Newcastle 3 Saints 0 - Post Match

St Chalet

Pieree is a great talker, says all the right things and seems to have the right attitude but his product on the pitch ever since he's joined us has been absolutley dog****e.

He's had long enough to get used to this league now.

On Solent Merrington kept highlighting that when he got the ball he kept looking for an out but he had no runners so ended up with a sideways pass. PEH is not the problem. It was the failure of other people not making the runs and he was getting frustrated.

On Solent Merrington kept highlighting that when he got the ball he kept looking for an out but he had no runners so ended up with a sideways pass. PEH is not the problem. It was the failure of other people not making the runs and he was getting frustrated.

PEH is in on all MoPe's training talks, and has played enough games this season to know better than to look forward for a 'runner'. If he can't adjust to square and backward passing then he shouldn't be in the team.

I was hoping for a result today, but after this total **** I’m afraid all hope has gone. We are championship next season. And worse than that I actually fear for survival there as well. This time next year we could be looking at another relegation under this leadership/board/management. I want to say things can only get better, but I really do fear that things are going to get an awful lot worse yet.

I've done my best to give MP every chance, but that's it.

He's clearly instilled the utterly negative thought on the team that every time they go out, all they're trying to do is avoid defeat.

He has no motivational skills whatsoever and is utterly incapable of approaching a game with an intent to win, and take the game to the opposition.

He's completely lost, incompetent and I'd rather see KD running the team right now.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I just feel numb. As the match commentators on the feed I was watching said, it was a bit of a mystery why Pellegrino wouldn't play two up front in a six pointer. Well, if they knew what a gormless oaf we had as a manager, it wouldn't surprise them one bit. Also as they said, our downfall had been that although other teams had lost more matches than us, we had had too many draws and perhaps Pellegrino was a fault for not having the courage to put out a more attacking team against those around us in the table. One point against Stoke and Newcastle is really feeble!

I understand that Romeu might not have been played because he was a yellow card away from not playing against Wigan in the cup. It begs the question whether the Cup is more important than relegation. A match like this was crying out for the strongest midfield of Lemina, Romeu and Hojbjerg, but instead we had lightweights like Ward-Prowse, Tadic and Redmond, so Newcastle were able to bully them for possession and launch attack after attack against us, particularly orchestrated by MOTM Shelvey. Had we played a stronger midfield, we could have cut off their attacks and played the ball into their box, although that would still have left the out of his depth Carillo isolated without support, as the strategy of playing two strikers up front is a totally alien concept to the cretin who is our manager.

I understand that West Ham who lost by the same margin, at least had the initiative amongst their fan base to show their displeasure to their board in a high profile media way. As far as I'm aware, our board might have heard murmurs of dissent, but appear to be under the illusion that we are not as passionately rebellious as West Ham's fans. It is about time that we stepped up that dissent by actions that will bring that message home to them.

The whole thrust of opinion on here and (presumably the rest of the fan base) has altered within the past few weeks. I believe that it has shifted from solely blaming the manager for being out of his depth and of being incompetent tactically with his team choices and substitutions, to a widening blame of the board for not sacking Pellegrino, and for not bringing in the players that the squad was shouting out for with the mountain of dosh that we robbed Scousehampton of when they bought V-VD. Those chickens have well and truly come home to roost. All we brought in was a mate of the manager who has so far failed to find the net in several matches. We might as well have brought back Gallagher and saved ourselves £19 million. We failed to sign another CB, so our defence has become increasingly weak from the moment that Yoshida became injured. What happens if either Hoidt or Stephens are injured or suspended?

It wouldn't be so painful if we were going down fighting, but we aren't. There is very little steel and backbone, the players obviously get no motivation and inspiration from Pellegrino, they lack fight and intent. As professionals, that is unacceptable.

It is a very poor situation to be in, hoping that there are three teams worse than ours. I'm not sure that there are. We are going down with a whimper instead of a bang.

Useless. Maybe it’s too late, but something has to change. He’s gotta go if we are to have any hope of staying up.

He has to be sacked you can't possibly carry on with him no matter how difficult it is to find a temporary manager

He is sucking the life out of the players and the fans.

Can you imagine the reception he would get at the last home game during a thrashing from City.

