Why do you think he has not been sacked yet?

Pilchards

People will hate this answer, but the truth I think is that the Board will argue:

- we have lost just once in ten games in all competitions, and that was to Liverpool

- with the exception of Palace, every time we have played a team for the second time this season we have either matched or improved the first result

- we are through to FA Cup Quarter Final

- the players do not appear to have downtools in terms of effort, it’s more quality of attacking play

To be clear, I argued for him to be sacked after Huddersfield and Spurs games in December, but it is hard to argue that things have got worse since then. The question is would replacing him with nine games left make a positive difference.

IMO it would, I can't see us winning another league game under MP which means relegation. We might get a bump from a new man and that might be enough to steer us clear. With MP we will slowly trickle towards the inevitable. He's a trash manager and there are a lot of managers (even some out of work) who would be an instant upgrade.

He might be a nice guy and he might have some decent tactical ideas (as alluded on another thread) but we've played the same way and made the same mistakes all season. He's had more than enough time to show us he can turn it around, he can't so he must go as soon as possible.

Pure arrogance from the board. They can't admit that they got this appointment wrong.

I think that pretty much sums it up. If Puel hadn't been sacked and instead had left for a better offer, a la Koeman, then I think the clown would've been sacked by now. They could admit to one mistake, but not to two.

Spot on imo

All these conspiracy theories are nonsense, as is this nonsense that we’re somehow arrogant or complacent.

I would imagine that Reed has taken soundings from the senior pros, watched training first hand, been around the first team squad, and thinks Pell can turn it round and be a better option than gambling on bringing someone in. It’s a judgement call he’s made with more facts & behind the scene insights than we’ve got. Whether it’s the right call is another matter.

One thing for sure, Pell must be seriously impressive off the pitch to have survived these results so long. There does also appear to be little noise or criticism coming out of the club, no rumours of player unrest or “lost the dressing room” type of stuff. But it will be pretty remarkable if Pell somehow does a Lawrie and wins us round after an awful first campaign. So remarkable, that I really can’t remember another manager who has done so.

Even if there was, the board would now ignore it because the players cried wolf with Puel.

**** me. Can people read?

I’ve quoted my post. IT WAS TIM SHERWOOD THAT SAID THE ATMOSPHERE WAS TOXIC, not me. Try reading then understanding what’s written before jumping up and down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dont flatter yourself ....you said if everyone got behind them they are..so why say I am sure it will be dismissed so you agree then...

..jump up and down lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Edited by Give it to Ron

People will hate this answer, but the truth I think is that the Board will argue:

- we have lost just once in ten games in all competitions, and that was to Liverpool

- with the exception of Palace, every time we have played a team for the second time this season we have either matched or improved the first result

- we are through to FA Cup Quarter Final

- the players do not appear to have downtools in terms of effort, it’s more quality of attacking play

To be clear, I argued for him to be sacked after Huddersfield and Spurs games in December, but it is hard to argue that things have got worse since then. The question is would replacing him with nine games left make a positive difference.

Having spent 19m on his player I can't see the club getting rid of him either so board unlikely to make any change until end of season.

Had he gone when you suggested the new man would have had a transfer window plus some winnable games.

Some how we need to scrape a win away soon.

I would still sack MP and appoint maybe someone like Hiddink - give him a nice wedge for a 3 month contract and also a bonus for avoiding the drop. I'm sure we can afford it.

I think phil brown would get more from this team than pellegrino gets and that’s saying something.

To be honest I wonder if the club did any due diligence on MP at all! Les Reed said in the summer that we wanted to play fast attacking football with a high press...a fair enough statement and one which most fans (myself included) would most likely echo. However, looking at his playing style at previous clubs he's managed MP has never played that way and lets be honest have we played to that style at any point this season? Alaves was all about being tight defensive and hitting teams on the break. If we wanted a manager who plays fast attacking football with a high press we should've gone out and found somebody who plays that style. Instead we have a gutless defensive manager who plays not to lose.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if pellegrino wasn’t really on our radar at the start but after failing to land some decent targets les got desperate. There was absolutely nothing in pellegrinos history suggesting attractive attacking football and seemed a very bizarre decision to replace like for like in football philosophy. I reckon les reed is the problem and managers don’t want to work under him. I just think pellegrino is way out of his depth and shouldn’t have been appointed in the first place. Les needs to do one and quickly please.

Nope, it was the players that got CP the sack, f all to do with us.

