Stoke Build Up

ALWAYS_SFC

Just how big is this game?

Absolutely huge. We need every fan roaring us on for this one. And hope beyond hope that A) Pellegrino took note of the positive impact of Sims and Gabbi/Two up front and B) Pellegrino sets us up for something other than a bore draw. A bore win is the minimum, but a draw is too little.

McCarthy

Cedric Stephens Hoedt Bertrand

Sims Lemina PEH Tadic

Gabbiadini Carrillo

Bench: Forster, Pied, Bednarek, Romeu, JWP, Redmond, Boufal

IF not, then for a 4231 variant I would put Boufal over either Carrillo or Gabbiadini and put him in the number 10 role.

just has to be this

they have been worse than us in defence... just put them under big pressure ffs

Logic says so but we never know with this manager.

Sims was our best player and played on the front foot, Gabbiadini got the all important goal so they will both be benched!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We are all agreeing on the team selection - see above.

Just need to decide who is going to be all over Shakira. If we can stop him, that is the key to success.

We stopped him at their gaff, but Crouch scored.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

It's the biggest game of the season, anything other than a win would be a disastrous result. Pellegrino has to make sure we attack right from the start, and the players have to be pumped up and give the fans something to shout about.

0-1 loss.

Ever the optimist !

3 points or bust. Other teams around us picking up points worries me... but this is the biggest 6 pointer we have left. Victory almost condemns them to the relegation battle until the end of the season, and puts us on a "healthy" looking 30 points heading into our next 2 league fixtures of Newcastle and West Ham away. A draw against Stoke, especially at home, simply is not good enough. A loss would be nigh on catastrophic. We need to play an attacking team and really have a go at these.

I shall be spunking a whole **** load of money on Stoke getting something from this game, and i hope I'm a fool parted from my money and Saints win.

My line up...

McC

Cedric

Stephens

Hoedt

Bertrand

Lemina

Romeu

Sims

Tadic

Gabbiadini

Carrillo

Subs: Forster, Bednarek, Pied, Hojbjerg, JWP, Boufal, Long.

No chance though. Redmond seemed to have a decent game today from what I saw, so I think he'll be involved somehow, though if Long is expected to be back for this one I'd rather have him on the bench.

Need to drop Romeu, he’s been terrible all season.

No he hasn't, what do you expect of a Champions League player consigned to playing to the instructions of an idiot in an unfathomable system. The sooner the pathetic Pellegrino badgers off the sooner Oriol will be back on top form.

Stop knocking, you can't come in!