Saman Ghoddos

miserableoldgit

30 odd goals in 170 games (in **** leagues) + 1 international goal

Yep sounds like a Saints signing.........

Unlike you to be economical with the truth in order to bash the club Glasgow.

It's actually 37 goals in 161 (relatively poor level) league appearances; 53 goals in 191 domestic matches + 2 international goals (1 for Sweden (in 2 int apps) and 1 for Iran (in 4 int apps).

Plus, he is more of an attacking midfielder/winger than an out and out striker.

Most likely we will state we are in for him when Promes signs for someone else (like Everton, for example).

Can we not just find another Beattie Rodriguez or Lambert from the lower leagues instead??

I'm with you.

Matej Vydra, Derby - 17 goals, 3 assists

Leon Clarke, Sheff Utd - 15 goals, 3 assists

Jack Marriott, Peterborough - 19 goals, 4 assists

Billy Kee, Accrington - 19 goals, 8 assists

Ade Akinfenwa, Wycombe - 15 goals, 11 assists

Danny Rowe, Fylde, 19 goals, 0 assists

Unlike you to be economical with the truth in order to bash the club Glasgow.

It's actually 37 goals in 161 (relatively poor level) league appearances; 53 goals in 191 domestic matches + 2 international goals (1 for Sweden (in 2 int apps) and 1 for Iran (in 4 int apps).

Plus, he is more of an attacking midfielder/winger than an out and out striker.

Most likely we will state we are in for him when Promes signs for someone else (like Everton, for example).

Whoscored.com reckons that you are now being a little economical with the truth listing his main position (the one he's started 22 games this season) as striker (https://www.whoscored.com/Players/320575/Show/Saman-Ghoddos). Can't say I have any actual knowledge of him baring the odd BT Sport appearance, so you may well be right, but it sounds like another Carrillo to me...And we've already got two of them. Is it too much to ask to look in the German, Portuguese, Spanish leagues for a semi prolific striker?

Whoscored.com reckons that you are now being a little economical with the truth listing his main position (the one he's started 22 games this season) as striker (https://www.whoscored.com/Players/320575/Show/Saman-Ghoddos). Can't say I have any actual knowledge of him baring the odd BT Sport appearance, so you may well be right, but it sounds like another Carrillo to me...And we've already got two of them. Is it too much to ask to look in the German, Portuguese, Spanish leagues for a semi prolific striker?

Even the site you have quoted lists him as an 'Attacking Midfielder (left)' :lol:

I am not saying he is who we should go for, nor that we shouldn't go for better. But he does seem to be more of a Walcott/Promes back-up than another out and out striker.

Also his stats are better than Glasgow was alluding to (surprise, surprise - reducing goals scored, increasing games played, ignoring other matches - including the fact he has scored for two national teams; a feat that not many have ever achieved!) So my dig that Glasgow bends facts/stats purely to have a pop at Saints at every opportunity stands. Which is a shame, because he is capable of being a decent poster.... on some rare occasions.

Name: Saman GhoddosCurrent Team:

Oestersunds FKShirt Number: 93Positions:

• Attacking Midfielder (Left)
  • Forward

Age: 24 years old (03-11-1993)Height: 176cmWeight: 75kgNationality: Iran

Even the site you have quoted lists him as an 'Attacking Midfielder (left)' :lol:

I am not saying he is who we should go for, nor that we shouldn't go for better. But he does seem to be more of a Walcott/Promes back-up than another out and out striker.

Also his stats are better than Glasgow was alluding to (surprise, surprise - reducing goals scored, increasing games played, ignoring other matches - including the fact he has scored for two national teams; a feat that not many have ever achieved!) So my dig that Glasgow bends facts/stats purely to have a pop at Saints at every opportunity stands. Which is a shame, because he is capable of being a decent poster.... on some rare occasions.

Name: Saman GhoddosCurrent Team:

Oestersunds FKShirt Number: 93Positions:

• Attacking Midfielder (Left)
  • Forward

Age: 24 years old (03-11-1993)Height: 176cmWeight: 75kgNationality: Iran

I am well aware what it lists him as. I said 'his main position' and the 'one he's started 22 games as' is CF. You also omitted that it also lists him as a 'forward' from your post. Again, not knowing much about him I await someone of intimate knowledge of Swedish football to shed some light on this. As, if he is mainly a winger/attacking left/right then those stats are pretty decent (what are his assists like), however if they are for a striker (which we need as well as an attacking number 10) then he's just another Carrillo. Bankg average.

