Newcastle V Saints - Match Thread

St Chalet

I usually watch the early game, the Saints game and the late game and the Saints game always looks like it is being played at slow speed compared to the others. No other team takes so long on the ball or work the ball back to the halfway line from the 18 yard box. It’s maddening.

JWP - what is the point? Watch him - he always passes backwards, positions himself defensively so that the only option he has is to pass backwards. Other than his dead-ball delivery he is a not an offensive player - might as well play him next to Lemina. Carrillo left up front on his own - it is just not working, it never has and it never will. Redmond has been completely ineffective. We are going to lose this - there's nothing positive to our play whatsoever - no decent attacking ideas. Never felt so negative about a Saints team than now - never and that's saying something.

AARRGH! Forwards!! Their goal is forwards! That's where you have to go if you want to score.

Someone just dribbled the ball 25yds backwards, then Cedric was given the ball on the right & never even looked forwards - he only looked sideways & backwards.

FORWARDS DAMMIT!!

Dear oh dear, this is utterly utterly dreadful.

Does anyone in this cowardly team have any fight?

I don't think its fight, it's tactical direction. There is no identity. Exactly what the f()ck that useless c()nt does in training I don't know.

Thank god Forster is no longer in goal, we'd be where WBA are by now.

You can’t look at anything we’ve done so far and say we deserve to stay up. Only West Brom are worse and they’re playing very well today by all accounts. Was obvious to me last season that this was coming and why the board did not act last summer is maddening. Carrillo might win a few knock ons but we are so cautious it’s not going to make a whole lot of difference. The post earlier about defensive versus cautious is absolutely spot on. The 05 team couldn’t defend for **** but at least they had goals in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Players are starting to argue with each other now

It's over. Back to the champ

Because no one is making any forward runs, or making themselves available. It happened earlier in their half, and now it happened in our own half. Players are either afraid or they don't know what they are doing. In other words, they are Pellegrino's team.

Why oh why is a manager still in charge, a good manager will keep us up; MP will f**king relegate us, the whole team is playing with fear and seem to feel possession without forcing the pace and attacking is important.

AAaaaaaaaaaaah