Stoke Build Up

ALWAYS_SFC

Nice, although anything otherwise would be taking the p*ss a bit TBH. I know it's the paths etc. and not the pitch which need to be cleared but there's almost 48 hours between yesterday's snowfall and kick off. To not clear a relatively small area of land in that period would be a bit pathetic IMO.

Good effort from all those involved!

February 2001. Cancelled about 90 mins before KO, pitch fine but areas around stadium not so. Finished my pizza and pint then went home. Rescheduled fixture was a Monday(poss Tuesday) night in May. Ended 1-1 super Marian with the late equaliser!

I only remember this because I was in Barbados at the time and I’d walked up to the bar at the other end of the beach to watch it.

Bleeding waste of time that was ;)

I think I'm correct in saying that the winter 62/63, it snowed on Boxing Day and then we were driving around for three months with snow and ice. Football was postponed on a weekly basis.

Yes, remember it well. I was thirteen at the time and living by the sea near Harwich. Our school played football in the winter term and we played no games at all that year. There were lumps of ice floating in the open sea.

League games were cancelled but no schools were ever closed.

Of course the club/prem will say the game is on even is only 500 people turn up . No need to refund tickets reschedule match etc prem get their TV money and FU fans risking life and limb to get there.

WH saying are we supposed to coach to Swansea despite police saying don't travel ???

If we get 3 points OK but we won't be there.

I think I'm correct in saying that the winter 62/63, it snowed on Boxing Day and then we were driving around for three months with snow and ice. Football was postponed on a weekly basis.

Yes. There was still snow lying around in May that year. Many will remember the bitterly cold day at Villa Park when we narrowly lost to Man U in the FA Cup Semi Final then played on a neutral ground not Wembley. No covers over their stands then and I still remember being frozen to the Bs and being so disappointed at the outcom. Much younger of course which makes you more hardy but so many matches were postponed because of the snow.

Snow already melting in Southampton so can't see any problems at all in regards local travel today.

But there might be someone in a rural area in Somerset who will have to set out earlier so absolute madness to not postpone the game.

Two players that looked god awful in the Prem, especially Bamford.

Bamfordis a funny player and definitely potential not fulfilled.

Traore is mentally fast but when he gets it right looks a world beater. Kind of player that looks good to other fans as will only see the highlights but Boro fans less than impressed

That’s not the clubs fault. People have to take responsibility for their own actions. If it’s not safe don’t come.

I was mocking the reasoning of those calling for postponement yesterday.

I was mocking the reasoning of those calling for postponement yesterday.

You summed up why you are a **** you mean.

Its not just roads its rail travel - no trains Weymouth/Bournemouth to Southampton being one.

But as long as you are ok **** anyone else eh ?

You summed up why you are a **** you mean.

Its not just roads its rail travel - no trains Weymouth/Bournemouth to Southampton being one.

But as long as you are ok **** anyone else eh ?

Pretty much yeah but I don’t make the decisions. I am also suffering though as missus won’t give me lift to pub before game so will have to make my own way. We are all on this together

Pretty much yeah but I don’t make the decisions. I am also suffering though as missus won’t give me lift to pub before game so will have to make my own way. We are all on this together

Club didn't worry when I was pretty much 3 miles from Newcastle to have it called off, then rescheduled for a tue night

Stoke's view-on-us on our view-on-them...and it's goodnight from me and goodnight from him.

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/277354/southamptons-view-on

I'm beginning to think this could be the worst game ever witnessed on an English football pitch.

5-5 it is then.

I think it could be the worst thing that has ever and will ever happen.

Stoke's view-on-us on our view-on-them...and it's goodnight from me and goodnight from him.

I'm beginning to think this could be the worst game ever witnessed on an English football pitch.

5-5 it is then.

A couple of decent posts on there esp where they mention pelligrino’s style.

Still 3 points for us today [emoji6]

Club refunding season ticket holders who cannot attend game by offering credit that goes towards next seasons season ticket.

Safe journey to everyone going- the importance of winning today cannot be stressed enough- true 6 pointer

This is one of the Stoke fan's combined XI from us and them. 4 of ours in there, 2 of which most of us wouldn't want anywhere near the starting XI...funny how other people see us!!!

A combined XI would probably be:

Butland

Bauer Shawcross Indi Bertrand

Allen Lemina Badou

Shaqiri Long Redmond

5-5 it is then.

Interesting, they sound as confident as we do.

Difficult to call this one, I think the only difference between us is that we have home advantage but that means nothing this season.

1-1 for me.

Interesting, they sound as confident as we do.

Difficult to call this one, I think the only difference between us is that we have home advantage but that means nothing this season.

1-1 for me.

well second worst home team vs worst away team right iirc!

gonna predict a 2-2 similar to the one we had with Pochettino- the one at SMS where Lambert scored a free kick and Davis scored before Odemwingie somehow got them 2 back.

I think it's clear that Stoke will set up the same way as they did last week away to Leicester - organised, men behind the ball, pressing regularly and hard to break down. We will play into their hands with plenty of possession but going nowhere with it. JWP could break the record for the amount of sideways/backward passes if he starts.

Certainly can't see there being many goals in this. If OAP Crouch scores against us again then it will be a new low this season.

Good to see Sims starting. Would've preferred Redmond dropped over JWP but hey ho, Redmond did OK last weekend. We've got to get at them early, if we can score in the first 15-20 minutes, I think we'll win. The longer it's 0-0, the more chance Stoke will get the points IMO.