Why do you think he has not been sacked yet?

Pilchards

Seriously the guy is a complete joke and I really do think Reed knows this by now.

Yes he might be Mr nice guy but it’s a result business and Pellegrino has not delivered.

If we can survive this season I honestly believe Reed has lined up a top promising manager for next season as they will have money to spend, A top fast winger coming in from Russia plus some good youngsters from our academy.

The more I think it the more it feels right than Eddie Howe will join us next season IF we survive relegation.

What is your reason why this muppet has not been sacked yet?

Seriously the guy is a complete joke and I really do think Reed knows this by now.

Yes he might be Mr nice guy but it’s a result business and Pellegrino has not delivered.

If we can survive this season I honestly believe Reed has lined up a top promising manager for next season as they will have money to spend, A top fast winger coming in from Russia plus some good youngsters from our academy.

The more I think it the more it feels right than Eddie Howe will join us next season IF we survive relegation.

I would still sack MP and appoint maybe someone like Hiddink - give him a nice wedge for a 3 month contract and also a bonus for avoiding the drop. I'm sure we can afford it.

I think it's a ego thing from Les, basically showing I'll stick with my decision and we'll be fine others that have changed won't, then your get all the pr crap and Les will crawl out of his hole saying what a great job MP has done under circumstances and that he was right to stick with his manager, totally fuc**** deluded

Should we go down I believe we'll enter a very difficult period for the club. I recently heard Simon Jordan say how important it is for clubs to remain at the 'top table '. It might be for the clubs but as far as I'm concerned I just want to enjoy watching Saints and get that feel good factor back. If that means challenging towards the top of lower leagues so be it because come 5pm I'll feel better than I have done most of the season. The galling thing is that all of this was so avoidable.

Agree with the above mass asset strip owner gets back initial investment... Lesley gets another Liverpool bonus by selling them either Boufal / Lemina.... We also end up on record with a manager with a worse record than Les Reed (ego thing )

Led rides off into the sunset with the reddies new owner remains elusive and we end up not strengthening and snowball down the leagues.....

I think it's partly financial (they've sp*nked so much on inadequate signings already) but mostly face-saving.

They've got tangled up in the hype and publicity of 3 or 4 years ago, they wanted to be seen as unearthing another little-known managerial gem in Puel (the "famous" black box has done it again!) but when that didn't work, eventually, took another gamble on Pellegrino. Come on, they'd done it with Pochettino, this new guy even had the same initials, was an Argie and even had his teams playing the same "high-press/attacking" way...oh. To sack him so soon would really look like they don't really know what they're doing.

doesnt look like he will be sacked this season , but surely even if we survive he will need to be let go in the summer , so not sure that buys Les any bragging rights about sticking with their man. Surely Saints wouldnt let him have another season !

I wonder whether Pellegrino has been on the brink of being sacked a number of times but on each occasion manages to go and grab an unexpected point that leads to cowardly indecision from Reed. If we'd been mid table recent results and the cup run would probably be almost acceptable but the trouble is we screwed up the "easy" start to the season, which is when the Pellegrino mistake should have been acted upon.

I think that whatever failings Reed had at Charlton are likely to stay with him forever and he is and was a busted flush: never good enough.

I think that this is patently a very politicised 'club' or probably "entertainment experience vehicle as part of a package of selling" (something) so as long as it does that it's a 'success' and the accounts (and single digits) will show it.

If relegation turns the thing back into a football club it might not be a bad thing.

As for the clown: the only reason can be the conceit of thinking that the club is 'better than them' i.e. football clubs, that there is no need or desire to be 'seen like them' despite the fact that we have now obliterated the myth that had been pandered to while there was some limited on-field success i.e. something to build a platform of bull**** on and that continues as any form of measurement shows the clown to be a waste of space (in a results-orientated business) and who gives a vuck if the 'players are happy' if they perform as they do and the happiness results in their being relegated. In that case, bring back Koeman the Kvnt, make them ****ed off as Hell and get them to win games and play well.

