Do you think Kat gives a monkeys about ruining her father's legacy

lumuah

Business wise, she played a blinder - she is the equivalent of the Carillion boss who sold all his shares just before the merde hit the fan for a truck load of money.

She finished asset stripping by selling everything with a value, and then offloaded to some shady chinese 'businessman'.

Do you think ML would be turning in his grave about how his daughter systematically destroyed the club?

I bet she doesn't see it as a legacy.why would she? ..and I bet she is more than content with her money consoling her for anything that comes her way like a delayed flight home from China etc...

ML wouldn't care either..he wasn't a lifelong fan of the club. I bet he hadn't heard of us prior to buying us..we were a foreign investment that was a bit of fun

Business wise, she played a blinder - she is the equivalent of the Carillion boss who sold all his shares just before the merde hit the fan for a truck load of money.

She finished asset stripping by selling everything with a value, and then offloaded to some shady chinese 'businessman'.

Do you think ML would be turning in his grave about how his daughter systematically destroyed the club?

I don’t know about “turning in his grave” but I’d imagine he’d be disgusted with your lack of class.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your post is disrespectful and offensive.

But just to prove what a ***tish post it is..... did she really? ..... Think of the vvd money and when she could have cashed in and when she didn't. think of the personal loans she made of over 70 million to cover Cortese's debts.

You are clueless.

That said, she has done well out of Saints............ But Saints did very well out of her.

Right sorry didn’t know you were related.

LOL I wish, but to suggest she is a complete fraud and she should have left Cortese running it, just shows you know nothing about what she did, what cortese did , or anything about the Club, so basically you are as think as sh!te, gobbing off on stuff that is all in the pubic domain, that you don't have the brains or the intelligence to research or digest.

ML was a businessman, with zero affiliation to Saints before Cortese talked him into an investment that could potentially multiply his outlay by several 100%.

Nail on the head, why on earth should we expect his daughter to be any different?

She deserves no hate from us, but neither does she deserve any adulation, she's just the most recent owner and she won't be the last.

LOL I wish, but to suggest she is a complete fraud and she should have left Cortese running it, just shows you know nothing about what she did, what cortese did , or anything about the Club, so basically you are as think as sh!te, gobbing off on stuff that is all in the pubic domain, that you don't have the brains or the intelligence to research or digest.

Believe me I have more knowledge then you pal. You need to pipe down. Wash your mouth out.

I look at the OP and wonder what people think ML's legacy actually is. To me the legacy is leaving a business investment to his daughter and heir, and to that end, he and she have done very well from it. He did not buy the club for our benefit. They did not run the club for our benefit - they looked after their investment. So his legacy is to her, not us.

She hasn't asset stripped at all. Far from it.

However Gao seems far from an ideal owner.

I look at the OP and wonder what people think ML's legacy actually is. To me the legacy is leaving a business investment to his daughter and heir, and to that end, he and she have done very well from it. He did not buy the club for our benefit. They did not run the club for our benefit - they looked after their investment. So his legacy is to her, not us.
Plus, he was actually dead before we got out of the third tier. So the 'legacy' of establishing us as an Premier League team is Katharina's, not her fathers.

Plus, he was actually dead before we got out of the third tier. So the 'legacy' of establishing us as an Premier League team is Katharina's, not her fathers.

However, left it to Cortese for two promotions and one and a half premier league seasons.

It wasn't kat who got us into the Premier League, it was the much criticised Nicola, I wish he could find another buyer but after the way he's been treated he is probably not bothered

It wasn't kat who got us into the Premier League, it was the much criticised Nicola, I wish he could find another buyer but after the way he's been treated he is probably not bothered

And the team that Katharina put in place took the club to far higher heights than that cretin ever achieved.

Koeman management despite having to sell his best players shouldn’t be ignored. Or Paul Mitchell finding mane, Pelle, Toby, tadic and Bertrand shouldn’t either.

Or Paul Mitchell finding mane, Pelle, Toby, tadic and Bertrand shouldn’t either.

Agreed, amazing man. How the **** did he manage to find Pelle, fantastic discovery that nobody at the club, certainly not the manager, had ever heard off. I bet Ronald Koeman was surprised when Mitchell drew his attention to Pelle. And Tadic, wow, can’t believe he found him. If only we’d had a manager from the Dutch league that would have noticed him. Both down to Mitchell , with Reeds man having **** all to do with it.

Katharina had every right to sell, I just wish she had found someone to sell to that would invest in the club. She probably tried, but the right buyer was not forthcoming and in the did not want to wait any longer.

We have seen nothing from the current owner that suggests investment in the club. I am afraid that a chapter is coming to an end and this has been compounded by complacency by the Board.

I warned of this years ago and I am afraid that I was a straw in the wind but now proven right.

Agreed, amazing man. How the **** did he manage to find Pelle, fantastic discovery that nobody at the club, certainly not the manager, had ever heard off. I bet Ronald Koeman was surprised when Mitchell drew his attention to Pelle. And Tadic, wow, can’t believe he found him. If only we’d had a manager from the Dutch league that would have noticed him. Both down to Mitchell , with Reeds man having **** all to do with it.

Brilliant. And anyway, who does our Roger think appointed Paul Mitchell?

If you call, buying a club that was on its knees, getting it two promotions, winning a cup at Wembley and building a new state of the art training facility, asset stripping - then you are indeed deluded.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

KL was brought up and taught by a hard headed businessman. She was therefore trained to get the best financial gain from

a business, Saints in this particular case, as she could and in that has been very successful. I am sure that ML would in fact

be very proud of her efforts.

