Newcastle v Saints - Pre Match Build Up

LGTL

Sold 1600 for this which is decent. Should be a good weekend, ruined by the result obviously.

The have a far, far, far better manager then us. If roles were reversed, we'd be 10th and they'd be 20 point adrift.

Newcastle 2-0 Saints

Rafa is too tactically shrewd for this to be anything other than a straight forward day for Newcastle. Our manager will not have any answers.

Probably will be the first time we'll end up cut slightly adrift next week. Maybe then we'll stop aiming for Europe.

Rafa is too tactically shrewd for this to be anything other than a straight forward day for Newcastle. Our manager will not have any answers.

Probably will be the first time we'll end up cut slightly adrift next week. Maybe then we'll stop aiming for Europe.

We are only a couple of wins from the top half.

As MLG says, we should want the sides at the bottom to beat the midtable teams as then we have a better chance of overtaking them.

8th and 9th gone but 10th still achieveable.

-------------------------- McCarthy -------------------------

Cedric ---- Stephens ------ Hoedt ---- Bertrand

----------- Hojbjerg ----------------- Lemina -----------

----- Sims ------------- Gabbi ---------- Boufal ------

---------------------------- Guido ----------------------------

Subs: Forster, Bednarek, Romeu, JWP, Tadic, Redmond, Long

I think we should play a 4411 formation.

McCarthy

Pied Stephens Hoedt Bertrand

Sims Lemina PEH Tadic

Manolo

Carrilo

Bench: Forster, Bednarek, Romeu, JWP, Redmond, Boufal, Long

I'd like to see Cedric dropped truthfully, he knows his position is confirmed almost and plays like that too- someone who can get away with it. Well he can't. So unless Pied is injured, play Pied. Also, keep Cedric in Southampton- he don't make my bench either, rather have an attacking option than him.

CB pairings- well Yoshida is out and Bednarek is not PL level. so that is that

Bertrand- same goes for him, but without him we have no captain material and well, today's crap performance was a one off from him because he has done well recently.

Lemina and PEH to play centrally for me, more mobile which is what I'd like for this away game.

Sims and Tadic down the wings, could say Boufal or Redmond in place of Tadic but keep them as an option off the bench with tiring legs.

Manolo as our CF/Second Striker, offering support to Carrillo's knockdowns/hold-up play*

*well he is sh*t striker and in truth I'm only playing him because Austin ain't fit and by persisting with the bloke, I still live with the hope that the £19m can be fulfilled :(

The luck is already against us: Newcastle captain and best defender Lascelles should've been sent off today and banned for this game, but for the ineptitude of the referee.

Bet we don't score and he heads the winner from a set piece.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

As MLG says, we should want the sides at the bottom to beat the midtable teams as then we have a better chance of overtaking them.

Ha ha that has cheered me up.

We are hopeless. It is not because of our current position, but because we cannot win, at along a couple of wins.

Pell knows that as he thinks draw is equal to win.

We are hopeless. It is not because of our current position, but because we cannot win, at along a couple of wins.

Pell knows that as he thinks draw is equal to win.

Good grief Saints aren't hopeless. Pull yourself together man.

They just aren't very good and our manager doesn't help but there are 8 other teams in the same boat.

This has draw written all over it. I'm going, its a long journey but I'm looking forward to it.

Leave Tadic on the bench. Play JWP and Holberg. We'll be fine.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Why is everyone picking Sims over Boufal? Boufal is more experienced, unpredictable and a match winner whereas Sims is better suited at the moment as an impact sub. No doubt he will be good, but let's not burden him with the pressure of a starting place.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If anyone can beat our genius current manager, it will be his ex-boss.

Can't see us getting a bean out of this game.

Well done on sticking with your man Les Reed so much braver than those clueless knee-jerk reactionists like Swansea.

Why is everyone picking Sims over Boufal? Boufal is more experienced, unpredictable and a match winner whereas Sims is better suited at the moment as an impact sub. No doubt he will be good, but let's not burden him with the pressure of a starting place.

If Sims hadnt started then the first half yesterday would have been even worse. At least the lad has a bit about him and looks to get forward.

Sorry I dont buy it that he is better as an impact sub. In that role the gormless **** in charge will only put him on when we are losing and thats double the pressure on him cos not only does he need to get up to speed with the game but he is being expected to get us out the **** in what ? 15-20 mins at the end.

I can’t see us losing.

I can see us winning if we play the correct system and players in the correct positions.

4-4-2

McCarthy

Cedric Stephens Hoedt Bertrand

Redmond Lemina Hojbjerg Sims

Carillo (Long) Gabbi

Yeah in a parallel universe that might happen.

Not many injuries for Newcastle.

Shelvey & Slimani are the main doubts.

They should have been without their captain, Lascelles.

The Ref/Linesman completely bottled giving a blatant free kick & subsequent red card in the last min of their game last night.

This is the team we should be starting with! we looked so much better with Gabbiadini and Carrillo up top, it also gave Redmond and Sims more space out wide and something to aim for.

Redmond looked so much better when we reverted to this formation and even took on his man yesterday.59ca1c103a58a75416dbb9da89f158e7.jpg

This is the team we should be starting with! we looked so much better with Gabbiadini and Carrillo up top, it also gave Redmond and Sims more space out wide and something to aim for.

Redmond looked so much better when we reverted to this formation and even took on his man yesterday.59ca1c103a58a75416dbb9da89f158e7.jpg

Would be starting JWP over Redmond because a) on the whole, Redmond is pretty crap and b) a JWP corner or free kick is about our best chance of scoring at the moment.

They have the better manager but we have the better players. Been optimistic about so many games this season and we have been shocking. Still think we will get a point up there. Good to see Redmond finding a bit of form.

Btw we are still 7/2 to be relegated - baffling

They have the better manager but we have the better players. Been optimistic about so many games this season and we have been shocking. Still think we will get a point up there. Good to see Redmond finding a bit of form.

Btw we are still 7/2 to be relegated - baffling

I can only assume that the odds are based on the fact that everyone is expecting us to sack MP and improve (our squad, managed correctly, should easily escape).

I can’t see us losing.

I can see us winning if we play the correct system and players in the correct positions.

4-4-2

McCarthy

Redmond Lemina Hojbjerg Sims

Carillo (Long) Gabbi

You realise there is one, very major flaw in your argument??

Nice team but I would swap McCarthy for Forster.

I have more hope of us in away games. Watford and West Brom and Burnley were all far better performances than any of our home games this year.

Guess setting up defensive just works better away. Plus, Newcastle are dog****. Utter dog****. It'll probably be a draw. A loss and that truly is that.

I imagine after the Stoke game he'll hugely change it all again and we'll start with another side that's never played together, or he'll bring back Davis and Long.

FWIW, I'd go with -

McCarthy

JWP Romeu Lemina

Sims Gabbiadini Boufal

They're not that bad, they beat Man Utd at home recently. They'll certainly believe that they can beat us.

Sims needs to start from here on in IMO. He has an instinct to attack, and has yet to have that knocked out of him by the management ;)

And I would start both Sims and Boufal. Caution to the wind and all that malarkey