Les Reed and Kreugrr gambled premier league status they must pay the price.

Gao and Kat need to sweep them away because if you are not dealt with when you have cost the club £100m when will you

Pellegrino will be gone by Monday lunch

Unfortunately we will be relegated but you can't possibly ask the fans to take anymore

Seems pointless to rate anyone after that basket of bastards, but regardless:

McCarthy: 5 - some miscommunications, flashbacks of Forster in getting down in stages for the third goal.

Cedric: 3 - poor defender, dreadful going forward.

Bertrand: 4 - captain, apparently. You'd never have guessed in a performance crying out for leadership.

Stephens: 5 - came forward with the ball quite well. But his bread and butter is being part of a defensive unit that we're bricking it under pressure all game.

Hoedt: 4 - what is his strength? Slow, clumsy, weak, and prone to passing straight out of play.

Lemina: 2 - horror show. Was never switched on.

Hojbjerg: 3 - gives good interviews, supposedly. His brief flickers of promise around Christmas were a false dawn, as he's reverted back to last season's headless chicken act.

Ward-Prowse: 2 - gave nothing out wide. Somehow managed to give even less in his "natural" position in the centre of the park, where he was frankly embarrassing.

Redmond: 5 - he tried.

Tadic: 0 - he didn't. Disgrace of a footballer. If you had to design the worst possible player to fight for survival, it'd be Tadic.

Carrillo: 3 - he's not very good, is he? Quite aside from his lack of goalscoring threat and how easily defenders are dealing with his alleged aerial power, his all round game is shocking.

Subs:

Sims: 6 - decent, again. Quick, direct, with a bit of fight. Completely out of place in this team.

Long: 1 - never been a footballer.

Gabbiadini: 1 - "3-0 down, 10 minutes left: come on, Gabbi, this is set up perfectly for you..."

There is no hope. The board have given up, so have the supporters, so have the players.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Just back in hotel, getting my self together before a night out with my Geordie mate, god he’s going to be unbearable.

I haven’t read any other posts, but here’s my take. Just weren’t at the races early doors, poor poor management to be caught out by fast start. Wes is awful and he’s making Jack worse. He’s not a patch on the player he should be, we need an experienced leader next to one of them. The 2 together are flicking disastrous. Why oh why not play OR, scandalous selection. Lemina & PEH didn’t work. Tadic, a Fi king disgrace. I thought Guido did ok, worked hard, tidy, not quite good enough, but that’s not his fault. If some of the others had his attitude we’d be ok. Redmond must be the easiest player to defend against in the league. The full backs nearly stand sideways on to jockey him, he won’t go down the line, easy as shelling peas to play against. I thought the full backs didn’t give it their all. Keeper played well, not at fault at all.

Clearly the end has come for the manager. Some of the players need to go as well, they can not be absolved of blame. Newcastle wanted it more today, end of. That’s completely unacceptable in my eyes.

Incredibly disappointing was the players attitude towards the supporters at the end, about 3 or 4 made a half hearted effort, but the rest couldn’t really be arsed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In his post match interview i couldn't believe this statement

"We have to show the spirit and that's the biggest problem today. I have not seen one game this season like this at all"

Well i'm don't know what games he's been watching but i'm sure you'll all agree there are plenty this season that we've shown little or no spirit partlically at home and down to the training, team selection and tactics he imparts onto the team. forgive me but isn't it his job to instill belief and spirit into the team little evidence of that and this is also confirmed by PEH's interview too he seems p!ssed at the lack of fighting spirit too

MoPo is a guy is in total denia and he needs to be put out of his misery for the sake of the club

Pieree is a great talker, says all the right things and seems to have the right attitude but his product on the pitch ever since he's joined us has been absolutley dog****e.

He's had long enough to get used to this league now.

What a load of bo11ocks.

Nothings going to change. Nobody at the club seems to care about the position we are in, ambling on week in, week out and taking steps closer to the ever looming precipice.

Entirely this.

There seems a complete lack of leadership in the club from the owner, the management and on the pitch where these guys are an under performing shambles. And do the perennial journeymen of top flight football care anymore??......No. Because they are vastly overpaid and detached from the day to day realities of the average fan.