In short, the management team (and probably a few others) from top to bottom should be slung in the Solent as the tide goes out and drags them east where they belong.

I personally think that the club feel they have the right man after doing the due diligence in the summer and appointing him. I think they feel that the VVD saga has undermined the manager and they feel he needs to be given a fair crack of the whip and do not want to be the club that panics and gets rid at the first sign on trouble. I think the club believe that stability is the key to moving forward and want to move away from the last few seasons of managers leaving after a season or 2. I understand the sentiment and actually think it is the right thing to do, if you have the right manager in charge. The big question is, do we have the right person in charge of the team? I want to believe that we do however as nothing is changing in the way we play and we are not seeing much progression I seriously doubt it.

I really do not believe there is anything sinister or underhanded going on at the club in terms of relegation and a fire-sale to clear debt or recoup monies.

If we go down. Les can say that the manager was the leak wink rather deflecting the fact that we have sold our best players and replaced them with inadequate ones. It will be easier to admit the mistake of the manager over the course of one year, rather than the complacency that set in around three years ago and that I warned of.

The academy conveyor belt has all but dried up, so the plan is to get relegated so that we can bring more home grown tat into the side at a lower level - a level where even mediocre Championship players are selling for eight figures.

So Les gets to do his pieces in the media about how he - and he alone - has overseen this wonderful influx of local lads into the team, and then flogs them for a big profit. Doesn't really help the club, but it makes him look big and important.

I mean, it could be that to some degree. More likely, the reason Pellegrino is still here is because the people running the club are completely inept, arrogant, complacent or a combination of the three.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

If we go down. Les can say that the manager was the leak wink rather deflecting the fact that we have sold our best players and replaced them with inadequate ones. It will be easier to admit the mistake of the manager over the course of one year, rather than the complacency that set in around three years ago and that I warned of.

Leak wink!!!

Is that short code for Hoddle?

I personally think that the club feel they have the right man after doing the due diligence in the summer and appointing him. I think they feel that the VVD saga has undermined the manager and they feel he needs to be given a fair crack of the whip and do not want to be the club that panics and gets rid at the first sign on trouble. I think the club believe that stability is the key to moving forward and want to move away from the last few seasons of managers leaving after a season or 2. I understand the sentiment and actually think it is the right thing to do, if you have the right manager in charge. The big question is, do we have the right person in charge of the team? I want to believe that we do however as nothing is changing in the way we play and we are not seeing much progression I seriously doubt it.

I really do not believe there is anything sinister or underhanded going on at the club in terms of relegation and a fire-sale to clear debt or recoup monies.

That's all very honourable but that should have been the position up until about 4 months ago when it became patently obvious that he isn't up to the task. Someone has shown a serious lack of judgement by not firing him in good time and if we go down then that will be the primary cause for me.

The only answer I can come up with, is the club didn't think there was an immediately available alternative who was definitely, without risk or doubt, going to improve our position in the games remaining. Other clubs have changed 'just because' and it hasn't worked - Stoke and WBA look like they're going down, Palace and Wham are starting to dip again, only Swansea look like they'll survive - so if you're going to change, it has to be with a very high degree of confidence that it's worth it.

Personally, I'd have made the change before Christmas. ******** to 'saving face' and reputation... the repetitional and commercial damage of relegation will be far higher than any short-fire managerial changes.

I remember an interview that Les Reed did a few years ago where he commented that if a club changed managers regularly due to on field failure, then eventually the people in charge of the recruitment process needed to be changed as they weren't doing their jobs correctly if the continually brought in managers who failed. I think that the failure to sack MP is down to Les and his team not wanting to be seen as failures themselves. Its not too late for a new manager to make a difference now - after all we probably only need a couple of wins - which could easily come from the typical new manager bounce, but I guess MP will go by mutual consent at the end of the season regardless of where we end up.

