Do the players actually get it?

Dusic

Weird interview, feel the title does him a bit of a disservice. Just says the players have aspirations to play in Europe. No problem with that.

But about the here and now....we're in a mess, and we need some short term thinking to get out of it. Or we're going to find ourselves relegated before we acknowledge the fact we're even in the fight.

Failure to admit that we're on course to smash into an iceberg will be our undoing. We're too proud/scared/arrogant to think we're embroiled in a relegation battle.

We're looking to be in a very bad way indeed.

I do worry about our chances looking at the fixture list and seeing teams like Brighton and Huddersfield picking up good wins when we can barely scrape a goal from the barrel.

"So, it's not panic at all, we're looking forward to the rest of the season now."

Jesus that quote is scary.

I disagree, I would rather there was a positive feeling around the camp and some confidence, rather than a 'we are already doomed' attitude. Once it reaches that stage, teams seem to give up all hope and wait for the inevitable... like WBA it seems.

JWP is not stupid (one of the few), they all know the reality and seriousness of our position I'm sure. But hopefully they do genuinely feel they can get out of it and put this season behind us.

I disagree, I would rather there was a positive feeling around the camp and some confidence, rather than a 'we are already doomed' attitude. Once it reaches that stage, teams seem to give up all hope and wait for the inevitable... like WBA it seems.

JWP is not stupid (one of the few), they all know the reality and seriousness of our position I'm sure. But hopefully they do genuinely feel they can get out of it and put this season behind us.

I honestly don't believe any of them care at all...they know they wil still get paid and potentially they will get a lucrative move.

"So, it's not panic at all, we're looking forward to the rest of the season now."

I think "That's the thing, I mean we're not in a drastic situation where we're bottom of the league and a lot of points away,” Ward-Prowse said.

"We're a win or two from being higher up the league and gaining that momentum." is scarier still.

We may be a win or two away from being higher up, but so is the competition. News for JWP - we ARE in a drastic situation; "bottom of the league and a lot of points away" isn't drastic, we'd be WBA and dead and buried.

It's not about the players not getting it, but the fans not getting that the players couldn't care. Stay up and all is good. Go down and the players who want a move, get a move without too much hassle.

Indeed, I suspect several of our best players would be quite happy with relegation.

Thank god the players don't act like the wet-wipes on this forum. Honestly for the last couple of years it's been 'Generation Snowflake' on here.

Do explain you definition of a "snowflake" as my understanding of the term and its derogatory use, you just met it perfectly!

Do explain you definition of a "snowflake" as my understanding of the term and its derogatory use, you just met it perfectly!

Freddie!..., Webster dictionary defines 'Snowflake' as 'a person who needs protection from the harsh realities of the world'

It's not about the players not getting it, but the fans not getting that the players couldn't care. Stay up and all is good. Go down and the players who want a move, get a move without too much hassle.

Indeed, I suspect several of our best players would be quite happy with relegation.

.......nah

Freddie!..., Webster dictionary defines 'Snowflake' as 'a person who needs protection from the harsh realities of the world'

......l"Or are easily upset by the opinions of others" ...and isn't that the point of your original post? Not being funny it just seemed ironic to post about the opinion of others and call them snowflakes! Lol

......l"Or are easily upset by the opinions of others" ...and isn't that the point of your original post? Not being funny it just seemed ironic to post about the opinion of others and call them snowflakes! Lol

Freddie!, you can't just make up your own definition, and use it to slate me....you asked me for mine!..which i obtained from Websters!

I think JWP 'gets it'. When the players were on the platform at Southampton station, waiting to set off for an Arsenal game last season, he was chanting 'Play Up Pompey!" to annoy the Saints fans. His family are all Pompey season ticket holders and he is a big Pompey fan himself so I sometimes wonder how keen he is to score crucial goals for Saints. Of course, he is a professional athlete so he has to consider his own career but I think he'd be slightly more motivated if he was playing for another team.

Of course they get it. Anyone on here that thinks they don’t are just plain stupid.

The question is are they really bothered. Most know they will be out of here quicker than speeding bullet if the worst happens. New club, Shiney new contract and a signing on bonus.

They will give it a go but ultimately for most it’s not the end of the world.

Of course they get it. Anyone on here that thinks they don’t are just plain stupid.

The question is are they really bothered. Most know they will be out of here quicker than speeding bullet if the worst happens. New club, Shiney new contract and a signing on bonus.

They will give it a go but ultimately for most it’s not the end of the world.

And, as I said, in JWP's case, it would be a big relief for him and his family, if he could play for another club. But, he will struggle to find another Premier League club prepared to take him. I guess his dream would be to follow in Oxlade-Chamberlain's footsteps.

