Burnley 1 Saints 1 - Match & Reactions Thread

St Chalet

If we were playing against Everton or a bigger named team who were where Burnley in the table, the comments would not be so negative. We are away against a tam a lot higher in the league, and so 0-0 is not too bad at present. Personally I don't care how bad we are if we nick 1 or 3 points (like they did to us)

The manager must have got a bit afraid of the recent winning and has changed the team and tactics accordingly. The players have been useless but they must be stunned and confused by the constant changing of things that are actually working.

We weren’t much better against West Brom in my opinion. Difference was West Brom are dire defensively currently and gifted us 2 goals.

I think it was John Lennon who said "life is what happens while you're making other plans."

I think a more appropriate quote would be "life is what happens while you're waiting for Southampton to play well or score a goal"

He also said “you don’t know what you’ve got until you lose it”

Aint that the truth !

At least we're in the game. However Bertrand/Cedric not playing that well, so we're camped inside our half and under pressure. Hoedt/Stephens coping well but can sense a mistake isn't far away. Romeu looks clumsy, Lemina classy, Carillo has had no service. Tadic had a decent shot but sloppy in possesion, Redmond slows us down on the left, keeps cutting in and not doing anything.

Burnley - limited but not having to break a sweat to look the more dominant team.

What a bore-fest! We've not really been under that much pressure, but neither have we exerted that much pressure on them either. Our only real chance via Tadic, who has not done much else. Redmond is Redmond. Makes the wrong choices often and doesn't really offer much threat, especially playing alonside Bertrand on the left, when Tadic has often formed an understanding with Bertrand and looks hopeless instead. Bring on Hojbjerg for either Redmond or Ward-Prowse to take control of the midfield. Bring on Simms for the other one to increase the forward momentum and provide some support for Carillo, who has been totally isolated up top.

A typically inept team choice and tactics from the Argie clown once again. We do have a chance of scoring against Burnley and sneaking the win, but then again, they have every chance of winning too as things are.

If we were playing against Everton or a bigger named team who were where Burnley in the table, the comments would not be so negative. We are away against a tam a lot higher in the league, and so 0-0 is not too bad at present. Personally I don't care how bad we are if we nick 1 or 3 points (like they did to us)

,,,,, a team that has lost 5 of its last 6 and drawn the other.

i feel like carrillo is how i would play as a footballer at the top level.

run around like a headless chicken chasing the ball.

no pace, not strong enough to win a header, haven't seen anything to suggest the guy can shoot, poor feet to even beat a man.

a lucky assist against west brom last week doesn't do enough.