Lemina to Liverpool

Heisenberg

Cant say I’m surprised, way to good for us and exactly what they need. Hope Arsenal, Chelsea or City come in for him though!

Also I don’t think he’ll go this year, unless we go down.

Shame we don't have a few more of his talent. The lack of links to other players just shows the quality of our squad.

Does it? :? Just because something hasn't been made public doesn't mean many of our players wouldn't attract the interest of others if made available. You've jumped to conclusions there!

Bertrand, Cedric, Hoedt, Lemina, Romeu, Hojbjerg, Boufal, Ward-Prowse, Tadic & Gabbiadini and a few others would likely be of interest to some good clubs.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Just look on the bright side people. Liverpool have hovered up practically half a team of ex saints but now the saints well is all but dry. Next season (after Bertrand and Lemina are sold to them this summer) we will be in the championship and Liverpool will stop raiding us every summer and move on to a new PL minnow to molest.....every cloud

Where is that stats wally arguing he’s not good enough for top 6 :lol:

Haha here he comes, knew you'd be creaming yourself at this non news. He hasn't gone anywhere yet and it's the Mail, and only because he's the only player in our squad, apart from Bertrand, who would attract a fee. Hence the non link.

But here's the thing (and you struggle with basic things such as facts so I am sure I'll have to repeat myself), one he wouldn't go to 'any top 6 side', two he's only a possibility because they are selling Can (who he wouldn't oust in their current side), three, I said Arsenal and possibly Liverpool's bench because they have low quality backups, however, it remains to seen if he'd get a sniff ahead of Wijnaldum and 4 he hasn't gone anywhere.

You go back to your funny juice, head in the sand belief though that we have the bestest squad outside the top 7. Which is precisely why we are in the bottom 5. Div.

Edited by Greedyfly

As ever, if the interest is serious then it will happen.

Hard to really get too bothered by individual players these days as anyone good leaves.

It just becomes a bit hard to stomach when we continually get bent over the car bonnet by the same self-pitying and entitlement-delusioned club. It's becoming a standing PL joke.

It just becomes a bit hard to stomach when we continually get bent over the car bonnet by the same self-pitying and entitlement-delusioned club. It's becoming a standing PL joke.

Maybe, but the problem runs deeper and the PL seems more than happy with it, not that they can do much about it. We pay say £75-100k max. Liverpool pay twice that. That is all you have to really look at. Player knows he can earn more elsewhere, and he's off in a flash if he can. If he can't then he can mope about until he gets the move rather than the whole team suffer from the negativity.

Maybe, but the problem runs deeper and the PL seems more than happy with it, not that they can do much about it. We pay say £75-100k max. Liverpool pay twice that. That is all you have to really look at. Player knows he can earn more elsewhere, and he's off in a flash if he can. If he can't then he can mope about until he gets the move rather than the whole team suffer from the negativity.

Don't disagree with you for a second. The PL has become rather unpalatable overall becoming a millionaires playground. Until either a salary cap or a draft system is introduced, neither of which I believe the FA can do, I think it will become unsustainable and the bottom will drop out, at which point, given our financial management, we should become one of the more stable clubs. Until then, it's scraps from the table.

Selling a defender for a world record £75m fee to one of the world's richest clubs is not a joke or something to be embarrassed by.

Does it? :?

I'd say it does. If the big six want a player, they get them. You usually hear about it too, because players don't allow a top six club offer to pass them by without putting pressure on the club to sell. The top six haven't come in for any of those players. Lemina and possibly Bertrand apart they wont this summer either. No doubt you will say Cedric has been chased by Barca. My reply would be, has he ****. That's simply his agent placing stories to help get a bumper new contract for his client.

Edited by Chez

No we wouldn't, it doesn't matter if we have Koeman, Pochettino, Klopp or Pellegrino... players leave for the money.

Genuine question. If we had kept Poch and Nic Nak was still in charge somehow paying players top six wages, do you think players would have stayed? Or would the lure of the big club been too much. I guess, kind of like the current Spurs situation, only its us, who are less glamorous than Spurs.

Selling a defender for a world record £75m fee to one of the world's richest clubs is not a joke or something to be embarrassed by.

Genuine question. Can you tell me if a Prem club selling players to the same rival over just four years (Saints to Liverpool) is unprecedented?

Genuine question. Do you really believe that every other premier league clubs fan s don't find it funny how we sell everyone to Liverpool? It's not a joke but it is kind of embarrassing now.

Well, its clear the tapping up has started..

Will we nip it in the bud ? Will we f**k.

They’ve clicked their fingers, he’s already gone.

And they’ve started this while we fight for survival and he has a key role to play.

F**k I hate them..

agree

Maybe not embarrassed by but it's sucking the life out of supporting my club. Thanks Liverpool (and Saints for allowing it to happen).

If les Reed came round and took a dump in your best shoes you’d find a way to justify it...

But if we spunk the money on inflated contract for players that have just signed or signed new ones it would be, hang on a minute we wouldn't do that.

No we wouldn't, it doesn't matter if we have Koeman, Pochettino, Klopp or Pellegrino... players leave for the money.

I remember the days when you used to bang on to everyone that we were on an unstoppable march to the champions league. That our players would all happily stay here turning down moves to bigger clubs for more money because they were happy at saints. You used to say top players would join us because they'd see southampton as a great place to leave and the schools in the area are second to none. What's changed Matty? You used to say anyone who disagreed with your delusions had "a Dell sized mentally" now you seem to agree with them. So they were right and yet again you were

2qTou8