Relegation - The Run In...

Saint Garrett

Four points minimum might be enough, however there are likely to be a number of surprise results from unlikely candidates over the last 3 games. We need to focus purely on what we do...nothing we can do about the others and nothing is certain. Lose to Everton and I think it’s over IMHO.

Will be almost be more annoying if we do drop now as we will have clearly seen that had we got rid of Pellegrino sooner or not had one of the worst January windows ever for a relegation threatened side it could easily have been avoided. I had resigned myself to the fact we were 99% relegated after the Chelsea game.

Hughes is a standard PL Manager but has made a huge difference to the attitude and energy of the team, but ultimately we don't win many games and still need to win one from two as a minimum (excluding the obvious defeat to City).

IMO we deserve relegation, but have finally given ourselves a realistic eacape route provided we get something at Goodison.

I still have zero faith in our centre backs though...

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/relegation

I think the Hammers at up to 14-1 for relegation is a surprisingly good punt. I don't expect them to go down but I'm not sure they deserve to be that high.

Anyone fancy a cheeky 500-1 bet on Watford getting relegated?!:lol:

I'd think that any side with the same number or more points than Huddersfield but with a better GD is a poor bet for relegation. Just can't see Huddersfield getting any more points and at -29 GD already, 35 points and better than say -32 might be enough.

My heart tells me the Bournemouth game was a turning point and we will do enough to scrape survival. My head tells me the Bournemouth game is just prolonging the inevitable...

I don't know any more. I'd think that if we can beat Swansea (I don't see us getting anything at Goodison) and just need a point at home on the last day, we'll get it, even against Citeh. There the World Cup effect might even do us a favour.

we're going to get a point at Everton and Swansea will lose to Bournemouth, Stoke lose to Palace.

We will beat Swansea and that will be that, barring a very large swing in goal difference.

We will enjoy the Man City game with the sun on our faces.

You are ****ing mad!!

It will rain.

we're going to get a point at Everton and Swansea will lose to Bournemouth, Stoke lose to Palace.

We will beat Swansea and that will be that, barring a very large swing in goal difference.

We will enjoy the Man City game with the sun on our faces.

Works for me.

... for about 10 minutes, then City start to massively swing our goal difference.

That's why I think we should just beat Everton and Swansea then give city a spanking too for the hell of it !

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43960000 - West Ham: Andy Carroll sent home after row with manager David Moyes

I wonder how significant the falling out between Moyes and Carroll could be? They have already got a tough run-in - could losing him make it even tougher? If they lose every game they become another team that we could pass with only three more points.

On the other hand, these sorts of things can sometimes help nuture a siege mentality in a football club, which could help them secure a couple more points and with it keep them in the Premier League.

Monreal must have been watching Cedric’s crossing, he must have got in down the side 3 or 4 times and delivered a poor cross. Mind you Godín is some defender.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That was some defensive display by Atletico last night. Godin, as you say was imperious. The organisation and sheer will to defend was so impressive and will probably see them lift the cup.

And now there's no reason for him to not field his strongest possible 11, in stark contrast if they were to have a Europa cup final 3 days later.

He's going to want to go out on a bit of a high note.

So, cue a Hudds win. I'm honestly not expecting any favours from the sides we need them from, it's not that kind of season.

So, cue a Hudds win. I'm honestly not expecting any favours from the sides we need them from, it's not that kind of season.

High note ? Perhaps but he's certainly going to want to go out without leaving a team that would have to go through the qualifying rounds of the Europa. If they beat Burnley the pressure would be less for the other games but if they don't I think they'd have to win both of the others to ensure that they finish 6th.

We would have been down weeks ago if not for the crapness of the other teams at the bottom. If you'd have offered me our current position in the dark days of Pellegrino's reign in March I'd have bitten your hand off. It's because of the crapness of the other teams that we are still in with a shot, and so let's hope they continue to be crap and we can take advantage.

We would have been down weeks ago if not for the crapness of the other teams at the bottom. If you'd have offered me our current position in the dark days of Pellegrino's reign in March I'd have bitten your hand off. It's because of the crapness of the other teams that we are still in with a shot, and so let's hope they continue to be crap and we can take advantage.

