James Beattie - Sports Column

Colinjb

I saw this and thought he'd died.

I got into football the summer after he left so I can only comment on watching goals back but everything I've seen has been great. My dad met him while shopping once, said he was a top bloke. My science teacher went out with him as well, she said he's very cocky but his heart's in the right place and despite being a bit of a "lad" he's ultimately a good bloke.

Fair play to him for keeping up his P*mpey hate after he left us though!

****ing legend. Loved his penalty technique and cupped ear vs Pompey.

My favorite was his free kick against Vialli's (or was it Gullit's) Chelsea in a comeback 3-2 win in 2000.

He was really unlucky with injuries and should have had way more England caps.

Oh and it's his birthday today.

Was with him last week. He is between jobs at present but still living in Harrogate. Finishes his coaching badges in the summer and keen to stay in football

You mean he is an unemployed ex-footballer. No doubt he earned a few bob along the way so should invest some of it in a football related enterprise rather than try to be a coach unless that's what turns him on.

Very creaky headline, he's much too young to have moved on to a higher plane.

Was with him last week. He is between jobs at present but still living in Harrogate. Finishes his coaching badges in the summer and keen to stay in football

he was looking round my kids school in southampton the other day, so assumed he was staying back down here. I thought his missus had a salon in Poole.

A few reasons really, the toxic atmosphere in the dressing room before he left which led to our relegation was led by him and then after he retired, his antics out in town and sone of the things he did at weekends. I'd rather not say any more.
he was a massive bellend in the social parts of soton

I saw this and thought he'd died.

I got into football the summer after he left so I can only comment on watching goals back but everything I've seen has been great. My dad met him while shopping once, said he was a top bloke. My science teacher went out with him as well, she said he's very cocky but his heart's in the right place and despite being a bit of a "lad" he's ultimately a good bloke.

Fair play to him for keeping up his P*mpey hate after he left us though!

Was she hot?

Think you're science teacher might be a little deluded, or has a very long memory. He'd been married to my sister-in-law for the past twelve years, and lived with her for three years before that.

In fairness this is going back quite some time. I left school in 2006 and I think this was about Year 9 or 10. And she was retrospectively at the time. Said she went out with Bridge too.

And no, she wasn't even remotely fit.

In fairness this is going back quite some time. I left school in 2006 and I think this was about Year 9 or 10. And she was retrospectively at the time. Said she went out with Bridge too.

And no, she wasn't even remotely fit.

Something tells me she might have been a little liberal with reality.