I am well aware what it lists him as. I said 'his main position' and the 'one he's started 22 games as' is CF. You also omitted that it also lists him as a 'forward' from your post. Again, not knowing much about him I await someone of intimate knowledge of Swedish football to shed some light on this. As, if he is mainly a winger/attacking left/right then those stats are pretty decent (what are his assists like), however if they are for a striker (which we need as well as an attacking number 10) then he's just another Carrillo. Bankg average.

What is with your obsession for stats?

Roberto Soldado

Vincent Janssen

Ricky van Wolfswinkel

Andreas Cornelius

Jozy Altidore

All had 'stats' that looked prolific in their respective leagues before joining the much tougher PL. stats can be very deceiving.

Why have you written Carrillo off already, despite him being instrumental in our last 2 games (2 assists)? Whilst he is not prolific, If you can't see what he has brought to the team then that proves you are completely deluded. He is the focal point we have been missing all season (other than when Austin, our best striker, has played). He brings our midfield into play with his ability to hold the ball up or win flick ons. He will massivly benefit from having someone like sims playing on the right and someone like Gabbi or Boufal in the 10 who will run off him.

FWIW, I watched Ghoddos against Arsenal and he was pretty impressive (although Arsenal were terrible that day) - quick, good on the ball and pretty direct, from the little I have seen, I'd say he is easily their best player.

Given that he would likely only command a relatively small fee, I think he'd be a good signing, definitely worth the risk (looks like he can play anywhere across the front 3 and would certainly add what we are missing with the ability to play off Carrillo / Austin). I would still much prefer Sisto or Promes, but then again I have seen more of them.

One that could potentially go the way of Boufal and he just may not be suited to the PL.

Edited by SKD

What is with your obsession for stats?

Roberto Soldado

Vincent Janssen

Ricky van Wolfswinkel

Andreas Cornelius

Jozy Altidore

All had 'stats' that looked prolific in their respective leagues before joining the much tougher PL. stats can be very deceiving.

Why have you written Carrillo off already, despite him being instrumental in our last 2 games (2 assists)? Whilst he is not prolific, If you can't see what he has brought to the team then that proves you are completely deluded. He is the focal point we have been missing all season (other than when Austin, our best striker, has played). He brings our midfield into play with his ability to hold the ball up or win flick ons. He will massivly benefit from having someone like sims playing on the right and someone like Gabbi or Boufal in the 10 who will run off him.

FWIW, I watched Ghoddos against Arsenal and he was pretty impressive (although Arsenal were terrible that day) - quick, good on the ball and pretty direct, from the little I have seen, I'd say he is easily their best player.

Given that he would likely only command a relatively small fee, I think he'd be a good signing, definitely worth the risk (looks like he can play anywhere across the front 3 and would certainly add what we are missing with the ability to play off Carrillo / Austin). I would still much prefer Sisto or Promes, but then again I have seen more of them.

One that could potentially go the way of Boufal and he just may not be suited to the PL.

Here he comes, "Lemina could play for anyone"

No obsession but there's a reason why every club in the world, apparently apart from Saints, uses them.

Also, Carrillo was bought in to score goals....His total so far is one assist, and one shank that Tadic turned into an assist. So he's hardly set the world alight. I am just hoping Austin turns up pretty soon.

Edited by Greedyfly

From the Telegraph`s on the Arsenal v Ostersunds FK match:- [h=4]Most influential player[/h]Saman Ghoddos showed why Wenger had referenced him as the most impressive player in the visiting side. Tidy with his feet and with the pace to stretch teams, he was a constant menace

That Wenger quote refers to when they went to a nightclub after the match...

Here he comes, "Lemina could play for anyone"

No obsession but there's a reason why every club in the world, apparently apart from Saints, uses them.

Also, Carrillo was bought in to score goals....His total so far is one assist, and one shank that Tadic turned into an assist. So he's hardly set the world alight. I am just hoping Austin turns up pretty soon.

Let’s get this clear, I said he could play for anyone in the top 6, which IMO he could (maybe other than City), you clearly disagree, that’s your choice.... I put my house on it that he will be sold to a top 6 team (or CL club in Europe) in a couple of years (come back and say sorry later).

Also, The black box is essentially one big stats room, so yes they do use them - the black box will identify a target and then they send scouts to go and watch them play. As I’ve said, dangerous to judge a player on stats alone.. something you don’t appear to recognise.

