Newcastle v Saints - Pre Match Build Up

LGTL

I would have swapped Hojberg for Romeu and Gabbiadini for Tadic. Sims frightens teams with his pace.

Disappointed with the starting line-up, but not surprised.

Long used to frighten teams with his pace, but once they learned he can't shoot they just let him run then box him into a corner. Redmond is a decent runner, too.

Hope Sims isn't more of the same.

We need footballers, not just runners.

Don't know what people are moaning about tbh. Can't really play a 442 against a Newcastle side that do a lot of their work through the middle. He's also put in quite a forward thinking energetic midfield who should be able to link to the attack quite well. Jwp is a must for me atm as well. Hopefully he'll be able to put the ball on Carrillo's head.

I think we’d have had a moan what ever team he put out today. Let’s face it, it’s his system that’s ****e. Let’s hope we can somehow pull a rabbit out of a hat today.
Had he picked gabbi for tadic and sims maybe for redmond then I don't think anyone would be complaining.

Don't know what people are moaning about tbh. Can't really play a 442 against a Newcastle side that do a lot of their work through the middle. He's also put in quite a forward thinking energetic midfield who should be able to link to the attack quite well. Jwp is a must for me atm as well. Hopefully he'll be able to put the ball on Carrillo's head.

The overly negative (with emphasis on overly) team selection, I thought that was pretty clear to be honest. We have the ever dreadful Redmond in, Carrillo up front and players playing in ineffectual positions. JWP is zero threat except when we have plenty of corners/free kicks. No Sims, no Boufal, no Gabbi etc etc

I know it will make me sound like a Luddite, but why can't hwe play 442 from the start. It looked effective last week when we moved to it in the second half. That said perhaps he will keep it tight early on and move to it later as the game opens up.

Another question Why bring JWP back into the starting line up. he was woeful at Burnley. Is it in a hope of controlling possession early on?

Excited, nervous and still up beat. I think we will win.

Long used to frighten teams with his pace, but once they learned he can't shoot they just let him run then box him into a corner. Redmond is a decent runner, too.

Hope Sims isn't more of the same.

We need footballers, not just runners.

Sims is direct with his running, he actually beats players one-on-one, that's sometimes what you need in tit-for-tat games. Boufal does the same.

It's not the team I'd have picked but I don't have a huge problem with the personnel if they are played in the right positions and we play the right style. However, I'm pretty sure Redmond will be left and Tadic will be central. Which hasn't worked ALL SEASON. We shall see, but first impressions suggest the manager hasn't learnt and will never learn. Stubborn or clueless, you decide, but the result is the same.

The overly negative (with emphasis on overly) team selection, I thought that was pretty clear to be honest. We have the ever dreadful Redmond in, Carrillo up front and players playing in ineffectual positions. JWP is zero threat except when we have plenty of corners/free kicks. No Sims, no Boufal, no Gabbi etc etc

Redmond was decent last week.