West Ham Build Up

Wiggles31

I see a lot of people are in favour of dropping Stephens for Maya yet Hoedt is the one who keeps making the mistakes costing goals or near goals for the opposition! ?

Jacks got to be worth being on the pitch for his sledging alone, little chip at Anautovic and he might cop another forearm smash. EFL Final Ibrahomovic was foolish enough to face up to him, Jack said something back to him with the body language of “you fancy your chances old man” Ibrahimovic just looked at him with a look of “fair play nipper, I think you can back yourself up”.

More seriously Maya and Jack seem a good combination, trouble is Maya is one of those players who after a lay off or spell out of the team is a bit “Ring rusty” for a couple of games. With this in mind is he a bit of a risk without the games to play with. If Hughes goes with 3 at the back then that might be the solution................especially now we know Cedric can play left and right :D

EFL Final Ibrahomovic was foolish enough to face up to him, Jack said something back to him with the body language of “you fancy your chances old man” Ibrahimovic just looked at him with a look of “fair play nipper, I think you can back yourself up”.

Yeah so much so Ibrahomovic never went near him again, especially when he scored the winner and was stood all on his own in the middle of the area :-(

Agree with you. In fact Horst is not a footballer in my view.

Quite true, a noted photographer, but not known as a footballer.

Hoedt on the other hand, is a footballer, but is inexperienced and prone to many costly mistakes, Stephens and Yoshida should be the preferred CB pairing at the moment. Hoedt is a decent backup and will develop in the next couple of years into a very good CB, once he learns to cut out the silly, avoidable, costly mistakes.

Quite true, a noted photographer, but not known as a footballer.

Hoedt on the other hand, is a footballer, but is inexperienced and prone to many costly mistakes, Stephens and Yoshida should be the preferred CB pairing at the moment. Hoedt is a decent backup and will develop in the next couple of years into a very good CB, once he learns to cut out the silly, avoidable, costly mistakes.

Although looking at their respective careers you'd have to think that Hoedt is globally more experienced than Stephens wouldn't you ? Perhaps not to the specific needs of PL football though.

Although looking at their respective careers you'd have to think that Hoedt is globally more experienced than Stephens wouldn't you ? Perhaps not to the specific needs of PL football though.

Too many drag backs, cruyff turns and air shots on the edge of the box, you'd have tought he'd have learnt you don't get that time as a defender in the premier league by now !

Edited by simo

Hoedt is better than Stephens. Not amazing but better. Bonus points for the way Diouf stamped on his foot, so he came back 5 minutes later and put him in hospital.

I think Yoshida has a couple of goals against the Hammers too, so I’d have those two given choice.

Too many drag backs, cruyff turns and air shots on the edge of the box, you'd have tought he'd have learnt you don't get that time as a defender in the premier league by now !

You create your own time, it's what players with ability and class do, create time and space. Then the fans get on at them for lack of industry because they make it look easy. Mind you we can probably do without the air shots and Hoedt probably doesn't fall into the class player category as of yet, might never do so.

Hoedt is comfortably better than Stephens. Stephens positional sense for a CB is poor and if the ball is more than a foot off the deck he becomes blind. He needs replacing in the summer without a doubt.

What games have you been watching because it's not ours , Stephens may not be perfect but he's cost us a lot less goals than Hoedt

What games have you been watching because it's not ours , Stephens may not be perfect but he's cost us a lot less goals than Hoedt

I've seen every game this season. Yes Hoedt isn't amazing and i'm not saying he is but there have been plenty of times early in the season where I said to my mate, 'any half decent player would've buried that' when Stephens had given his man a completely free header in the box.

Like I said, Hoedt needs to improve but I see a better player in him than I do Stephens and Yoshida.

Agreed, from what I can remember seeing if Hoedt, he gives the ball away far too easily with silly wayward passes.

Stephens is far more a solid unit. Him and Yoshi were a very good partnership!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we all know how this will go - we'll let in a really soft goal early doors and then fight manfully for a second half equaliser before Andy Carroll comes on with 5 mins to rise unchallenged for the winner

Pretty sure Carroll is crocked

Keep safe everyone going tomorrow.

More police and stewards on duty for this vital match for both teams. Last game saw pitch invasion and violence which has led to large numbers of fans gaining life bans with a number still being pursued.

Don’t worry the increased number of 18 yo female students on £8 an hour stewarding will protect us.

Keep safe everyone going tomorrow.

More police and stewards on duty for this vital match for both teams. Last game saw pitch invasion and violence which has led to large numbers of fans gaining life bans with a number still being pursued.

Keep safe?

I best leave the kids at home because this is going to be all out carnage, a throwback to the late 1970's.

Why do I feel less confident today than in the days leading up to today?! We’ve got the team to do this, but we’ve fallen short so many times this season when more was needed. Definitely a game that needs us to score first I would say and then go for the jugular. Fingers crossed.

Hoedt is comfortably better than Stephens. Stephens positional sense for a CB is poor and if the ball is more than a foot off the deck he becomes blind. He needs replacing in the summer without a doubt.

Hoedt is comfortably not a footballer...

Yoshi and Stephens please...

Hoedt is comfortably not a footballer...

Yoshi and Stephens please...

I think Hoedt would be a good option sweeping up next to a bruiser CB but neither he nor Stephens look up to being the 'main man'. Hoedt's repertoire is made better by some decent long passes but not often enough, but his overall game is worryingly reduced by the number of times he seems to end up on his arse, sprawling on the ground at a critical time (think Watford away comes to mind).

Unfortunately both Yoshida and Stephens are also error prone.

We are generally favorites with most bookies - as of now @ bet365 - WHU 15/8 SOU 7/4 (tenner on WHU wins £28.75 - tenner on Saints wins £27.50)

Jeez that's the stupidist thing in the history of sports gambling IMO. Based on what? Winning not very convincingly against a LG1 team in the Cup last week?

Yes, WHU have their problems but we are away to a team above us in the League having won 2 away all season.

Ridiculous that we could be classed as favourites.