Cup win and relegation or PL Survival

SKD

Hypothetical and of course everyone would want us to win the cup and survive, but if you had to choose, what would it be?

Difficult one for me. Ask me in the early rounds I would have said survival, as I know what being in the PL means to the club. Ask me now, when we have a very good chance of making at least the semi final and I'd say cup.

Edited by SKD

Following saints for too many years to remember. The best games have always been the cup finals / semi finals.

Would happily take an FA cup win and relegation. We would probably come back (hopefully in my lifetime) and I have seen enough garbage prem games to fill a lifetime.

I want to see a Saints captain to lift a meaningful cup and then get battered after celebrating.

Cup win, all day long. This is our best chance in years.

We have a good chance of promotion next season, if that is needed.

Is it? Still very likely we'd have to play one of the big 6 in the semi final and arguably this is the worse we've been in years.

Main attraction for me is the chance to play in Europe again, if that means a couple of years in the championship then so be it as I can't see us getting the chance to qualify for it again any time soon.

Hypothetical and of course everyone would want us to win the cup and survive, but if you had to choose, what would it be?

Difficult one for me. Ask me in the early rounds I would have said survival, as I know what being in the PL means to the club. Ask me now, when we have a very good chance of making at least the semi final and I'd say cup.

Survival without question. Millions of pounds, world stage recognition, bigger home gates and continuing club growth. Cup win is great but second tier football is not.

Depends whether the question is about the ultimate outcome or the effort/focus. If you could guarantee an FA Cup win at the expense of PL status, I'd take it. But that doesn't mean I think we should prioritise the fixtures over the league or let it be a distraction.

Survival without question. Millions of pounds, world stage recognition, bigger home gates and continuing club growth. Cup win is great but second tier football is not.

Who cares about that at the expense of a memorable experience and once in a lifetime moment of glory? Isn't that missing the point of sport? May as well go and support Barclays Bank or General Electric.

Knew this would be asked at some point. A few years ago I'd have said definite PL survival but now, having grown a bit bored of the PL, I'd edge more towards the cup. Problem is though, playing in the Europa League AND all the domestic competitions would cripple us.

Given the teams left in (and how completley **** we are) there is almost zero chance of us winning the cup... so lets nip that false hope in the bud right now.

However, given the question. The answer is 100% cup win and relegation >>>>> survival. And that is a fact. The only thing better than the last 10 years would be having won the fa cup at the start of it.

Just to keep the growing band of bellends happy in their negativity I’m going for:

- final defeat in the 97th minute of added on time that should never have been

- relegation on goal difference after Watford punch another 1 over the line

- Gao has planning permission granted for retirement flats on SMS in June

- Kat invests in her spiritual home of Pompey

given my age and the fact I am a 'young supporter', I have seen relegations, promotions, point deductions, Europa League- but a major trophy win I have not.

I would take this FA Cup win coupled with relegation all day long. Also offers another stab at Europa League!

HOWEVER, given the teams left in the tournament still, it is still a very tall order and I don't think Wigan away will be as easy as the bookies and others might make it out to be!

Cup win allday long. I then would sack the manager remove most of the board get in a young English manager with a bit of passion clear-out the overpaid deadwood. I would use players like Austin, Ward Prowse, Stephens, Hoijberg. Also bed in and play youth prospects like Mcqueen, Sims, Hesketh, Seager, Olomola, Sam G. I would spend a little bit of dosh and get in a few young prospects that will help push us out the championship but essentially would gut most of the team and would sell the following.

Long

Gabbadini

Soares

Bertrand

Fraser F

Hoedt

Tadic

Boufal

Redmond

Davis

Think how much fun we all had winning the JPT! The FA Cup would be a whole new level, and in some ways it's even better this time round because it's kind of crept up on us.

I am still worried that the management and players haven't grasped the seriousness of the league position. If they can get it in their heads that 17th will do this year, then we can re-assess in the summer. No-one needs to be proud about finishing 17th, it's just what we need to do this season.

Hypothetical and of course everyone would want us to win the cup and survive,

Lol, when people posted they wanted a decent cup run, these are the exact words you wrote in response.

“I can honestly say this is the first game I’ve ever attended where I wanted Saints to lose”.

No doubt you’ll quickly be rewriting that one when you’re at Wembley cheering us on. Loyal support through thick and thin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk