Newcastle v Saints - Pre Match Build Up

LGTL

Sold 1600 for this which is decent. Should be a good weekend, ruined by the result obviously.

The have a far, far, far better manager then us. If roles were reversed, we'd be 10th and they'd be 20 point adrift.

Newcastle 2-0 Saints

Selling out 1600 a few weeks before the game is a good effort, although Newcastle always has been a popular trip. I notice we've also sold out 3000 for West Ham already, good numbers travelling still despite awful form.

I'm not sure we've got the fight to get a draw here, especially if Shelvey plays for them, 0-0 at best as I can't see where our goal will come from.

-------------------------- McCarthy -------------------------

Cedric ---- Stephens ------ Hoedt ---- Bertrand

----------- Hojbjerg ----------------- Lemina -----------

----- Sims ------------- Gabbi ---------- Boufal ------

---------------------------- Guido ----------------------------

Subs: Forster, Bednarek, Romeu, JWP, Tadic, Redmond, Long

If Pellegrino gets sacked on Friday and I get drafted in as caretaker this is the team i’d play.

If he doesn’t get sacked I reckon he’ll go with JWP, Tadic and Redmond behind Guido instead.

JWP probably deserves a go TBF. And I think we’ll win.

(But I thought we’d beat Stoke 3-1). Nurse? Nurse...!

I'm going with radical changes in formation. Desperate times, desperate measures.

McCarthy

Stephens Hoedt Bertrand

JWP Hojbjerg Lemina

Sims Boufal

Carillo Gabbiadini

In a 3-3-2-2 formation offering no width at all, Bertrand in a left-centre back position and us punting it up to Carillo and hoping others feed off the scraps. :)

Well at least I'm thinking about changing things, Pellegrino will stick to his philosophy and we will lose. Or at best draw.

The luck is already against us: Newcastle captain and best defender Lascelles should've been sent off today and banned for this game, but for the ineptitude of the referee.

They should have been without their captain, Lascelles.

The Ref/Linesman completely bottled giving a blatant free kick & subsequent red card in the last min of their game last night.

I've just seen the highlights. Shocking decision.

Even Tim Sherwood mentioned on Goals on Sunday how MP would've been watching that and will be gutted he's not going to miss the game.

Sims and Boufal as wingbacks is asking for disaster.

It was purely tongue in cheek, a play on the fact we'll be set up exactly as we have on our drawing/losing run.

I did just watch the highlights though on MOTD. If we continue to play as we did in the second half we have half a chance, however I feel it's still too little too late. If you offered me a draw against Newcastle and a win against West Ham this week, I'd bite your hand off. West Ham will be slipping towards the relegation zone IMO, I don't think they have any fit centre backs left!

I'm not sure it is... He's sh!te.

Other than Slimani and probably Kenedy i'm not sure there is any of their players I would rather have.

In the game down at SMS this season he was the hub of their team, they looked to get the ball to him every time and every time he passed it on he found his own player, left, right, down the middle, or over the top. We just let them, and him, do it for the whole game.

He is a nasty piece of work, but to label him a sh!te footballer is wrong. He is a very creative and incisive passer of the ball and it would be good for us to not have him play at the weekend.

is that what football manager rates him as then :lol:

would take PEH, Romeu and definitely Lemina over him all day, yet Benitez would utilise these players far better than Pellegrino has :(

I'm going with radical changes in formation. Desperate times, desperate measures.

McCarthy

Stephens Hoedt Bertrand

JWP Hojbjerg Lemina

Sims Boufal

Carillo Gabbiadini

Sims and Boufal as wingbacks is asking for disaster.

But they would not play as wing backs would they! If there are any wing backs it would be JWP and Bertrand surely. Otherwise like the line up. But it has got two Bobs none and ....

The team he listed is intended to be a three centre back system, how can Bertrand be both a centre back and a wing back at the same time?

Edited by Matthew Le God

Is Davis injured ?

Yes, but sounded like he was a possibility for Stoke so can't be far off. The haters will be pleased.

I think he may possibly have just been left out of the match-day 18 at the weekend for the Stoke game. We have more than 18 players, so some have to miss out each week even if they are deemed fit enough to play.

I think he may possibly have just been left out of the match-day 18 at the weekend for the Stoke game. We have more than 18 players, so some have to miss out each week even if they are deemed fit enough to play.

Really ? I didn't know that thank you for taking the time to explain that to me , I don't know why people think you are a knob !

There's no way he's gone now, it's too late. What's the point? Too late for any new manager to come in and impact us now, given that we'd probably spend 3 weeks fiddling around trying to find someone anyway.

Without question we HAVE to win on Saturday, no draws, no last min equalisers...we need a win, anything else and it's getting close to game over.

I thinl the manager will take away some first team players such as Lemina and Betrand for the FACup against Wigan next week. The manager has already given up the Preimer League for him long time ago (position of 17th, 18th, 19th, or 20th is the same to him) and now his only hope is to get FA Cup final to save his reputation.

I thinl the manager will take away some first team players such as Lemina and Betrand for the FACup against Wigan next week. The manager has already given up the Preimer League for him long time ago (position of 17th, 18th, 19th, or 20th is the same to him) and now his only hope is to get FA Cup final to save his reputation.

:lol: :lol:

I don't think relegation looks good on anyones CV mate.

I get the impression the bloke is trying, but he is not tactically astute for the Premier League.

Go 4-4-2

Cedric - Stephens - Hoedt - Bertrand

Sims - Romeu - Lemina - Redmond

--------Gabbi - Carillo-----------

Full backs to stay relatively deep but with licence to cut inside. Sims and Redmond to stay wide with an objective to whip balls in to Gabbi and Carillo.