Newcastle V Saints - Match Thread

St Chalet

Said it all last week when the idiot was asked about how well we played with 2 forwards, and his immediate response was to say that having 2 forwards left us too open and led to Stokes best chance. So negative, and yet he has been allowed to continue in this vein all season. Worse than Branfoot, at least his teams had some fight.

At least Branfoot had a style.

What can you do but laugh?

Lemina trying to run his asking price down today. Pure ineptitude.

Is it my imagination or do we almost concede from our own corner every game? What a shambles.

Perfect counter attack from Newcastle to their credit.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I thought we would win today, only now have I seen the team he has put out!!!! We needed to be positive and rattle Newcastle by attacking them. So playRedmond Simms Carrillo and Gabbi, keep the 2 defensive midfielders of Romeau and Lemina. To bring in negative players was madness

That's the thing, he's not a defensive manager, he's a cautious manager. A defensive manager makes a team difficult to beat and sets up tactics to be effective from counter attacks, set pieces, etc. Mourinho is a defensive manager, Puel is a defensive manager, Pulis is a defensive manager.

Pellegrino doesn't set us up like that. He just worries about everything and tries to cover all the bases. And the team is an embodiment of him. They play scared and they play without purpose.

He doesn’t setup to win but to try not to lose, but as the pressure builds and we don’t win then his mantra just intensifies and the decisions he makes before and during the game just become more negative in desperation not to lose, so a win becomes less likely in every game.

I find it rediculous to keep giving the manager chances, and then when it all falls apart (like everyone knew it would) people say its too late now. Thats crap. Dump him and give us a shot to stay up, look what it did for other teams. Even if you think MP can coach, the fact is this team isn't responding to him and now has no confidence.

We are so fooked now. Not a chance we're going to come back from this. It will take a miracle and/or some incredibly inept refereeing for us to get even a draw.

The infuriating thing is that MP will point to that second goal as vindication for his insistence on not committing too many players forward.