Saints v Stoke - Match Thread

St Chalet

Redmond in starting 11, and playing on the left. Tadic on the right. Gabbi and PEH on the bench. Clown.

Yep, Tadic has been awful, Redmond not much better, even if they are being played on the wrong side of the pitch. Has to be Gabbiadini and Boufal for those two. Sims has had some bright moments showing the value of direct run and movement. Awful game - awful Manager.

Boos at the whistle for halftime.

I didn’t think we were that bad. Stoke sat off the ball, leaving us with lots of possession but no penetration. Best chances fell Stoke’s way, I suppose.

Last weekend against Burnley we struggled to deal with their aggressive pressing. We at least look more comfortable this week.

The home supporters are not sounding too impressed, though.

We might look ok on the ball, passing it about quite neatly but we carry zero threat, just like it's been ALL FECKING SEASON.

I know everyone is dying to say positive things about Carillo, but the guy does nothing. Why he is on the pitch ahead of Gabbi is as baffling as why Long was ahead of Gabbi. He offers no threat at all, and is invisible most of the time.

We might look ok on the ball, passing it about quite neatly but we carry zero threat, just like it's been ALL FECKING SEASON.

It’s defo more of the same, which is frustrating because Stoke are poor, and are basically a one man team...still we haven’t lost yet. I’m sure Pellegrino’s rousing the side with another of his patented motivating halftime team talks.

I know everyone is dying to say positive things about Carillo, but the guy does nothing. Why he is on the pitch ahead of Gabbi is as baffling as why Long was ahead of Gabbi. He offers no threat at all, and is invisible most of the time.

Novel solution that seems beyond the mentally insane and thick as pig poo manager; we are at home to an equally poor Stoke, perhaps play Gabi or along off Carrillo, you know give the bloke some involvement in the the game?

Embaressing and I feel for the players knowing they have a tub of lard to aim for.

The worse thing about this is that Redmond will be our best player next season in the Championship. Imagine that.

You can't play Redmond and Tadic... they are both left sided players in my view.

Redmond is not a left sided player...he has been sh*te playing there for the majority of two seasons now. Looked at his best when on the right, and OK when through the middle. God awful on the left though.

Novel solution that seems beyond the mentally insane and thick as pig poo manager; we are at home to an equally poor Stoke, perhaps play Gabi or along off Carrillo, you know give the bloke some involvement in the the game?

Carrillo would look better if he had Gabbiadini to play off.

He was Pellegrino's choice, inevitable he was going to be crap.

Bravo Pellegrino you utter c**t. Stoke make an attacking sub, you do nothing. Utter disgrace and should have been fired months ago.

Sims showing that being direct and energetic brings chances unlike the ponderous crap from the rest of the team

The worse thing about this is that Redmond will be our best player next season in the Championship. Imagine that.

You can't play Redmond and Tadic... they are both left sided players in my view.

Are you Pellegrino ?????

REDMOND cannot play on the LEFT !!!!!!!

At ALL EVER!!!!

TADIC is only effective on the left EVER !

First MP doesn't play 2 upfront.

Second, I don't think 2 upfront would help Carillo at all anyway. He just isn't that good. He looks like an average Championship striker to me.