Saints 0 Stoke 0 - Post Match

Bad Wolf

Garbage Board, garbage manager, garbage team.

Dread to think what ST sales will be like next year. 2 years of utter garbage at home.....why would anyone pay for the very expensive STs to be forced to sat through this garbage week in week out

Relegation beckons..................................

Dont worry,there will be plenty of mugs that will pay to keep this board and manager in their jobs.

The good: Sims was bright again, Redmond looked probably the best he has all season, a rare clean sheet.

The bad: we're going down. Not because we're terrible, but because we're just meh: a lifeless shrug, nothing of any consequence.

Our new striker is the absolute epitome of that. He's not the worst player in the world, but he's just nothing. Average on the deck, okay in the air, no goal threat whatsoever.

Special mention for our full backs, who are supposed to be the few remaining players at the club with "top six" quality: utter bobbins.

What's the worst that can happen from changing the manager now? It's already coming anyway. Are we just penny pinching and reluctant to pay the compensation?

Well played to the supporters who got out in the snow to endure that.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Southampton 1 - 1 Arsenal

Southampton 1 - 4 Leicester

Southampton 1 - 1 Huddersfield

Southampton 1 - 2 Palace

Southampton 1 - 1 Spurs

Southampton 1 - 1 Brighton

Southampton 0 - 2 Liverpool

Southampton 0 - 0 Stoke

Look at that lot. FFS.

I think 36 or 37 should be enough but where exactly are we going to get 8 or 9 points. If we can’t beat Stoke at home. We ain’t beating Arsenal, Chelsea or City.

Next up an improving Newcastle away, you know he’s targeting a draw there, Swansea, they are on top form.

Then a crunch tie at West Ham, will he go for it there.

Leicester away, will we go for it there?

Home to Bournemouth, surely, surely we must set up to win that one?

Everton away? Never do well up there.

MoPe really ****ed up today didn’t he?

Unable to win a game against a side that offered barely enough to be classified as sentient. Absolute joke of a manager and a board whose arrogance will cost us dearly.

This squad has enough about it to be easily clear of relegation if they were playing under a competent manager. Unfortunately they are managed by Mr Bean and only have a hope of surviving because the league we are playing in is a cesspool in terms of quality.

1 win in 16, how the hell can you accept that from a manager. We need a lift for the final 9, we have to roll that dice and sack him now.

Should have been sacked ages ago. I fear it’s too late now. The chairman is clueless.

Southampton 1 - 2 Palace

Southampton 1 - 1 Spurs

Southampton 0 - 0 Stoke

Look at that lot. FFS.

And thats why it's bewildering that Pellegrino is still in a job. Bewildering.

Southampton 1 - 2 Palace

Southampton 1 - 1 Spurs

Southampton 0 - 0 Stoke

Look at that lot. FFS.

Some great results in there. We’re growing.

Whole club sleep walking to relegation as we have been all season. Only hope is the other sides perform worse than us, which I think is unlikely. Club does not want to win matches.

Really feel for the season ticket holders putting up with that bile for 2 seasons.

I think 36 or 37 should be enough but where exactly are we going to get 8 or 9 points. If we can’t beat Stoke at home. We ain’t beating Arsenal, Chelsea or City.

Next up an improving Newcastle away, you know he’s targeting a draw there, Swansea, they are on top form.

Then a crunch tie at West Ham, will he go for it there.

Leicester away, will we go for it there?

Home to Bournemouth, surely, surely we must set up to win that one?

Everton away? Never do well up there.

MoPe really ****ed up today didn’t he?

Simple- draws feel like wins, 9 draws is 9 points, but with the added bonus of getting that feeling of a win

Sims had a great chance but it was too close to the keeper. Dammit I thought, pity that didn’t fall to someone else. Then I thought about it for a bit. Tadic would have controlled it and then fallen over, Carillo would have missed the ball, Redmond and Cedric would have put it over the bar, Romeu would have mi**** it. We just don’t look like scoring, ever. The players seem so low on confidence. We are in for a very tough run in and I see the next 2 league games being identical to this.

Just get in Marco Silva and be done with it.

One positive - we defended really well against Stoke's aerial threat, and kept Shaqiri quiet in the second half.

I caught a bit of Ryan Mason on 5 Live last night & they asked him about Hull pre & post Marco Silva.

I'm paraphrasing, but it was basically about before he came in (I guess under Phelan) & the players were just told to go ahead & get on with it as they are good players & were given basic instructions.

He said when Silva came in they worked on everything in detail so they knew exactly what their jobs were. He said it was very similar to Pochettino @ Spurs.

