U23s

Give it to Ron

Didn't we put six past this Newcastle rabble earlier in the season?

Don't think we're anything special - Sims, Hesketh and Obafemi might make the grade, few others - but Newcastle are hopeless.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

**** me. Another joy killer.

Good to see. Not long ago there were plenty of grumbles about how poor our youngsters were. Since then the U23's have been on great form and the U18's seem to win every week.

Not sure you can say the u23s have been on great form. OK, won last 2, but 2 out of 4 before that this year., clearly improving from a very low base. The u18s have been good and thats been for quite a while now (since Danny Butterfield came in).

Good to see. Not long ago there were plenty of grumbles about how poor our youngsters were. Since then the U23's have been on great form and the U18's seem to win every week.

The turn in form and results has been since Rowthorn has been back in the starting XI. He protects the back 4 and allows the likes of Slattery and Hesketh to get forward without leaving gaping holes. I hope the club are beginning to take notice.

Didn't we put six past this Newcastle rabble earlier in the season?

Don't think we're anything special - Sims, Hesketh and Obafemi might make the grade, few others - but Newcastle are hopeless.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Are you Alpine in disguise....? Finding misery in a 5-1 victory...not sure why you 'follow' Saints - for obvious reasons I avoid the word 'support'!

The turn in form and results has been since Rowthorn has been back in the starting XI. He protects the back 4 and allows the likes of Slattery and Hesketh to get forward without leaving gaping holes. I hope the club are beginning to take notice.

There's certainly been a change in their form recently. The front 4 are very impressive at the moment & I imagine will cause most sides problems.

Hope he continues to influence the trend, mate.

Good to see them continue with Obafemi up to too.

Just seen the highlights and Hesketh looks promising again.

That’s what I call a proper no 10 that makes things happen without hogging the ball.

He may have the talent, but he is made of glass it seems - always injured. I can't see him making it to be honest. I do not understand why these slightly built youngsters are always getting injured, when in the old days people like Stevie Williams (who was hardly a colossus in terms of physique) barely missed a game, even with people like Souness trying to kick him up hill and down dale at every opportunity. Something wrong these days. And before anyone says the game is much quicker nowadays, the one-touch football of the Lawrie Mac era was pretty quick. Much quicker than the dross the current clown of a manager orchestrates.