I wouldn't be surprised if Reed, Kruger n co just hate working for a bunch of Chinese criminals and are just sat there waiting for a pay off. I guess they are on pretty lucrative contracts and would loose out on a bit of cash by resigning, same goes for the manager.

This. Almost a sense of you' date=' the fans questioned our judgement by forcing us to remove Puel, and the board aren't going to have our judgement questioned again, whatever the consequences.[/quote']

Nope, it was the players that got CP the sack, f all to do with us.

As for this clown not being sacked, imo it’s because they’ve looked around and nobody wants to take us on at this stage. Nobody decent anyway, which would mean if we did sack him we’d end up with just another bang average manager looking for a job.

i think it is because club doesn't want to promote itself as a 'hire and fire' type club, rather opting to show other prospective managers that you will get a whole season to prove your metal (and not just 10 weeks!).

Agree with the above mass asset strip owner gets back initial investment... Lesley gets another Liverpool bonus by selling them either Boufal / Lemina.... We also end up on record with a manager with a worse record than Les Reed (ego thing )

Led rides off into the sunset with the reddies new owner remains elusive and we end up not strengthening and snowball down the leagues.....

A fire sale looses money for the owner, relegation costs money and the tax system prevents asset stripping in this form.

From today's Echo. Pellegrino quoted explaining the slow start in the first half. "Maybe one reason was that the opponent was fresh enough to control better our offensive player and we didn't move the ball quick enough to try to create this space" etc etc. the man is a deluded idiot. "our offensive player" singular, says it all about his motivation. Timid and on the back foot.

the reason we were better in the second half, we brought on Gabbiadini on 64 minutes and took off Tadic, the clown can't even admit that, as it doesn't reflect the way he wants to play. Boufal for Sims wasn't an improvement, apart from the header he was invisible, just a change. Long with 11 minutes left was desperation and taking off Carillo wasn't the move if he was going for it, Romeu would have been a better and more positive move as Stoke had reverted to hitting long balls at Crouch on the counter attack.

Bringing on Gabbiadini and going 4-4-2 put us on the front foot. Play that way and we might have a chance. Why have a big striker if we aren't going to use his assets.

Whilst the conspiracy theories are good for a laugh, it would appear that either a) The club believe in him and are prepared to stand by him for the season or b) any better alternatives on the club's wish list are not currently available so they are sticking with what they have for now.

As for potential managers not wanting to come here, when MP leaves I am willing to bet that there will still be plenty of managers interested in the job.

There is a lot of lethergy and inertia in the senior management of the club, as we have seen in the last couple of transfer windows. We have an old man at the top, who should have retired last year and another who is not really interested in football. If you really believe "Reed has lined up a top promising manager for next season", I think you are going to be very disappointed. Every appointment he makes is worse than the previous one and I expect that trend to continue until Reed is forced to retire.

To be honest I wonder if the club did any due diligence on MP at all! Les Reed said in the summer that we wanted to play fast attacking football with a high press...a fair enough statement and one which most fans (myself included) would most likely echo. However, looking at his playing style at previous clubs he's managed MP has never played that way and lets be honest have we played to that style at any point this season? Alaves was all about being tight defensive and hitting teams on the break. If we wanted a manager who plays fast attacking football with a high press we should've gone out and found somebody who plays that style. Instead we have a gutless defensive manager who plays not to lose.

To be honest I wonder if the club did any due diligence on MP at all! Les Reed said in the summer that we wanted to play fast attacking football with a high press...a fair enough statement and one which most fans (myself included) would most likely echo. However, looking at his playing style at previous clubs he's managed MP has never played that way and lets be honest have we played to that style at any point this season? Alaves was all about being tight defensive and hitting teams on the break. If we wanted a manager who plays fast attacking football with a high press we should've gone out and found somebody who plays that style. Instead we have a gutless defensive manager who plays not to lose.

