What is 'The Southampton Way'?

oddbod

Whenever Les or Ralph issue a statement or make comments in the media, they preach on and on about 'the Southampton way'.

To me, that used to mean the high tempo, quick passing, pressing style of play of the Pochettino/early Koeman eras, with home grown youth a key part. The recent managerial changes has resulted in the current slow, predictable, defensive play of play that's boring us all to a slow death on match days, with overpriced, under performing players, half of whom don't look like they want to be on the pitch.

What does 'the Southampton way' mean to you?

Isn't a Southampton Way..... The club currently is rotten to the core it's like they want relegation..... So that club will be stripped. Owner gets back initial investment.... Reed gets another Liverpool payout when he gives them Lemina..... Him and Kruegar walk away with a nice pension / pay off.....think fans need to wake up down tools and stop attending games the whole setup is shambolic.....

Just boardroom/management hype to sucker the gullible( potential investors, fans, sponsors) into thinking Southampton were a well run organisation. Where in reality the evidence is now that Saints are the worst run outfit in the EPL.........

I don't pretend to be ITK, as I'm not. Just speaking 3rd hand, a friend that works in the club tells me that everything behind the scenes is top class and built for regular qualification for Europe.........where we are failing is on the pitch and that comes down to one person responsible for the ins and outs of the players and manager. Whether the owners see it that who knows?....or apparently not.

I don't pretend to be ITK, as I'm not. Just speaking 3rd hand, a friend that works in the club tells me that everything behind the scenes is top class and built for regular qualification for Europe.........where we are failing is on the pitch and that comes down to one person responsible for the ins and outs of the players and manager. Whether the owners see it that who knows?....or apparently not.

That will soon change when we get relegated. Can't afford to keep all the staff going when the income goes down.

The moment we allowed managers to change our system was the end of the Southampton Way. The ethos before that seemed to be that the coach agreed to play our way as it was the way all age groups played.

That was an ethos that gave the club an identity. That pathway to the first team etc.