Saints 0 Stoke 0 - Post Match

Bad Wolf

Reed was in the dressing room pre match yesterday apparently.

If this is true then that strikes me as even Reed has lost confidence in Pellegrino.

Probably just a matter of tying up the final details of his successor to come in now.

I reckon Les might have it sorted by mid-July.

Thought Remond was shocking. The one time he decided to run in and behind he created something. Bertrand must be f**ked off, he's basically the only one down the left if Redmond starts.

Absolute bull****, Nathan Redmond looked dangerous and had a decent game. Some fans have made their minds up though as there has to be a fool guy in the team. :rolleyes:

Depends if it's Utd, Liverpool, or City needing the extra time or another.

Spot on. It's called Fergie time. The amount of time shall be stretched until the glory team scores and then immediately after that, the referee shall blow his whistle.

Tadic should not even be close to starting. He sums up our disgrace of a season.....more often than not this season its been like playing with 10 men yet this t**t still seems to start every game.
I wouldn't disagree with that at all contributed one meaningful cross in 67 minutes. I couldn't believe he came out for the second half in a must win game.

If he plays has to be wide left Sims right and try Redmond central free roaming behind Carillo.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Absolute bull****, Nathan Redmond looked dangerous and had a decent game. Some fans have made their minds up though as there has to be a fool guy in the team. :rolleyes:

Agreed, don't rate Redmond at all really, but yesterday was his best performance since Liverpool in the cup last season in terms of his willingness to take responsibility and attack his defender.

Watching Man City and whilst they really are exciting when they attack,so much is tedious

My thoughts too think the whole premier league is becoming tedious still at least we can have an exciting season or 3 in the championship

Thought Remond was shocking. The one time he decided to run in and behind he created something. Bertrand must be f**ked off, he's basically the only one down the left if Redmond starts.

You must of watched different game mate as thought he was our best player

I think it was 5 in second half. Never seen 2 mins before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it really doesn't matter now, but Crouch sub was made at half time, so wouldn't add any time and both Saints and Stoke made a sub at the same time on the hour, so that makes it just three stoppages in the second half.

I don’t get MoPe at all. When I saw the team sheet it made sense - Carrillo is supposed to be good in the air - so get quick wingers bombing against their slow defence and give him something to attack - to those who watched the game (I couldn’t) did that happen ? Looking at the 1st half stats either it didn’t or the crosses went nowhere near Carrillo.

I get the impression that MoPe thinks that possession will win games - which is why he hates losing a midfielder as it naturally makes it harder to retain the ball. What I don’t get is why this far into the season he hasn’t twigged that it doesn’t work. We’re in a total mess now - ironically the only home game I can see us winning is City - but it may be too late by then. Means we will need to win one or two away from home - Swans and West Ham games we cannot lose. Still don’t think he has the first clue who he should play and where in attack. At the moment seems to be Carrillo, Tadic and Redmond (although he wants to play the latter two on the wrong wings). Think JWP was harshly treated - was the one player making things happen and had one bad game and dropped. Tadic and Redmond back in favour for no apparent reason.. yes Redmond has played better last 2 games - but hardly set the world alight. As for Tadic - he still hasn’t found out what any saints fan has know for 2 seasons. Play him on the left or don’t play him at all.

Redmond was better than Tadic who really should have been left out for Gabbiadini. How the manager would think keeping Tadic would make us stronger defensively is beyond logic.

I have a couple of criticisms of Redmond because I think he is basically thick and lacks a football brain. Yesterday he did a couple of stupid things especially late in the second half when he was wide on the right and the ball was on the left he stayed there rather than coming in to the corner of the penalty area, the ball came over the top of everybody and he was nowhere near enough to get to it. (Ref City's goal by Silva today). Soares has played too much behind JWP and Tadic. Sims made plenty of runs early on which crying out for Soares to put the ball through but ignored Sims and came inside.

Reed was in the dressing room pre match yesterday apparently.

Smacks of when I did Computing GCSE with Mr Williams as teacher. He was completely useless, far too nice and had no authority because he was a bit weird. (He used to clean his ears out with a finger in class and wipe the wax on his cheek.) In the end a pupil stole his keys and locked him in a cupboard in his classroom, two lessons with different age ranges came and went with him banging on the door to be let out, before someone reported it to another teacher. Then one day, a kid in my class got beaten up in front of him, suffered an asthma attack and went to hospital. That was the day the headmaster started sitting in on his lessons to maintain order.

He wasn't back the following term, and I failed computing GCSE.

Tadic should not even be close to starting. He sums up our disgrace of a season.....more often than not this season its been like playing with 10 men yet this t**t still seems to start every game.

Thought I read on BBC football thread he has created more chances than David Silva this season.

Thought I read on BBC football thread he has created more chances than David Silva this season.

