Next FA Cup victim thread - Wigan v Man City

CB Fry

Chances of this being on the weekend? Be ****e if they stick it Friday or Monday but it'll be on the BBC (probably) and they seem to have a habit of it.

Someone pointed out earlier on one of the threads that Wigan have a game midweek,having looked on BBC they are away to Bradford on March 14th. Not sure how flexible their existing league fixture will be if they did want to change it. Hoping this rules out the Friday fixture

That result tonight may actually help Saints season, it will give our players a real boost knowing that they have more of a chance of reaching a semi final at Wembley. HOPEFULLY we can get a few positive results in the league before the Wigan game. Wigan will be more adventurous against us and that will actually help us i believe.

You do realise the clown in charge fears winning?

Most people i've seen on social media are assuming we'll lost it to be honest

Of course they are no one has any confidence in the players or manager at the moment. Wigan (who have already beaten 3 PL sides at home in the cup) away, seems like a nailed on loss, to already low on confidence saints fans. Wigan will be up for it, used to winning most weeks, at home, crowd behind them, full of confidence and with 10 men behind the ball saints will fold like a pack of cards.

Edited by doddisalegend

We're the underdogs against Wigan so hopefully a cupset is on the cards! :)

Seriously I watched most of the second half of that game, and the missus and I both screamed when Grigg scored. A very solid defensive performance from Wigan. I wonder whether the chairman would rather have had a replay for the money at the Etihad, but I'm sure everyone is glad they got through, and now they get to face us instead!

Yes it's a banana skin, but I'd much rather be playing Wigan than City to get into the semi-final.

Currently listed as being march 18th. I take it that's likely to change?

They are all listed as Saturday 17th at the moment but will change once tv picks are done next couple of days. Most likely be Sunday I reckon

If they can put out of their heads that they're playing probably their easiest game in the cup so far they'll be firm favourites but complacency could be Wigan's biggest danger :p

Right now I'm struggling to shake Sheff Utd away in the League Cup quarters from my mind but we have to be happy with this. I would think they'll be big demand for these tickets and good price, they were cheap last night for a glamour local derby but still didn't come close to a sellout, so should be cheap again.

Wigan beat Bournemouth, West Spam and Man City without conceding a goal. Can miracles happen and Saints score?

Nailed on penalty shoot out. Wigan will have their entire team camped out in their own half and MoPe will get saints to "control" the game by playing it around between the two CBs for the whole game.

Fifth round - WBA away

Qtr final - unexpected opposition from Third Division(L1).

1976 all over again.

Wern’t Bradford Fourth Division at the time? What about Semis, Division three, opposition with. Fedora wearing wanabee pop star manager? Who could play that role this time?

Edited by Saint Without a Halo

My thoughts on the when the game will be….

United and Chelsea are both in the Champions league on the previous Tuesday and Wednesday so the FA will not want to give them the Friday. I’d expect them to get the Sunday and Monday slots meaning only Friday or Saturday is free for us. (Also it's the Wigan Half Marathon on the Sunday so will the local police object to it being that day?)

Pompey are playing away to Oldham on the Saturday. Will the police really want both sets of supporters meeting in services on the M6? Probably not which will rule out the Saturday so that moves us to the Friday night game. (There’s still time to move Wigan’s game against Bradford to the previous Tuesday.)

So my educated guess is we’ll be playing on the Friday night.