Burnley 1 Saints 1 - Match & Reactions Thread

St Chalet

Redmond to Sims, nice far post delivery from Sims to Carrillo who plays the ball to Gabbiadini, who looks to have practiced a little bit of the dark arts to get to the ball ahead of the Burnley defender and smash it in from close range.

Dyche is apparently rather grumpy that the referee let the goal stand.

today, Pellegrino ineptitude was on full show.

Just watch sims start the next game on the left

decent point but why did he wait till. we were losing to go for it

he is a Disgrace

harsh on Burnley but we have hid it against us

By left I assume you mean left on the bench?

We needed to go there & get a point, especially given other results. Not a particularly good display. Hopefully Gabbi will go on a run now.

Still really not a fan of Carrillo but if he is to play we need someone else like Gabbi in and around the average lump.

Sims nice and bright, not a afraid to have a go too. Hopefully he's involved more. Would love to see Hesketh in too.

Sims and Gabbi need to start games and Tadic and Redmond need to be benched

In general I agree, but it sounds like you're hinting that Redmond was awful today. I don't think he was, certainly no more than the average Saints player. I would prefer to see Sims or Boufal play instead of him because I think they are more unpredictable and direct, but I won't be slagging off Redmond for his performance today. It was even his calmness following the Madley clothes-line that started the move for the goal.

What an absolute shambles of a game. Team set up incorrectly from the off. Redmond starting AND finishing the game...why? I’ll tell you why....because England management were there to watch him (although fook knows why...he is Shiiite). This was a clear indication that this manager has no idea how to coach an attacking side and no idea how to tactically out smart his opposition. I still maintain we will go down with this clown in place, but I also maintain that Krueger and Reed will not act...spineless, clueless muppets. Rant over.

Never want Saints to lose, and in the final shake up this point might prove to be crucial - but it just feels like dragging out the inevitable.

At least if we'd lost, the board MIGHT have finally done something about the feckless imposter of a manager. But not now. And so the failing regime struggles on for another week.

Pleased for Gabbiadini. He's a far better player than we've given him a platform to showcase. He must watch Shane Long and now Guido Carrillo starting games over him and wonder what the hell happened to his career.

Josh Sims should play every week now he's fit. Redmond, Tadic and Boufal have been our biggest underperformers all season - it's time to give the kid a go. Direct, positive, enthusiastic: he's a breath of fresh air among that bunch of rancid chickens.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk