Next FA Cup victim thread - Wigan v Man City

CB Fry

Positive thinking - an embarrassing defeat to Wigan would surely see Pellegrino get the sack?!

TBF it would be wayyyyyyy too late for any change to make an impact! we'd be well into march.

On the flip side, it could spur the board in to action. Ralph might look at the fixtures, clear the 5 pledges from his desk, and realise that any new manager could be offered a realistic shot at a up final.

Speaking of which, what are the rules regarding euro places? Does it go to runner up, or revert to league position? Because that could seriously impact the board position on the manager. The chance to turn a disastrous relegation bound season into a campaign to secure european football via the worlds oldest cup competition might be the only thing besides fan pressure that could shift pellegrino, and hand them a winning PR motive for breaking them out of their current mindset.

Positive thinking - an embarrassing defeat to Wigan would surely see Pellegrino get the sack?!
Given the teams they have already beaten, it would be no embarrassment whatsoever. In fact they'll probably start as favourites.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

On the flip side, it could spur the board in to action. Ralph might look at the fixtures, clear the 5 pledges from his desk, and realise that any new manager could be offered a realistic shot at a up final.

Speaking of which, what are the rules regarding euro places? Does it go to runner up, or revert to league position? Because that could seriously impact the board position on the manager. The chance to turn a disastrous relegation bound season into a campaign to secure european football via the worlds oldest cup competition might be the only thing besides fan pressure that could shift pellegrino, and hand them a winning PR motive for breaking them out of their current mindset.

No Europa League place for the runners up anymore.

Only the winner gets a European place. If the winner has already qualified for Europe, it goes to the 7th placed league team.

I wish; most of us wish - but it's wishful thinking, isn't it?

What is up with some of you lot? We are Wigan away from the semis at Wembley and then who knows? It's been a rubbish season but this is a lovely distraction.

We'll get the whole end behind the goal like City did, about 4000 I think.

That result tonight may actually help Saints season, it will give our players a real boost knowing that they have more of a chance of reaching a semi final at Wembley. HOPEFULLY we can get a few positive results in the league before the Wigan game. Wigan will be more adventurous against us and that will actually help us i believe.

wigan played well, but absolutely no reason why we can't win if we play our best. I was at bramell lane in 2014, so know only too well how to **** up a great opportunity in the cup, but right now prefer to think positively. We have a better chance of winning the cup now than we did before tonight. Happy days.

wigan played well, but absolutely no reason why we can't win if we play our best. I was at bramell lane in 2014, so know only too well how to **** up a great opportunity in the cup, but right now prefer to think positively. We have a better chance of winning the cup now than we did before tonight. Happy days.
As was I. Christ we were dogsh*t that day.