Relegation....how do we prepare as fans?

saint lard

I will be absolutely gutted...we truly had a fantastic opportunity to push on.

I did enjoy the lower leagues,but we were a big fish in a small pool.

It’s all changed now.

I so hope we stay up.

This regime is killing us.

We do not March on...we limp on.

Those days in league one and the Championship were fun.....because I believed we would be back.

This time....no chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think the lower leagues will be such good 'fun' this time around. I think we could really really struggle. Such a shame, if only we had got rid of this clown before Xmas we would be sitting mid table now along with West Ham & Leicester. We have the players afterall

Would be very difficult to follow the club from the States.

i suppose i could still view match stat sheets from the Championship matches and get lucky enough to see them one or twice on TV if they play a PL team in a Cup match.

Most clubs in the football league stream their games for overseas viewers.

I don't think the lower leagues will be such good 'fun' this time around. I think we could really really struggle. Such a shame, if only we had got rid of this clown before Xmas we would be sitting mid table now along with West Ham & Leicester. We have the players afterall

We’re three points behind west ham, hardly mid table security for then is it?!

We’re three points behind west ham, hardly mid table security for then is it?!

I meant Everton lol but you know what I mean. This squad of players should be no where near the bottom 3, compared to the likes of Huddersfield, Brighton, Newcastle, Swansea, West Brom & Watford

For me the league we are in is irrelevant as long as we are doing well and winning more often than not.

Losing every week in the championship would suck but being **** in the PL isn't any fun either is it?

well no but at the end of the day there is only one thing every championship team wants- that is PL promotion.

and I would hate to be a yo-yo club therefore I'd rather attempt to win games in the PL than the Championship.

well no but at the end of the day there is only one thing every championship team wants- that is PL promotion.

and I would hate to be a yo-yo club therefore I'd rather attempt to win games in the PL than the Championship.

On the other hand the championship feels fresh every season. The best teams from the previous season **** off to the PL and new teams come up and down. Most fans in the championship at least feel they have a chance in August while the PL feels like a closed shop right from the off.

I dunno, challenging for the title every other season sounds decent to me. You could just skip buying a season ticket for the prem season too.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

The thread title is like being in the Turkey shed when the farmer walks in and flips the calendar over to December.

trouble is if it happens it's a ***** of a job to hang on if you get back to sit at the top table.

If it happens I'll be more piddled off that we let it slip through our fingers so bloody cheaply.

Has Rickie Lambert got a son at all, or a younger brother?

Mrs JBS said when she saw Rickie and young Sam Gallagher on the pitch at the same time for us “if you didn’t know otherwise you would say theta Father & son out there”

after many years I have learned to pay attention to her observations on footie players.............and that’s no thumb print on my head.

I meant Everton lol but you know what I mean. This squad of players should be no where near the bottom 3, compared to the likes of Huddersfield, Brighton, Newcastle, Swansea, West Brom & Watford

Watford are the 7th best team in this division this season when their manager hasn't had his head turned and they don't have a pile of injuries and suspensions. They stuffed us at St Mary's.

Most of the players will leave if we go down - will be hard to field a team. I wonder if MT is dreaming of playing in the EPL for Fulham next season? No MT and no RB - and that's just in one position. I guess the GK will stay, as will Stephens. Gallagher and Reed will come back no doubt, and I suppose Sims and the other sick note from the U23's will be given a run. As old Harry would say, "we will be down to the bare bones."

COuld still arguably field

McCarthy

NEW Stephens Bednarek McQueen

Hojbjerg Romeu

Redmond JWP Sims

Gallagher

Arguably some of the above would leave, but they'll still be paid decent money, and they'd have to find someone to buy them. On this seasons performance, Romeu won't be going anywhere.

It’s all changed now.

I so hope we stay up.

Those days in league one and the Championship were fun.....because I believed we would be back.

This time....no chance.

It will be difficult, that's for sure.

To answer the question posed, how do we prepare as fans, I have a few things I'll be doing and some suggestions:

1. I will tell my family I love then everyday

2. Some sort of support group is needed. If the club doesn't organise one then we'll have to do it ourselves. Maybe weekly meetings where we can talk about how we feel.

3. A 24hr phone line where people can ring when when they're feeling low. Sometimes the fear of relegation hits people in the middle of the night. A helpline would be a lifeline for these people.

4. More light hearted approach is you could bet on saints going down and bet against us every game, so at least you have some money (could help with transport costs to the help group)

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Winning the FA Cup and finishing mid-table - how do we prepare as fans? Some on here will be disappointed, others upset and angry. It's going to be very hard for many to accept. The bitter disappointment of not losing away to the 7th team in the Premier League is perhaps a foretaste of things to come.

COuld still arguably field

McCarthy

NEW Stephens Bednarek McQueen

Hojbjerg Romeu

Redmond JWP Sims

Gallagher

Arguably some of the above would leave, but they'll still be paid decent money, and they'd have to find someone to buy them. On this seasons performance, Romeu won't be going anywhere.

I think PEH, OR and JWP would all leave because they are too good for the Championship and would not relish a 50% pay cut (if Saints operate on that basis).

It’s all changed now.

I so hope we stay up.

This time....no chance.

At least you have a while to prepare

Start by boycotting all premier league games on TV...that way you will wean off the constant "the premier league is the best league in the world" drivel.

Next start watching the lower leagues games...this will accustom you to the different styles of football on show.

It will also mean you are familiar with the players who are likely to be in our team next season..

Perhaps it will also give you some perspective...it isn't the end of the world! .....Man Up

We realistically need 4 wins from our last ten games, but we’ve only managed 5 from 28.....
We won't need four wins. 3 plenty with the league as it is, plus a couple of draws and thats 38 points.

Not saying that is easy or that we'll do it.

We won't need four wins. 3 plenty with the league as it is, plus a couple of draws and thats 38 points.

Not saying that is easy or that we'll do it.

I would agree three should be enough...not sure we are capable of winning at present though...maybe something will go our way that shouldn't and get us a win....

Just 5 wins..two against west Brom, one each against Palace, Everton and West Ham show just how serious the situation is IMO.

Call me negative but relegation could be a blessing in disguise. Gives us an opportunity to clear out the board, manager and redwood in the squad start bringing back the Southampton way of pressing attacking football, bed in a squad full of youth strengthen adequately across the squad with further youth talent and more importantly get a manager and board with passion and vision.

Sit down with Matron over a nice cup of cocoa with an extra tea spoon of sugar and let her assure you that relegation doesn't mean that Southampton no longer exists as a city, and the football club will carry on, just in a different division for a while until the ghastly owners have gone away.

Call me negative but relegation could be a blessing in disguise. Gives us an opportunity to clear out the board, manager and redwood in the squad start bringing back the Southampton way of pressing attacking football, bed in a squad full of youth strengthen adequately across the squad with further youth talent and more importantly get a manager and board with passion and vision.

That's what some were saying in 2005. Administration and -10 points in League 1. Yes obviously it all worked out well eventually because of Markus, but we could easily have done a Coventry.

It would be a disaster for the club to go down. The colossal loss in revenue is in no way a good thing, I struggle to see how anyone can suggest that it would be a 'blessing in disguise'. :rolleyes: :mcinnes: