One defeat in eight league and cup games

Maggie May

It's plainly weird that's for sure as we seem to be under siege for large parts of most matches and in need of more than a few slices of luck each time to keep the ball out of our net. Yet, here we are rapidly earning the tag 'hard to beat'. Eleven more points will not save us sadly.

As plain bad as our defending has been it seems most sides including Spurs are not very good at converting possession into goals when faced with our massed ranks of red & white jerseys

Putting aside the quality of opposition (and the Liverpool game) we have definitely improved since Boxing Day in a few subtle ways, more by luck than judgement I daresay, and we have started to fight a bit more and last for 95 minutes, which augers well for the next 2 months

Three of our four wins were cup games. Otherwise too many draws.

I think a relevant factor in the slow improvement and making of needed changes - Forster and Redmond out, Hojbjerg in - may well be attributed to Kelvin Davis.

MP keeps talking about improvement. I think the squad and performances have improved, but despite him rather than because of him. By far and away, he is the one in greatest need of improvement.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

We have a good squad, but we're not a good team. We could be a very good team! Included in those games are a home draw against Brighton (one of the worst Premier League teams I have ever witnessed), a Watford team on the floor, the Tottenham game where they scored an own goal to get us a draw and an utter humiliation against an under par Liverpool. Not only that, but we're in the bottom three with one of our best squads in years in terms of depth. I have said this before, but our bench would get into the first teams of most of the teams we have played since boxing day. Put Sean Dyche in charge of our team and we'd be about 7th. So no, he doesn't deserve any credit. The only reason why we're in the bottom three is due to tactics, team selection and game management. All the responsibility of the manager. I'm behind the team all the way, but they're playing with the equivalent of a lead weight around their necks with Pellegrino.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

One of our biggest problems is confidence or rather an absence of it. Lack of goals (even with a tonne of chances) = sitting back = more pressure on the defence = painful defeats. As the pundits are keen to say, we play some good stuff - we do but with no end product.

I am not convinced with the manager but I am not convinced that changing the manager will solve that issue.

Not enough credit?! We’ve beaten the worst team in the league twice by a single goal and everything is rosy? How quickly some people forget the shambles of a second half against Liverpool, that starting line up and tactics against Brighton and the capitulation against Palace.

Our last two managers have done the opposite of polishing a turd.

Koeman polished the turd nicely, got it mostly gold and shiny. Puel came along, started polishing it badly and some brown started to show through. Pellegrino saw that brown, thought it was chocolate and kept polishing, eventually revealing a whole heap of shyte. There's still a tiny bit of gold there, we have to hope Pellegrino stops polishing it and that little bit of gold shines through for the rest of the season.

Winning is a habit, let's hope going undefeated is too. After all 11 points from 11 games would see us safe and undefeated sees us win the cup. Hypothetically.

Can you imagine if this clown somehow finds a way to win us the FA Cup?!

Chances are we will need to beat 2 of Utd, Chelsea or Spurs to win it. Therefore if we did somehow win our second trophy in 100+ years I think he'd have done a remarkable job. He would have my respect and gratitude until my dying day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chances are we will need to beat 2 of Utd, Chelsea or Spurs to win it. Therefore if we did somehow win our second trophy in 100+ years I think he'd have done a remarkable job. He would have my respect and gratitude until my dying day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technically we could have two draws and go through on penalties but only a pedant would bother to point that out.

If he kept us up narrowly and won the FA Cup he’d be able to avoid being classed as our worst ever manager. But he should still get a gentle boot because he is simply not good enough, the tune he’s got out of this group of players is an utter disgrace.

If he kept us up narrowly and won the FA Cup he’d be able to avoid being classed as our worst ever manager. But he should still get a gentle boot because he is simply not good enough, the tune he’s got out of this group of players is an utter disgrace.

Don’t talk rubbish.

After sacking Puel for finishing 8th and losing in a cup final,to then go on and sack the second manager to have won something in 100+ years, would make us look absolutely ridiculous.

**** me, if it was 1976 you’d probably call for Lawrie to be sacked for not getting promotion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don’t talk rubbish.

After sacking Puel for finishing 8th and losing in a cup final,to then go on and sack the second manager to have won something in 100+ years, would make us look absolutely ridiculous.

**** me, if it was 1976 you’d probably call for Lawrie to be sacked for not getting promotion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Calm down, we are not going to win the cup. I doubt we will even beat Wigan

There has been a bit of an improvement but the most worrying thing for me is that our only wins have come against really poor opposition and only the Everton win was convincing, all the others we seemed to be hanging on by the skin of our teeth.

Saturday will be a good test of where we are. Burnley are out of form and in that mid table comfort zone so we should be looking to get 3 points.

There has been a bit of an improvement but the most worrying thing for me is that our only wins have come against really poor opposition and only the Everton win was convincing, all the others we seemed to be hanging on by the skin of our teeth.

Saturday will be a good test of where we are. Burnley are out of form and in that mid table comfort zone so we should be looking to get 3 points.

correct. this stat below says it all.

- The average position of teams at the start of the day beaten by Southampton this season is 17.4, the lowest in the Premier League.

We have a squad featuring McC, Bertrand, Cedric, Hoedt, Hojbjerg, Romeu, Lemina, Tadic, Gabbi, Yoshida and JWP and we're in the relegation zone. The rest may be average at best but f**k me, that squad should be top half.

Yoshida!!!

Not really good enough to get into the defence of any top half side IMHO.