Relegation - The Run In...

Saint Garrett

@OriolRomeu

Despite what has happened so far, there is for 4 games left and we need to keep the faith. Must remain together at the good and the bad times! ����

---------------------------------------------------------------------

fu_ck right off, 'remain together in the bad times' you say Oriol?

we'll see how many of these players stay with us in the Championship then :x

Everton look crap. No reason why we can't beat them.
If they hold on here, that's them 8th on 45 points with three games to go.

So three games to secure one more point to deliver what you can only describe as a "world class" season.

If they hold on here, that's them 8th on 45 points with three games to go.

So three games to secure one more point to deliver what you can only describe as a "world class" season.

Big Sam is a genuine world class manager - fact

We are truly an unfit side. The gap between attack and defence and the inability to closedown and keep it going this year for the whole game is shocking. We have players receiving the ball and no players moving or within 30yards of them, which is why the ball goes sideways and back again. Look at how many touches each player has to take in order to keep hold of the ball and hold up play until there is an option. The alternative is solo runs, or the big lump forward.

This bit isn’t going to change for the next 4 games so we better hope that we get lucky and some of the shots we take happen to go in. Think our defence is going to rely on poor opposition attacking

Everton look crap. No reason why we can't beat them.

They're not great like but with 16 more points than us at this stage, they're doing a damn sight better than us and the pressure is all on us to take the game to them. If we don't beat Bournemouth, we have to win there, can this team stand up to that kind of pressure? :uhoh:

I was wondering how bad our form had been...turns out it's worse than I'd actually realised!

Since beating West Brom at home in October, we have picked up 17 points from 25 league games :uhoh::uhoh::rolleyes:

Quite incredible that we still have a route (of sorts) to save ourselves from relegation if you ask me.

I was wondering how bad our form had been...turns out it's worse than I'd actually realised!

Since beating West Brom at home in October, we have picked up 17 points from 25 league games :uhoh::uhoh::rolleyes:

Quite incredible that we still have a route (of sorts) to save ourselves from relegation if you ask me.

Probably because the Top 6 are totally dominating and there are more really bad teams than ever in the PL.

Top 6 get their pick of the world's better players with no sort of control whatsoever over spending and the rest just have the priviledge of paying over the odds to dip into the lucky dip of the rest of the dross available. Same with managers.

So results wise appointing Hughes has made no difference whatsoever?

True, though he has had Arsenal away, Chelsea home and Leicester away - not games I'd have expected to win under Poch or Koeman tbf.

West Ham however, I think he just f*cked up massively by going two up front.

Probably because the Top 6 are totally dominating and there are more really bad teams than ever in the PL.

Top 6 get their pick of the world's better players with no sort of control whatsoever over spending and the rest just have the priviledge of paying over the odds to dip into the lucky dip of the rest of the dross available. Same with managers.

We used to talk about being the Best Of The Rest. This season The Rest have been pretty awful.

Seriously how did that **** Pellegrino stay in the job for so long?

This is the most avoidable relegation in the history of the Premier League.

Because he seemed to get a result when he was just about to be sacked probably! Plus the cup run. He should have gone after that Leicester game, I think if we hadn't beaten Everton he'd have been gone then.

Obviously because we'd already sacked a far better manager than Pellegrino will ever be last summer and whoever did that for whatever reason didn't want to look silly. It was bandied about that Reed sacked Puel because he refused to change his style of football. So if Reed wanted to dictate how we play then whoever was manager is just puppet with no real control over style or results. If Southampton want to improve there is one solution....sack Reed. That has been obvious for years now.

Obviously because we'd already sacked a far better manager than Pellegrino will ever be last summer and whoever did that for whatever reason didn't want to look silly. It was bandied about that Reed sacked Puel because he refused to change his style of football. So if Reed wanted to dictate how we play then whoever was manager is just puppet with no real control over style or results. If Southampton want to improve there is one solution....sack Reed. That has been obvious for years now.

Wish I had posted that, summed up our situation imo.

Because he seemed to get a result when he was just about to be sacked probably! Plus the cup run. He should have gone after that Leicester game, I think if we hadn't beaten Everton he'd have been gone then.

Sholing Sports could have beaten Everton on that day. They were a right shambles because they'd sacked Koeman and let an utter,utter idiot try his hand at management. Their players (apart from the very young and very hopeless) wanted nothing to do with Ferguson and his pub side methods.

I think the FA Cup run has a lot to do with it. Just when he needed a result a bloody cup game came along, we won, and that extended his job for another fortnight

I think the FA Cup run has a lot to do with it. Just when he needed a result a bloody cup game came along, we won, and that extended his job for another fortnight

Yup there is that, and also that Krueger believed he was a good coach and wanted to give him more time. If what i was told was right there were a few occasions where the trigger was being pulled and Krueger was the only person to stand up for him and argue against his sacking.

Yup there is that, and also that Krueger believed he was a good coach and wanted to give him more time. If what i was told was right there were a few occasions where the trigger was being pulled and Krueger was the only person to stand up for him and argue against his sacking.

Krueger....how the fark would he know what a good or bad football coach looks like. Probably learns from You Tube videos.

the FA cup is one factor, but also for him through defensive football- we lost very narrowly to Man City away, which gave him an extra fortnight... then we gained a point against Arsenal, and then we should have sacked him either after Leicester or Spurs but let him to go to mastermind a park the bus draw at Old Trafford, and as we won an FA Cup tie and lost unfairly to Watford away and then drew against Spurs at home, the board clearly thought the tide had turned with him... then those wins at WBA bought him another couple of weeks....

the fact is we never lost 3 in a row with him, and gained some lucky points...

Sholing Sports could have beaten Everton on that day. They were a right shambles because they'd sacked Koeman and let an utter,utter idiot try his hand at management. Their players (apart from the very young and very hopeless) wanted nothing to do with Ferguson and his pub side methods.

Could Sholing Sports have beaten West Ham, because Everton did 4-0 , 3 days after they played us with the same manager. Anyway, what’s Ferguson got do don’t with it, seeing as it was David Unsworth who managed them.

Could Sholing Sports have beaten West Ham, because Everton did 4-0 , 3 days after they played us with the same manager. Anyway, what’s Ferguson got do don’t with it, seeing as it was David Unsworth who managed them.
Are you Jeremy who phones into BBC5 live post match phone in?

Walcott. You just know he will score against us, after all that shennigans with the transfer and choosing Everton at the last minute. Consigning us to Championship, scoring and then 'not celebrating' (Big effing deal). Free money from the bookies

Ferguson upset their senior players with his coaching methods, Unsworth let him do it.

There's no plausible explanation for your first sentence and a rock solid certainty about your second.

Huddersfield clearly the team we need to pass to stay up, and it's possible they won't get another point. West Ham also in catching distance as they have tough games. We need to beat Swansea but their fixtures (bar Chelsea which could go either way) are winnable.

A Chelsea win today and it's been a cracking day of football. It has at least given us hope.

3 more points in our last 3 matches me just do this, especially if they are against Swansea. Huddersfield could likely finish at 35 pts, and their gd is terrible. If we beat Swansea they would need 3 points from their other 2 matches, since we would likely beat them in gd.

Swansea form not so hot - no wins in 6 and just three points from those games. New manager bounce has gone anyway.

Beat them and we'll be looking very good.

Beat Everton and get to Wales with points in the bag though.

Swansea form not so hot - no wins in 6 and just three points from those games. New manager bounce has gone anyway.

Beat them and we'll be looking very good.

Beat Everton and get to Wales with points in the bag though.

But you said we are already down.

A sub plot to follow having spoken to an Arsenal mate is their game on thursday night. We need Atletico to win, we want Wengers last game to be against Huddersfield with no final on the horizon. If they get to the final they will rest everyone against huddersfield. If they're out they will play first team v huddersfield and will be desperate to win for him! We need an atletico win

A sub plot to follow having spoken to an Arsenal mate is their game on thursday night. We need Atletico to win, we want Wengers last game to be against Huddersfield with no final on the horizon. If they get to the final they will rest everyone against huddersfield. If they're out they will play first team v huddersfield and will be desperate to win for him! We need an atletico win

Damned good point. Come on, Griezman and co...

What happens if we get a point against Everton and Bournemouth beat Swansea?

We will step out of the bottom three on goal difference, meaning that our game in hand against Swansea becomes a "don't lose" game, rather than a "must win".

We'll all take a point away at Everton and I think 4 points sees us safe. It might be as few as two points.....

This is exactly why I wanted Fulham to beat us in the 3rd round. I’m almost certain he’d have gone in January if we’d lost that day.

What happens if we get a point against Everton and Bournemouth beat Swansea?

We will step out of the bottom three on goal difference, meaning that our game in hand against Swansea becomes a "don't lose" game, rather than a "must win".

We'll all take a point away at Everton and I think 4 points sees us safe. It might be as few as two points.....

Yep I just worked that out too! Best we aim for 9 tho:)

We could also do with Watford scuppering Spurs today to ensure Chelsea are fighting for 4th as long as possible.

I’d fancy Huddersfield home to Arsenal, even if it is Wengers last game. They’ve won 3 away games all season, since the turn of the year they’ve lost at Bournemouth, Swansea, Brighton and Newcastle. They’ve picked up 0 points in 2018, having only played Spurs of the top 5 in that period. They’ve scored less goals than WBA on the road. They’re bottle jobs, and Wengers last game ain’t going to change that. We’ll need 6 points to top them imo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is exactly why I wanted Fulham to beat us in the 3rd round. I’m almost certain he’d have gone in January if we’d lost that day.

No matter who the manager is, that is an embarrassing attitude to have. For some reason you're proud of yourself for wanting us to lose a game. Bizarre.

Would bite your hand off for that right now. A slight gamble yes, but 4 more points from those 3 fixtures isn't bad and given Huddersfield's games and Swansea and West ham being rubbish, we'd have a fair chance of survival with that.

Probably finish 17th!