Not only biased but a complete monotone the whole game.

If it hadn't been Saints, I'd have fallen asleep..

Edited by The Saint

I had problems with the BBC highlights. The commentary had some sort of interference so that the voice was twisted up in pitch and took on a sort of shrill, childlike quality that, frankly, was out of keeping with the football and soured the overall quality quite dramatically.

I had problems with the BBC highlights. The commentary had some sort of interference so that the voice was twisted up in pitch and took on a sort of shrill, childlike quality that, frankly, was out of keeping with the football and soured the overall quality quite dramatically.

I had the very same experience. I am now scarred for life and wonder what happened after the first few minutes as I will no longer go near anything resembling a television. I would say I avoid 'news' sites too, but I think that that as an entity was pushed out of existence circa 1992.

Robbie Savage?

• 10 months later...

Will be driving home from Yorkshire during the match tomorrow and was thinking of signing up to the online radio commentarty. Never used the service before.

Can't find any details on the mobile browser to sign up / cost am I missing something??