As for this clown not being sacked, imo it’s because they’ve looked around and nobody wants to take us on at this stage. Nobody decent anyway, which would mean if we did sack him we’d end up with just another bang average manager looking for a job.

i.e a massive upgrade on the clown.

I think that pretty much sums it up. If Puel hadn't been sacked and instead had left for a better offer, a la Koeman, then I think the clown would've been sacked by now. They could admit to one mistake, but not to two.

But it was we supporters who demanded that Puel be sacked. And the club responded. So why would they take our advice again?

But it was we supporters who demanded that Puel be sacked. And the club responded. So why would they take our advice again?

I don't remember the supporters demanding Puel to be sacked and replaced by someone with an even more defensive mindset?

Not true. The players wanted him gone, that’s what ultimately led to him getting the sack.

The club sacked Puel because ultimately they thought they could upgrade on him with Tuchel - a situation they spectacularly misjudged. Les & Co spent enough time dithering over the decision during the end of season review to suggest they weren’t solely swayed by a smattering of boos at the last home game of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO the board know that the real issue is the squad quality. If we sack MoPe we can't attract someone much better and that new manager will have the same poor squad.

If MoPe is replaced and our poor run continues then the crosshairs are pointed squarely at the board and they'll be next to go. In that sense, keeping him around provides a buffer and scapegoat.

IMO the board know that the real issue is the squad quality. If we sack MoPe we can't attract someone much better and that new manager will have the same poor squad.

If MoPe is replaced and our poor run continues then the crosshairs are pointed squarely at the board and they'll be next to go. In that sense, keeping him around provides a buffer and scapegoat.

I doubt that, otherwise they would've been more than happy with manager who finished 8th and got to a cup final with an even weaker squad.

What utter crap. We've gone from 6th place quality to 8th/9th/10th, no doubt, but this league is **** after the top 6.

A good manager has this side 7th/8th this season. Christ, a really good manager would have Saints, Everton or Leicester pushing Arsenal hard for 6th given how bad they've been.

So sick of people making excuses for Pellegrino, never learning any lessons season after season, just relentlessly believing signings are everything. Doesn't matter how many teams sign loads and fck up. Doesn't matter how many teams do well without spending. The message never gets through.

Clearly Burnley, Brighton and Huddersfield are expensive squads with talent we couldn't dream of. Nothing to do with managers actually doing their job and getting an organised, spirited team out there. Nothing at all.

Good point. This squad should comfortably be in mid table by the end of the season and a competent manager would have us there, rather than one point out of relegation.

What utter crap. We've gone from 6th place quality to 8th/9th/10th, no doubt, but this league is **** after the top 6.

A good manager has this side 7th/8th this season. Christ, a really good manager would have Saints, Everton or Leicester pushing Arsenal hard for 6th given how bad they've been.

So sick of people making excuses for Pellegrino, never learning any lessons season after season, just relentlessly believing signings are everything. Doesn't matter how many teams sign loads and fck up. Doesn't matter how many teams do well without spending. The message never gets through.

Clearly Burnley, Brighton and Huddersfield are expensive squads with talent we couldn't dream of. Nothing to do with managers actually doing their job and getting an organised, spirited team out there. Nothing at all.

A good manager has another side in 8th place, although when he was here you thought he was rubbish. I guess that means you think Leicester are a seriously good side that should be challenging top 4.

We can agree to disagree but, assuming we stay up, when we replace MoPe for next season and are still struggling I wonder if you'll continue to blame the manager.

While the squad quality has declined compared to Mane, Pelle, Wanyama etc of a few years back this season has been all about appointing a manager extremely unfit for purpose. He’s gone in summer regardless of outcome-no idea why we waited around after December-maybe pay off due is in the mix. The fact he’s had games this season where he’s used a frustrated Shane Long (handful of goals in 40+games) as a lone striker and had him scampering down the flanks for half the game about sums him up. I’d be concerned about the entire management setup, not just MP. Is no one telling him what’s happening? Players, asst manager, coaches? Let’s get real-given the quality of the league, an organised adaptable coach like Howe would have amassed 40 points by now with this lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there any plausible scenario that it's possible that Gao wanted in on a club who were about to make £75 m, asset strip in the summer, receive parachute payments and then either bugger off when it suits him or sustain a cheap to operate Championship club?

I'm looking at this very pessimistically (and possibly the above plan doesn't work like that at all) but how can this colossal fook up really happen if the agenda was to survive the drop?

If this is all about Reed insisting on sticking by his appointment, isn't he going to look even sillier if we were to be relegated (which has looked likely now for some months).

All so avoidable, yet here we are.