Dear Ryan Bertrand....

supersonic

I'm sorry that Saturday's match inconvenienced your weekend where you quite clearly had plans which didn't involve playing football.

Despite being one of the more senior and highest paid players at the club, it seems you still can't motivate yourself to do the job millions of kids would die for.

Thanks, also, for walking straight down the tunnel at the end of the game without even acknowledging the existence of the fans who travelled 250 miles to support the team that you were given the Captaincy for.

I hope in the summer, whatever happens, you get what you want and leave the club, it's attitudes like yours that have got us in this position. Even though you don't want to be here, you're here until the summer so perhaps try a little? Thanks.

Honourable mentions: Gabbi.

Can't see why you capitalised 'captaincy'. Can't see the point in this either. I did think it was so stupid I had to comment, however. I also see no reason why 'the fans' should be 'acknowledged'. They will go come what may and have done so and will continue to do so years either side of Bertrand's tenure at the club. I'd also question why some think he wasn't interested in winning the game and would point to his goal-line clearance as evidence that he did.

As for Gabbi, he seems to have been mucked around quite a bit so I can understand why he'd reached the end of his tether. Most of our forward line must feel like that at some time given the team's desire to continue to pass backwards when they reach the edge of the opposition's area as though they'd been told to do that by the manager.

i mean who really gives a **** anymore.

I cannot think of one player who would not off at the first opportunity and who can blame them?

We're not building for the future, we have no desire to win anything. It is just about staying in the promised land.

Has been since Cortese left the building.

I agree about Gabbi that really was zero effort. But Bertrand's goal line clearance was really quite brilliant and ensured we won the match. That's more important than a brief clapping of hands whilst looking in our general direction.

Why do 'supporters' keep attacking our own players? No wonder so many weant to leave. Mane and Wanyama were rubbished on this forum, noe people wish they hadn't left. It will be the same with Bertrand. We think we have had a troubled season, what do you think the players feel? Muchj worse for sure and if they were smiling and laughing and waving they would be criticised for that.

i mean who really gives a **** anymore.

I cannot think of one player who would not off at the first opportunity and who can blame them?

We're not building for the future, we have no desire to win anything. It is just about staying in the promised land.

Has been since Cortese left the building.

Sadly Nick, I think your right

Why do 'supporters' keep attacking our own players?

I have often thought the same but I don't have a any idea it would be interested if Posters like SKD above and Batman could explain their whinging whining attitude because the best players and coaches don't see playing for Saints as a fantastic idea.

Most new players seem to be rubbish after a couple of games despite being internationals .

So I don't understand why they bother to be involved with SFC if they think most players coaches and management are ****.

I realise the squad is not full of top class players and the manager is unproven but hope in every game we play we win but that cannot happen and sometimes we get into a run of really bad results but eventually things will get better and things will improve like they have done before

I have often thought the same but I don't have a any idea it would be interested if Posters like SKD above and Batman could explain their whinging whining attitude because the best players and coaches don't see playing for Saints as a fantastic idea.

Most new players seem to be rubbish after a couple of games despite being internationals .

So I don't understand why they bother to be involved with SFC if they think most players coaches and management are ****.

I realise the squad is not full of top class players and the manager is unproven but hope in every game we play we win but that cannot happen and sometimes we get into a run of really bad results but eventually things will get better and things will improve like they have done before

what does commenting about player on here do?

does it equate to hate-filled bile spewed from the Northam?

Dear Mr Bertrand, I would just like to remind you that you where pretty s**t before you joined the Saints and were not able to settle at a club or hold down a place at a top 6 club. When you joined us you were looking forward to playing regularly and able to settle down. The least you could do is appreciate the fans that support you and show some appreciation to the club that improved you as a player. You might want to glance an eye at the careers of other players that thought the grass was greener at a bigger club such as Clyne, Schnederlin, Shaw, Wanyama, Chambers, Oxlade - chamberlain.

Yours sincerley

An unhappy Fan

Dear Mr Bertrand, I would just like to remind you that you where pretty s**t before you joined the Saints and were not able to settle at a club or hold down a place at a top 6 club. When you joined us you were looking forward to playing regularly and able to settle down. The least you could do is appreciate the fans that support you and show some appreciation to the club that improved you as a player. You might want to glance an eye at the careers of other players that thought the grass was greener at a bigger club such as Clyne, Schnederlin, Shaw, Wanyama, Chambers, Oxlade - chamberlain.

Yours sincerley

An unhappy Fan

He had a Champions league winner medal before joining us!

Did you actually read my post? Haven’t whinged about anything.

Purely stated he wants to leave - fact and that if you were on of the best players in the league I doubt you’d be too happy playing for us, atm.

He’s a fantastic player, way too good for us. He could have easily thrown his toys out the pram when told he couldn’t leave, but didn’t knuckled down and has in the main had another great season.

How about this bit

You thick berk.

So we haven’t been dog sh!t for the last 18 months then?

Take your Red and White hat off and if you were one of the better players in the league, would you be happy playing for us at the moment? No chance.

The only one whinging is the OP, slagging on of our best players off.

Edited by SKD

So we haven’t been dog sh!t for the last 18 months then?

Take your Red and White hat off and if you were one of the better players in the league, would you be happy playing for us at the moment? No chance.

The only one whinging is the OP, slagging on of our best players off.

I responded to you saying you weren't whinging when clearly you were, you are now. Maybe you don't realise you are doing It, do people groan when you walk into a room? Likewise you may feel justified in moaning which is fine, just don't claim you are not.

Very misunderstood man and player. Anyone with any dealings with him would know that. Don't under estimate how much he cares. I think it's telling he's not once asked to leave despite very much being able to and despite seeing everyone else ask. He's very appreciative of what he's got here. Ask yourself who VVD's "Why wouldn't you want to play here?" comment he reportedly said at Anfield was to.

I'm sorry that Saturday's match inconvenienced your weekend where you quite clearly had plans which didn't involve playing football.

Despite being one of the more senior and highest paid players at the club, it seems you still can't motivate yourself to do the job millions of kids would die for.

Thanks, also, for walking straight down the tunnel at the end of the game without even acknowledging the existence of the fans who travelled 250 miles to support the team that you were given the Captaincy for.

I hope in the summer, whatever happens, you get what you want and leave the club, it's attitudes like yours that have got us in this position. Even though you don't want to be here, you're here until the summer so perhaps try a little? Thanks.

Bizarre thread. Easily one of our best players at the moment and trying every game.

He's a human being - sometimes you're just having a crap day, and you're not in the mood. I'm like that all the time. In fact, I hate people, generally. Maybe he's the same?

One of our best players though. I've got plenty of time for him.

Get over yourself.

He did look out of sorts earlier in the season, and didn't seem to be busting a gut to get forward . I'm not sure whether that was because he was under instruction to hold back. He seems to me to be playing a lot better over last couple of months , and much better at getting forward - which is key to this team having any effective threat ( like his assist for the goal against Spurs). We need him to play well through to the end of the season. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a move in the Summer - everyone else of his quality and length of service has got their move.

• 1 month later...
Bertrand is another who has been pathetic since not getting his move. I get why he'd be annoyed when we let others go, he's losing time to get back to a top club and he's given us a lot...

With 20 premier league clubs with big money needing squads of 25, they'll all get their moves unfortunately.

Edited a little but nail on head. I was shot down in flames at the time for criticising the club for holding onto van dijk. With his treatment as a precedent, it was obvious that the likes of Bertrand would have seen their chances of a move as slim had we stayed up. Relegation will suit a number of the players sadly.