This is my view too. This is obviously MP’s style and his playing philosophy and would have been evident to anybody who was prepared to spend the time investigating. Just asking the interview question “Are you prepared to play high speed attacking” football is only going to get one answer.

Looking at the only feasible reasons:

1. No realistic / better alternatives - Our own fault, he should have gone 3 months ago when we would have had a good chance to replace him.

2. The board (Les) do not want to admit they made a mistake and are letting their 'ego' get in the way of business decisions.

3. The Board believe that he is the right man to take us forward and that he's just been unlucky

All point to incompetency at board level.

MP was pretty much are only option. We decided to turn down Silva, as we put all our eggs in the basket of Tuchel. When Tuchel rejected us, MP was the only one left and we panicked when we thought Palace may take him.

MP was pretty much are only option. We decided to turn down Silva, as we put all our eggs in the basket of Tuchel. When Tuchel rejected us, MP was the only one left and we panicked when we thought Palace may take him.

When you say 'only option' do you mean the only option which we wouldn't have to pay money for?

1 win out of 20 - that's half a season.

Has there ever been another manager with a worse win record who has kept their job?

They are mentioning Pardew going after not performing in 20 games (?) so why oh why are we persisting with this clown. I can only assume the board don't look at the points tally but look at the amount of losses!

I put it down to a change in culture.

English football clubs are very quick to pull the trigger against the manager. This is only logical if nobody else is contributing to the team's success or failure.

Chinese culture, especially in business, is much more longer term. Decision making can be based on what is going to happen in the next decade, or next 30 years, rather than the next 10 weeks. Perhaps Mr Gao sees the beginning of the end of the premier-league cash cow and is happy to bail out of it now, reduce the wage bill accordingly and rebuild for a post-cash-cow era.

Then again, perhaps he just doesn't have a clue and thinks he will make himself unpopular by firing the manager.

Ultimately, he is the majority shareholder. The buck stops with him. He must be happy to continue with Pellegrino, otherwise he would pull the trigger.

I put it down to a change in culture.

English football clubs are very quick to pull the trigger against the manager. This is only logical if nobody else is contributing to the team's success or failure.

Chinese culture, especially in business, is much more longer term. Decision making can be based on what is going to happen in the next decade, or next 30 years, rather than the next 10 weeks. Perhaps Mr Gao sees the beginning of the end of the premier-league cash cow and is happy to bail out of it now, reduce the wage bill accordingly and rebuild for a post-cash-cow era.

Then again, perhaps he just doesn't have a clue and thinks he will make himself unpopular by firing the manager.

Ultimately, he is the majority shareholder. The buck stops with him. He must be happy to continue with Pellegrino, otherwise he would pull the trigger.

You don’t buy a Premier League club in order to make money. You buy it for prestige.

Spot on imo

All these conspiracy theories are nonsense, as is this nonsense that we’re somehow arrogant or complacent.

I would imagine that Reed has taken soundings from the senior pros, watched training first hand, been around the first team squad, and thinks Pell can turn it round and be a better option than gambling on bringing someone in. It’s a judgement call he’s made with more facts & behind the scene insights than we’ve got. Whether it’s the right call is another matter.

One thing for sure, Pell must be seriously impressive off the pitch to have survived these results so long. There does also appear to be little noise or criticism coming out of the club, no rumours of player unrest or “lost the dressing room” type of stuff. But it will be pretty remarkable if Pell somehow does a Lawrie and wins us round after an awful first campaign. So remarkable, that I really can’t remember another manager who has done so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Purely down to money. This tight-rrsd regime is in it for the money only. Surely none of you are naive enough to still believe that Club decisions are based on football matters.

So how does keeping this manager make us money? Surely relegation would cost him more money than paying up the managers contract & employing someone else. The 2 things go hand in hand. You only make serious money if the football sides right, as The Venkeys found out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thing is if Pellegrino had been successful he would be off end of the season anyway, so no stability there..........