In the old days, I used to get a real downer when we lost. Ruined the weekend (or at least a few hours on Sat pm). Now though, and for the past couple of seasons, I just look at things with total ambivalence, shake my head, call them all ****s, and carry on. Haven't watched MotD much this season!!!!!

Just back in hotel, getting my self together before a night out with my Geordie mate, god he’s going to be unbearable.

I haven’t read any other posts, but here’s my take. Just weren’t at the races early doors, poor poor management to be caught out by fast start. Wes is awful and he’s making Jack worse. He’s not a patch on the player he should be, we need an experienced leader next to one of them. The 2 together are flicking disastrous. Why oh why not play OR, scandalous selection. Lemina & PEH didn’t work. Tadic, a Fi king disgrace. I thought Guido did ok, worked hard, tidy, not quite good enough, but that’s not his fault. If some of the others had his attitude we’d be ok. Redmond must be the easiest player to defend against in the league. The full backs nearly stand sideways on to jockey him, he won’t go down the line, easy as shelling peas to play against. I thought the full backs didn’t give it their all. Keeper played well, not at fault at all.

Clearly the end has come for the manager. Some of the players need to go as well, they can not be absolved of blame. Newcastle wanted it more today, end of. That’s completely unacceptable in my eyes.

Incredibly disappointing was the players attitude towards the supporters at the end, about 3 or 4 made a half hearted effort, but the rest couldn’t really be arsed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fair play to you having travelled that far to watch that shambles.

Have a few beers and a good night.

We have had a few disagreements on here but all feel down tonight.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MP might be at the helm - and should be sacked - but that was absolutely gutless from the players. Body language and effort was poor from the start.

Our only remaining hope to to change the manager. Surely Les & Co can see that.

To a point yes - but they have had the life and enthusiasm sucked out of them for months by the clueless tactics and ineptitude of this clown of a manager who if (as I have been saying since November last year) had been sacked, could have been replaced by someone who could have got them motivated and playing to their potential.

Again, as I have said before - refusing to sell VVD to Liverpool and then doing it anyway caused so much trouble and distraction that by 'winning' the moral victory all Reed and Kruger actually did was throw away our ability to stop the rot early and bring on a slide in form and motivation that resulted in no-one wanting to come here, when we eventually got the transfer money!

Now we are down to hoping that there are 3 teams that do worse than us from now until the end of the season - whatever the case MP has to go because my grandmother could do better than him - and she's dead!

YES I KNOW I POSTED THIS EARLIER BUT FORGOT TO SAY- that the Stoke game and this one were probably our most realistic chances of points and now the chance has gone - yes I am hoping MP is sacked and that just maybe a change of manager is enough to keep us up but I'm pretty sure it's too late :(

Almost don't care anymore !

Know what you mean - I care about our club, always have, always will, but I absolutely don't care about our manager, board (or bored), owner and most of the players. If relegation results in them leaving our club, hopefully with a financial loss (although I very much doubt it) than that's the least they deserve and hopefully we will come back stronger and sooner rather than later.

Not sure how much longer I can go through the week hoping each day that we will come good, and then same 'ol same 'ol each game, and like a bear with a sore head for the rest of the weekend! It's the hope that kills you - but there is more to life and family and friends deserve my time right now than the showers running our club. I am done going to games and watching until we make a change - will follow results but that's about it. Starting to think that scrapping through this season will actually harm us more, as Les and co. will get even more arrogant and we'll go through even worse next season if that is possible? Simply cannot stand a bunch of muppets that have made me feel this way about a club I love any longer. Darkest time in my 45 years of support - really is - in previous bad spells we at least tried, or had no resources (money, talented players etc.), but this time round no one seems to give a flying fig???

Oh and the new owner can just F off - certainly is taking us to a new level! Just wish I had £200M to flush down the toilet - maybe I wouldn't be so p*ssed off then.

Rant over - fair play to those that can still put up with this trash!

In the old days, I used to get a real downer when we lost. Ruined the weekend (or at least a few hours on Sat pm). Now though, and for the past couple of seasons, I just look at things with total ambivalence, shake my head, call them all ****s, and carry on. Haven't watched MotD much this season!!!!!