He said it was all about emphasising what they were good at rather than worrying about the opposition. Said he changed the mind-set of the players quickly.

Edited by SuperSAINT

Well I only watched the 2nd half and from what I saw we were very positive going forward and were quite clearly the better team. But Stoke do what they have done since they were promoted and defended in numbers, and they did it very well because we just couldn't find the space for any clear chances. Butland made 3 or 4 decent saves but none that you wouldn't expect a decent keeper to make. Our best chance was Boufal's header that went just wide.

Ultimately, its not good enough. It's another great chance to take 3 points at home that we couldn't take.

My gut feeling is that we will just about scrape enough points between now and May, and we will stay up on GD.

The main problem has been with us for well over a year. Slowness with a lack of composure and few ideas in the attacking third. How many of all those corners today were met by a Saints player in front of goal?

That's not to say there aren't other problems. That first half in a game where Saints really needed the 3 points was unforgivable. It'll almost be a welcome relief when relegation is confirmed. Just hope we don't go into the last game needing to get something.

Southampton 1 - 2 Palace

Southampton 1 - 1 Spurs

Southampton 0 - 0 Stoke

Look at that lot. FFS.

It's embarrassing that he's still got a job because we beat the worst team in the league twice.

Whole club sleep walking to relegation as we have been all season. Only hope is the other sides perform worse than us, which I think is unlikely. Club does not want to win matches.

Really feel for the season ticket holders putting up with that bile for 2 seasons.

All the others bar WBA are scraping the odd win. MoPe doesn’t seem to fathom that one of those scraped wins is equal to 3 of our bore draws.

I agree totally, but why can't Reed, the Board and the owner see this?

is the main culprit and needs to go first and now - w****r thinks he knows it all and is more stubborn than Wenger. With a decent manager or even the team at the end starting we would have won this game. Reed probably has a good pension/pay off lined up, and if on top he were to get sacked would get a fair amount of compo. I say pay him £5M to f off now. Get a top out of job manager as consultant (i.e. telling our clown what to do) for the rest of the games.

If our new owner does not act, I am done with going to games until we have a new owner. Still a fan of the team, just not the owner, board, Reed the snake, or the pathetically cowardly manager/coach (although not his fault for our club hiring him - I am been supporting Saints since 1974 and he is defo the worst IMHO).

That is now Stoke, Swansea, Huddersfield, Newcastle, Brighton, Crystal Palace, Watford, Leicester and Arsenal who we have failed to beat at home.

What a ****ing waste of money a season ticket has been the last two seasons.

**** off Reed, **** off Fat Kat, **** off Ralph and **** off Pellegrino.

Probably going to be difficult to stay up now, unless we get 4 pts minimum from Newcastle and West Ham.

****e first half, better second but still not enough of a threat.

Redmond and Sims were good, but feel for Carillo - never really gets into the game.

Ultimately, a **** season for which I blame the board primarily. A selection of crap decisions that have cost us.

Probably going to be difficult to stay up now, unless we get 4 pts minimum from Newcastle and West Ham.

****e first half, better second but still not enough of a threat.

Redmond and Sims were good, but feel for Carillo - never really gets into the game.

Ultimately, a **** season for which I blame the board primarily. A selection of crap decisions that have cost us.

To get four points we need to score a goal and then if we manage that we’ve got to not sit back and sit on that goal and thus not concede a ****ty equalizer. I just can’t see it.

Got his subs totally wrong again. Sims and Redmond were pinning them back from the wings and then he took Sims off for Boufal which completely killed our momentum.

Then failed to bring JWP in a game where we were getting set piece after set piece.

Our finishing is ****e but he unnecessarily stifled our momentum and withdrew any opportunity we might have had with pants subs.

As for that ref blowing the whistle when he did....

What a ****ing mess we are in. It’s not like we’ve been unlucky with injuries or bad bounces. It’s been obvious since game 1 (and if not that, then the Wolves game) that this guy they brought in was completely out of his element. No one would have really complained if he was let go, especially after Leicester, but no Reed doesn’t want to look foolish. News flash Reed, you are going to look like a much bigger tool at the end of this season if we go down and you let him stay despite 1 win in 15, 0 wins in 8 home games, barely scoring, not many clean sheets, lifeless, ponderous, petrified of losing football.

Ref didn’t have control. Blew up as few kick?! Wtf. And 2 mins?! Thought it was 30 s per sub... and there were 6.

First half poor, second half

Couldn’t fault the effort. But think it’s getting too hard to get the points we need now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk