Newcastle v Saints - Pre Match Build Up

LGTL

If you see a fat bald headed bearded bloke come over and say hi. You can't miss me, I've got "Puel 8th" on the back of my shirt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol: :thumbup:

I’m on my way, I’ll make sure to wear my “poch’s 8th was better” shirt.

Try Bodega on Westgate Road pre-match. Good ale, will be plenty of Saints.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

That's where I went before scaling The9 flights of stairs at the ground a couple of years ago. Lovely fanlight ceilings I amazingly recall. The beer must have been good, from logical deduction, and lots of different ones to try..

Sounds like the chicks will really dig you.

I hope not, I’ve got the snap dragon up here with me. Just got a recommendation from the bird waitressing in Miller & Carter’s , a bar where “there’s people my mum & Dads age in there”. Can’t work out if she’s being friendly or taking the ****. Just back at hotel putting me dancing shoes on ( or is it crocodile shoes up here).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Yes all teams get more points at home than away..that's exactly my point...we would be better off with home games than away games.

But with 9 games left you need to take into account the opposition and their respective records home and away. At home we have a realistic chance of beating Bournemouth, and I think we will. Can we really expect anything from Chelsea and Man City? Only if they are on the beach or are resting for Europe.

Our best hope is for Man City to have qualified for the Champions League and their players saving themselves.
A couple of weeks ago you said we would be fine and listed about 5 teams more likely to go down.

Whats changed your mood?

Fair play to those of you going to the time and expense of travelling the length of the country today to watch the likely Rafa vs MP snooze fest [emoji42][emoji42][emoji42].

Fingers crossed we can get the win we so desperately need.

Here we are then. Another afternoon of frustration ultimately culminating in disappointment lies ahead. :|

Hope the fans enjoy the day and weekend out. Newcastle is a superb city with some great pubs eg Crown Posada. Had the best Jalfrezi ever there when I went up there when WGS was a manager. You need a head for heights in the away section though!

Enjoy it despite the game. 1-0 to Newcastle. The only attack our fans will see is a panic attack from MP when he sees that stadium and 50k of them. He’ll lose the plot big time so expect ten men behind the ball

There isn't a great deal of confidence on their side if my Geordie mates are anything to go by. I thought the saints players really gave it their ll in the second half last week and the squad looks pretty united to me. If they can take that desire and effort from the second half into this game then we have a decent chance. Our situation is perilous, but they usually give us some hope at least...
You say we gave it our absolute all in the second half against Stoke..... Yet we still failed to score what does that say?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

But with 9 games left you need to take into account the opposition and their respective records home and away. At home we have a realistic chance of beating Bournemouth, and I think we will. Can we really expect anything from Chelsea and Man City? Only if they are on the beach or are resting for Europe.

Chelsea have been very variable - they got stuffed by Watford not so long back

Well based on this- guess we are playing a set pieces game...

Redmond down the left again where he has not performed all season, and Tadic in the hole where I’d much rather have Boufal.

Meh- prove me wrong Saints come on but i am very anxious

Why does he not give Boufal a chance and persist with Tadic?!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Tadic was quite effective coming in from bench under RK but seems to be the chosen one never to do that under MP

Early prediction:

Tadic ineffective in the middle.

Redmond just ineffective.

Carillo isolated and ineffective.

Pellegrino tactically ineffective.

Boring game.

Play for the draw and might get one with a bit of luck.

Tadic was quite effective coming in from bench under RK but seems to be the chosen one never to do that under MP

I just can't fathom it. Every other attacking player has been rotated in and out of the first 11 at some point this season, regardless of their form. Yet despite being sh!te for the entire season, Tadic is seemingly undroppable. If MP insists on shoehorning him into the team, I wish he would at least recognise that his best position is on the left and play him there. But no, apparently that concept is too far out for our tactical genius manager.

Same old same old. I genuinely can’t believe Pellegrino isn’t deliberately trying to get the sack and a pay off.

And I really hope a proper football club come in and take gabbi in the summer so he can play some football. Way too talented to be warming the bench for us

Because Boufal is a show pony who does little other than tricks and head-down dribbling which leads to nowhere.

The real question is; why aren’t Sims and Gabbi starting?

And yet, he'd still be a better option than Redmond.

That said I agree with your other points.