Me too (unfortunately)!!!

Back to the hotel after the game.

Worst I’ve ever seen, no fight, no desire, no passion, no effort, no ****ing hope.

McCarthy kept us in it with 2 good saves, we were lucky Newcastle took their foot off the gas at 3-0.

It took us 29 minutes to have a shot at goal and 58 minutes to have a shot on target.

Even at 3-0 MP still stood there with his arms folded and didn’t attempt to motivate the players once. Why he took off Lemina at half time and put on Long instead of Gabbi is moronic.

Bertrand, Cedric, Hoedt, Redmond, Gabbi and Long all walked straight off the pitch at the end, no acknowledgement to the fans who had to suffer that pile of **** after a 6 hour journey.

Only Sims and McCarthy looked interested, all the senior players don’t look interested.

Pellegrino has absolutely no player management skills. Players come in and do well then dropped again therefore I’m surprised that there hasn’t been any moans coming from the squad. Today was gutless, cowardly and embarrassing and if the players are reading this on the way home you should be ashamed of that performance. The board, owners and manager on the other hand are a bunch of bastards who have destroyed the club. I’m appalled by what is happening to our club.

Its far worse than I predicted. We have fallen apart, abject and dismal.

For too long the Board have taken the premiership for granted.

They have been complacent in the transfer market

They have dithered over key decisions

They have cut corners and accepted cheap options over quality

They have shown outrageous arrogance.

It has been coming and here it is.

I am finding it really bizarre why Reed and co are being so elusive and inactive in all of this mess. Here we are throwing away everything the club worked for in the last few years and it’s about to go down the pan and yet nothing, nada, zilch from any of them, even the sickening sound bytes have disappeared, I mean, what the f*ck is going on.

Ffs someone stand up and be counted and try and save the situation, if Reed or any of the other clueless ****s do not have the balls why doesn’t the owner step up and tell them that they will not be allowed to screw up his investment, so f*cking sort it out.

I am utterly stunned at this clubs stance atm.......bastards.

We will not win another game under this imbicile. And with no desire from the board and owner we could be down for a very long time. Of course, we are just a small club so should expect this.

Worst performance of a terrible season. No fight from anyone and nobody at the club cares. Manager and board need to go and fans need to start getting more vocal. They have been given much too easy a ride.

This, x 10.

I am finding it really bizarre why Reed and co are being so elusive and inactive in all of this mess. Here we are throwing away everything the club worked for in the last few years and it’s about to go down the pan and yet nothing, nada, zilch from any of them, even the sickening sound bytes have disappeared, I mean, what the f*ck is going on.

Ffs someone stand up and be counted and try and save the situation, if Reed or any of the other clueless ****s do not have the balls why doesn’t the owner step up and tell them that they will not be allowed to screw up his investment, so f*cking sort it out.

REED hasn't spoken to the public , since Jan 2017!

Still we are 17th, that must please you Dalek!

Losing to a relegation rival in that way shows the players aren’t willing to fight for survival. Manager clearly isn’t built for this either. The tactics of hoping for most possession and snatching a goal are not what is required but football has become that way sadly. Boring on many ways.

Then there is Les, who has appointed two duff head coaches for us (as in what Southampton FC are about; attacking football that came long before the absolute bullish!t self-congratulatory marketing carp) in a row and signed the players who are not right for us either. Both Les and Pellegrino need to go, and the board needs more football people on it to keep the football people on their toes and not have the absolute power Les has because the rest of the board are clueless and fall for his ‘I coached England’ rubbish. At no stage when Les was involved with the FA was it actually any good.

Sleepwalking to relegation since the board thought they had conquered football with Les at the helm!

True leaders stand up and make themselves accountable. Les is a politician, or even more accurately a solid internal operating civil servant used to hiding behind people in hard times, claiming the limelight when things that others put in place, especially where it concerns the academy.

Just as an aside I just had a look to see what Nigel Pearson was up to these days, as he is the type of bloke to crack some skulls together and instil a bit of fight. Spotted he is manager of Leuven (the home of Stella Artortoise) then spotted that they are owned by the King Power Thais, so for all the shenanigans that went on at Leicester they must think something of him.

Apologies for the digression.