Business people think with their heads and wallets whereas Fans only think with their hearts and don't invest £ millions of their

personal money.

It seems difficult for lots of fans to realise that Football Clubs are run as profit and loss businesses NOT just to make fans happy.

Your post is disrespectful and offensive.

But just to prove what a ***tish post it is..... did she really? ..... Think of the vvd money and when she could have cashed in and when she didn't. think of the personal loans she made of over 70 million to cover Cortese's debts.

You are clueless.

That said, she has done well out of Saints............ But Saints did very well out of her.

Sorry but this is a load of rubbish and I mean no disrespect in saying that.

This whole loan thing really drives me up the wall.

It was HER business. She OWNED it. When you own something you are expected to put your own money into it. That's called investment. If she took over and didn't put a penny in we would of sunk like a stone. Which would have devalued the club meaning the prospects of selling it become less and less. These £70 million debts you talk of do not exist. They never did. Cortese asked for money to be put into the infrastructure of the club. The money went into the academy and into the training facilities. Which are now world class. Would you rather we didn't do that and have left things as they were? Because of doing that added value to the assets of the company. Then after it was all said and done she not only got every penny her family put into the club back she made a huge profit on it.

I have no issue with Kat. She is a business lady from a business family surrounded by business people. Some people wish to create some kind of emotional factor with her. One that doesn't exist with other companies. The harsh reality is Kat is not stupid. She will have clever people around her advising her on the assets she inherited. They will be paid a vast sum of money to tell her when something is a good investment and when something has reached its peak value and its time to sell. That is how the business world works.

Some people think she cares because she kept a stake in the club. Well if that was true why did she sell off the vast majority of it? She could have sold 51% stake for around £120m which would make her receive a huge profit. But it also means if things go wrong and we fall on tough times she only needs to buy 2% of the shares to regain control. That didn't happen and when companies do that they basically want out. She is in no position now to have any power in the club.

Which brings me onto the people she sold too. What do we know about these people? We know they took out a loan to buy the club. We know that Mr Gao has been convicted on corruption and was spared if he turned witness and testified against other people. Which he did and they were then executed. We know that the PL originally had concerns about him and at 1st rejected him. Does this sound like someone who you would entrust with something you care about? I doubt it.

Everything from the top to the bottom seems off and very worrying. Kat justified her selling by saying the new owners would take us to the next level. Implying they would invest and bridge the gap a little to fighting for that 6th spot. That didn't happen. The first major thing they did was sell our best player in January whilst we were in a relegation battle for a vast amount of money. And then they only invested a fraction of it back into the team. As others have eluded to the actions from the owners and board seem way too relaxed. It means they are either very dumb or simply do not care.

We have heard nothing from them. We get a photo of them now and then but none of us have a clue what is going on behind closed doors. What happened to that statement/pledges we were supposedly going to get?

So as I mentioned if you take away the emotional aspect of football Kat did what every business person does. Buy low, invest and raise the value, sell and make profit. In her case she made a massive profit. The future will show if who she sold us to is who she said he is with the intentions she said he had. If not then whatever you may think of her she will be just as much to blame for the clubs downward spiral as anyone else and shouldn't be immune to criticism.

Katharina had every right to sell, I just wish she had found someone to sell to that would invest in the club. She probably tried, but the right buyer was not forthcoming and in the did not want to wait any longer.

We have seen nothing from the current owner that suggests investment in the club. I am afraid that a chapter is coming to an end and this has been compounded by complacency by the Board.

I warned of this years ago and I am afraid that I was a straw in the wind but now proven right.

Wasn't there a US consortium waiting in the wings, sure I read that somewhere, they had the money and we're ready to go if the Chinese deal didn't happen, when it faltered they tried again amd still Kat wtc were waiting for GAO.

This is all a bit distasteful , we were singing the family's praises not so long ago , now we seem to be rewriting history . ML was a businessman but he did keep his loss making printing firm going for sentimental reasons , Kat soon closed that down esp when the business turned out to be worth less than we thought. Kat kept the club going NC was said to be spending beyond our means , the club took out loans from offshore banks etc! The club had been for sale for some time but they could not find a buyer , it was a poor outcome indeed , wrong person another failure by the PL for allowing him to own the club.

The real asset strippers in football are the players who continue to demand more and more. I doubt that it will stop for a long while yet so however much Kat has "taken" as some have put it the vast majority has gone to those some on here game over and then get upset when they leave. Your anger should be towards those who demand mire and more for doing nothing extra and are (not in the real world comparison) hugely overpaid for what they actually achieve.

Time for much lower basic wages and higher achievement bonuses.

Two things I’m surprised about...

1. That Kat managed to sell to Goa given the background and then retained 20% for some reason.

2. That the Admin team on this site have allowed such a distasteful and defamatory title to this thread.

In my view there was legacy of achievement left over from the Cortese era and it is the rising influence of dear old Les Reed that has seen the gradual decline of the clubs fortunes. He is responsible and therefore accountable for the footballing aspect of the business, but somehow will retire a rich and happy man when we get relegated.

The other thing that's probably worth remembering is that she was actually much less wealthy than initially reported, so the loans she made to the club were probably a very significant proportion of her net worth at the time. This would explain a lot both in terms of the need for bridging loans from BVA and her desire to push through the Gao deal so she could finally make the majority of her inheritance liquid after five or six years.

And the team that Katharina put in place took the club to far higher heights than that cretin ever achieved.
yep, they were so brilliant that they have destroyed the good things built over the last 10 years in record time