Freddie!, you can't just make up your own definition, and use it to slate me....you asked me for mine!..which i obtained from Websters!

Sorry that was my understanding.....not slating you just querying the irony..... Sorry man...My bad, if you think I was slating you!

And, as I said, in JWP's case, it would be a big relief for him and his family, if he could play for another club. But, he will struggle to find another Premier League club prepared to take him. I guess his dream would be to follow in Oxlade-Chamberlain's footsteps.
Yeah, I can't think of any clubs that would want him. Apart from all the ones from about 7th down in the prem. Other than those, probably none.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I can't think of any clubs that would want him. Apart from all the ones from about 7th down in the prem. Other than those, probably none.

Yes, they all must be absolutely salivating at the prospect of getting an attacking midfielder, who is slow, can't tackle and who has scored a grand total of 12 goals in 189 games, 4 of which have been against West Brom. Who would want a player like that? West Brom?

That's all well and good but only IF JWP would "lower" himself to join one of them. I suspect his agent

will tell him he is far too good for those mere mortal teams.

That's all well and good but only IF JWP would "lower" himself to join one of them. I suspect his agent

will tell him he is far too good for those mere mortal teams.

If we went down i suspect his agent would advise him to leave. There would be interest from a host of premiere league clubs, perhaps not the top clubs, but certainly mid and lower table clubs.

I think JWP 'gets it'. When the players were on the platform at Southampton station, waiting to set off for an Arsenal game last season, he was chanting 'Play Up Pompey!" to annoy the Saints fans. His family are all Pompey season ticket holders and he is a big Pompey fan himself so I sometimes wonder how keen he is to score crucial goals for Saints. Of course, he is a professional athlete so he has to consider his own career but I think he'd be slightly more motivated if he was playing for another team.
JWP's family are not PFC season ticket holders.

They used to be but stopped several years ago, because something happened. That sonething being their son became part of the first team for Southampton Football Club. You know, that.

And JWP's father is a barrister, they're not some chavs from Paulsgrove ashamed that their son is a scumma. They're delighted. Like normal people would be, not that you'd understand that.

And JWP was ten foot high on promotional posters kissing the SFC badge about five years ago and has never done or said anything ever to go against that sentiment since. He's on his way to being a SFC lifer at present.

So, although it is a lovely little trolling routine you're trying to construct here, it's utter garbage.

Keep trying x x x

Edited by CB Fry

They used to be but stopped several years ago, because something happened. That sonething being their son became part of the first team for Southampton Football Club. You know, that.

And JWP's father is a barrister, they're not some chavs from Paulsgrove ashamed that their son is a scumma. They're delighted. Like normal people would be, not that you'd understand that.

And JWP was ten foot high on promotional posters kissing the SFC badge about five years ago and has never done or said anything ever to go against that sentiment since. He's on his way to being a SFC lifer at present.

So, although it is a lovely little trolling routine you're trying to construct here, it's utter garbage.

Keep trying x x x

Well said.

Keep trying x x x

Exactly. I couldn't be assed to reply to Nordick because I'm weary of getting into arguments with the trolls who post here. Thanks for saving me the bother. Now time to set off for the game, long drive coming up.

Keep trying x x x

aaawww you're spoiling it now. I quite liked the idea that his pompey supporting family hatched a plan to take down SFC 25 years ago, by breeding a football playing son, to go deep under cover only to emerge after a period of saints success to relegate the club. I imagine on the last game of the season he will score an own goal before revealing a full pompey kit under his saints kit, singing PuP in the centre circle all while French kissing the pompey badge....

Yes, they all must be absolutely salivating at the prospect of getting an attacking midfielder, who is slow, can't tackle and who has scored a grand total of 12 goals in 189 games, 4 of which have been against West Brom. Who would want a player like that? West Brom?

I didn't know until today that my second log-in is Nordic Saint!

Confidence is a vital, but fragile thing, for all elite sportspeople and anyone surprised that the players are doing their best to conserve it hasn't really thought things through.

All the comments below deserve repeating!

Again, I think JWP is probably one of the few that does care (a little) ;)

Well what's he meant to say? "Most of us are struggling to sleep, we're absolutely ****ed and we'll probably go down!"

When are you lot gonna realise that not one player at the club gives a rats ass about us or the club?

If they show any emotion towards the fans or the club then it’s fake.

They are footballers who are looking to maximise their income as much as they can in the short period of time that they are pro footballers.

If we go down then they are set to make more money than if we stay up as they will all have clauses in their contracts to protect their income from the problems that relegation caused to their finances, they will just trigger those clauses and move to another club on a better wage with a signing on bonus.