Was he brought just to score goals? You know this for a fact do you? So are you saying if he sets up/plays a big part in 10 goals from now until the end of the season (likely to keep us up), but doesn’t score any, he’s sh!t..? Delusional if so.

I’d say he was brought in to improve the team and to help us collectively scoring more goals..... I’d say he’s achieving that.

I never said he set the world alight, just that he has improved us and is a much better option than Gabbi or Long as a solo CF. Was he worth £20m on the balance, No, but if he helps keep us up, then without a doubt.

Let’s get this clear, I said he could play for anyone in the top 6, which IMO he could (maybe other than City), you clearly disagree, that’s your choice.... I put my house on it that he will be sold to a top 6 team (or CL club in Europe) in a couple of years (come back and say sorry later).

Also, The black box is essentially one big stats room, so yes they do use them - the black box will identify a target and then they send scouts to go and watch them play. As I’ve said, dangerous to judge a player on stats alone.. something you don’t appear to recognise.

Was he brought just to score goals? You know this for a fact do you? So are you saying if he sets up/plays a big part in 10 goals from now until the end of the season (likely to keep us up), but doesn’t score any, he’s sh!t..? Delusional if so.

I’d say he was brought in to improve the team and to help us collectively scoring more goals..... I’d say he’s achieving that.

I never said he set the world alight, just that he has improved us and is a much better option than Gabbi or Long as a solo CF. Was he worth £20m on the balance, No, but if he helps keep us up, then without a doubt.

And I said that's never going to happen... (you can apologise later). He might MIGHT get a look in at Arsenal, but no one else so until he plays for at least one of the other teams then I'll be apologising for nothing.

I recognise it quite well thank you. And from seeing him play AND comparing it to the stats we already knew - he's bang average...something you can't see. You only have to look at the Carrillo thread to tell you that.

As for scoring more goals...Um. I mean we are still averaging a goal a game, in the league, which hasn't improved since he joined. The Brom games were an anomaly because they are worse than us but that didn't bump things up by any great measure. Also, I mean, I am not the biggest fan of the board at the moment, but are you actually trying to tell me they didn't bring in, someone who has only ever played as an out an out striker, who MoPe himself said was a replacement for Austin, to score goals. Is that the sort of thing you're coming up with now? Bonkers.

And you're right about one thing (I mean a stop watch and all that) that he hasn't set the world alight, he's barely lit a match - waste of money is more accurate. We could have literally signed any, ANY lump and that would have changed our general shape because we could just hit them as an out. Results and performances haven't improved much and had the useless clown in charge just adapted our play just a bit (i.e. attack once in a while would be a start) Gabbi would have been perfectly capable until Austin returned. He didn't, he stuck with the ever useless Long then got his way with some of the VVd money and use it to spend on an old friend. Cracking business Saints.

Edited by Greedyfly

From the Telegraph`s on the Arsenal v Ostersunds FK match:- Most influential player

Saman Ghoddos showed why Wenger had referenced him as the most impressive player in the visiting side. Tidy with his feet and with the pace to stretch teams, he was a constant menace

What’s the point of buying him with all those qualities when any forward endeavour is seemingly being drilled out of the players, Boufal is a Maverick attached to one of those retractable dog leads, off he runs but the retrieve button is not far from the managers finger, Lemina - first sniff of interest from elsewhere, and the door won’t be banging on his backside because the bloke is being suppressed.

I'm with you.

Saw Akinfenwa play against my local non-league side (Solihull Moors) in the FA Cup earlier this season. Without doubt the fattest professional footballer I've ever seen... did some "belly rolls" in front of the home supporters as he left the pitch at half time!

A perfect fit for Saints! :lol:

Saw Akinfenwa play against my local non-league side (Solihull Moors) in the FA Cup earlier this season. Without doubt the fattest professional footballer I've ever seen... did some "belly rolls" in front of the home supporters as he left the pitch at half time!

A perfect fit for Saints! :lol:

Some think we need a WIDE player. Not many wider than Akinfenwa. :)

I'm with you.

Not seen much of the others but Leon Clarke is an awful footballer think a bigger built Brett ormerod only less talented!

I'm with you.

Jack Marriott will be snapped up by someone I think. Seemed to be highly regarded at Ipswich, did well on loan at my home team Woking and now he's banging them in for fun for Peterborough (including enough to knock Woking out of the FA Cup via replay this year :( ). A tidy player.

I'd like to see us go for a more physical presence of a lower league forward though. Someone who will work their socks off for us because they're grateful of the chance. I honestly do think these players exist.