From Premier Leagues Stats

Silva 23 games 6 goals 9 assists

Tadic 27 games 3 goals 3 assists

You must be reading the same articles as Our clown manager.

But fewer goals.

Look at the Leicester site. Puel is working his magic. Same thing as this clown: we have the ball we ... no idea, no idea, no idea, got me a coaching badge, no idea, no idea, no idea.

They at least win games (for now).

A manager who looks to steal the crumbs from the table and survive must only think this league is like the others and that there are genuinely a few crap teams who get promoted and go back down and as long as you survive above them then that is success. He has failure bred into him.

As for Tadic; would have got rid of him ages ago, will still have shot of him. He can go back to Holland and pretend he can play football in the boys' league over there at the snail's pace he likes to play at.

From Premier Leagues Stats

Silva 23 games 6 goals 9 assists

Tadic 27 games 3 goals 3 assists

You must be reading the same articles as Our clown manager.

‘Creating chances’ is different to actually getting assists, we would need someone in our squad apart from Charlie Austin to be able to put the ball in the net for a start. However, I do think Tadic is a bit of a flat track bully. Would replace him in the starting 11 with Gabbi or even try Redmond behind the striker if I’m honest.

Tadic on Saturday was shameful, especially in the first half, for all his guile and fancy step overs when warming up, I could not believe the number of times when he was making a run how he spent most of the time looking at the Stoke player tracking him only for the ball that was passed to him trundling past him out of his reach by the time he eventually looked for it.

Tadic on Saturday was shameful, especially in the first half, for all his guile and fancy step overs when warming up, I could not believe the number of times when he was making a run how he spent most of the time looking at the Stoke player tracking him only for the ball that was passed to him trundling past him out of his reach by the time he eventually looked for it.

To be fair to him I noticed that he did a lot of defensive work, getting back and covering and occasionally making tackles.

Not really what you would expect or want of him though.

Tadic was crowded out in the centre. Stoke frequently had 5 at the back and were compact. Contrary to many I think he can be effective as a 10 but one quality he lacks is mobility. It was right to replace him and could have been hooked earlier.

Back off Dusan Tadic, he's the only one out there with the passion and will to keep fighting on to the end. He can't do the whole effing job on his own. The boo boys will get a big surprise if he is dropped from the starting line up as we will be worse than dire then with no creative players at all to step up and try to get something going. Of course he has poor games as well as good ones but who doesn't.

If we are going with one up top, which we obviously are, then I cannot get on-board with it not being Gabbi. He should have started against Stoke off the back of his equaliser against Burnley.

Clearly our best striker and has shown throughout his career (here and in Italy) that he goes on little streaks of goals. We could do with exactly that now, but he scores and then remains on the subs bench, while Carrillo, despite a fair amount of effort, just doesn't look that good.

We now must beat at least one of Newcastle and West Ham (preferably both but right now, three points from anywhere would be a miracle)

If we are going with one up top, which we obviously are, then I cannot get on-board with it not being Gabbi. He should have started against Stoke off the back of his equaliser against Burnley.

Clearly our best striker and has shown throughout his career (here and in Italy) that he goes on little streaks of goals. We could do with exactly that now, but he scores and then remains on the subs bench, while Carrillo, despite a fair amount of effort, just doesn't look that good.

We now must beat at least one of Newcastle and West Ham (preferably both but right now, three points from anywhere would be a miracle)

Carrillo was bought because his height and ability in the air would give us a different dimension going forward, and a bit more solidity at the back from set pieces. This he has just about done, but the system with only one up front means he is too isolated to have much impact, and we just don't get crosses anywhere near him when he is in the box. If we just played Gabbi on his own, we would go back to how we have been most of the season, failing to create enough chances for him to score.

The answer would be to play both up front, so Carrillo can find someone with flick ons, or Gabbi can benefit from any space left by having to mark Carrillo. MP won't do that though so its all a bit academic.

I was watching Carrillo a lot on Saturday, and although he tried hard, and worked hard, there was nothing that he did that Sam Gallagher couldn't have done as well.

Back off Dusan Tadic, he's the only one out there with the passion and will to keep fighting on to the end. He can't do the whole effing job on his own. The boo boys will get a big surprise if he is dropped from the starting line up as we will be worse than dire then with no creative players at all to step up and try to get something going. Of course he has poor games as well as good ones but who doesn't.

Are you his publicist? I you ain't I would get your CV in for the job pronto!

Tadic fritters away more chances than he makes, and his passion is pointing at everyone else when it goes awry for him.

Like I said Saturday 1st half when on the attack he was more interested in the oppo player alongside him than the ball being played to him, for all his self (and your) belief in his abilities he should be getting the ball and skinning the Oppos player, rather than preferring to feint being shot by the sniper in the floodlights (he ain't much cop at pulling that off either).

If he were that great we would have been fending off approaches for him every transfer window since he got here.