And they aren't already down either, because of our crapness. Etc.

And they aren't already down either, because of our crapness. Etc.

The basic difference being that, in the main, the others are poor sides with substandard players for the PL. We should be doing better but aren't. We should not be below Huddersfield or Bournemouth but we are. We have underperformed all season, before Pellegrino was sacked and after. We may still escape relegation but only on goal difference as likely as not.

We weren't in the bottom 3 and we were still in th FA Cup when Pellegrino was sacked. That's the position, I'd prefer now: above the relegation zone. I'm not saying Pellegrino ws a good manager but I'd certainly prefer the position we were in then.

Stoke and WBA HAVE to win at the weekend. WBA could still win and be relegated (if we win at Everton).

Personally I think 4 points will be enough, but we want to get the three on the board straight away. The Swansea game is almost a free hit for them because they have the back up of the final day v Stoke.

Looking at the fixtures, form etc I think it is between us and Huddersfield. Whoever gets a result on the last day will stay up. Hopefully we will have done the job by then anyway and have 6/6 from the next two - but we all know it doesn't quite work like that.

How bad are man u tonight? Just our luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awful, but Brighton won't go down. Still good to keep them in the discussion for relegation though, as the more teams still not completely safe the better to keep the element of doubt about.

We weren't in the bottom 3 and we were still in th FA Cup when Pellegrino was sacked. That's the position, I'd prefer now: above the relegation zone. I'm not saying Pellegrino ws a good manager but I'd certainly prefer the position we were in then.

We were a point above the bottom 3 mate. What exactly are you saying? We should have stuck with MP?

I think I said similar in another post that the top teams have done us nothing against the s**t and tonight was a direct result of the top 4 being so uncompetitive.

Can you imagine Man U playing like that if they'd only been a point behind Man City?

Fair play to Brighton I guess - they're one of the worst teams I've seen this season. But they did it when it mattered.

Like most of the other dross down there - they annoy me with wins over Arsenal and Man U - but when you actually want them to beat Huddesfield, the lad does a suicidal backpass to gift them a point...

Brighton are a well run club and a good example of a decent manager getting a team out of a group of not very special players. They went for it. So got results, almost all season. Sadly they’re way above us in most respects, not least in spirit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brighton are a well run club and a good example of a decent manager getting a team out of a group of not very special players. They went for it. So got results, almost all season. Sadly they’re way above us in most respects, not least in spirit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like most of our rivals, they've got better players than we have in key positions: Lewis Dunk is better than any of our central defenders, Pascal Groß creates more goals than any of our midfielders and Glenn Murray scores more goals than any of our strikers. Considering all the money we have splashed out on players like Hoedt, Boufal and Carrillo, it shows just how damaging our poor recruitment has been in the last couple of years when the teams around us have bought much better players for less.

Like most of our rivals, they've got better players than we have in key positions: Lewis Dunk is better than any of our central defenders, Pascal Groß creates more goals than any of our midfielders and Glenn Murray scores more goals than any of our strikers. Considering all the money we have splashed out on players like Hoedt, Boufal and Carrillo, it shows just how damaging our poor recruitment has been in the last couple of years when the teams around us have bought much better players for less.

Complete and Utter Tosh!

Complete and Utter Tosh!

Not really. Would prefer Dunk, and Duffy for that matter, than any of our CB's. Murray would be a useful option and would much rather have him than that fella we bought for £19m who doesn't score goals, and lately doesn't even make it onto the bench.

But wouldn't any relegation bet without West Brom in it just be a gift to the bookies? West Brom can't catch West Ham so there is no sense in pretending otherwise, even by the crookies.

By treble I meant win their respective games today against Palace, Bournemouth and Leicester.

No sane person could put up an factual argument that would totally destroy Nordics post.

As for the "Complete and Utter Tosh" reply ---well just look at who posted that.:lol::lol:

Swansea will beat Stoke, may even get a result against Bompey (but probably not). So we need to go for two wins to really stand a chance. Can’t see us getting more than a point today and probably nothing. I still think there’s more chance of us going down than not.