West Ham Build Up

Wiggles31

Where is everyone drinking before this game? I'm going on me tod so need to find the chaps.

London Bridge/Borough Market and Liverpool St will be popular as usual, easy to hop on the tube to Stratford. Millwall are playing Forest on Friday so won't have to contend with any potential around LB...although Millwall will be kicking their hills on the Saturday!

London Bridge/Borough Market and Liverpool St will be popular as usual, easy to hop on the tube to Stratford. Millwall are playing Forest on Friday so won't have to contend with any potential around LB...although Millwall will be kicking their hills on the Saturday!

'heels' ...f'kin spellchecker!

Lanzini is struggling with an injury for Wham. Carroll, Reid and Obiang all definitely out - arguably three of their better players.

Feeling confident ahead of this one, given that Hughes will have pretty much his full squad available.

So we will definitely lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lanzini is struggling with an injury for Wham. Carroll, Reid and Obiang all definitely out - arguably three of their better players.

Feeling confident ahead of this one, given that Hughes will have pretty much his full squad available.

Christ! I just love your optimism.

Cheers. Good article.

Nervous about this one, the proverbial six pointer. Lose and we're in deep shit, win and things are really looking up. At least with the clown in charge there was the fallback that another dire performance could be compensated with his belated firing. Now that's actually happened (thank God) there's no such comforting blanket. Expectations are higher, and it's do or die time.

linusvanpelt.gif

I think we will win 4-0. Feeling positive about this one. :D

This one does seem to be entirely pivotal to our season...losing or even drawing would feel like a disaster and let’s face it, it would be. Not only because of the loss of points, but it would signify that Hughes has had little effect on the squad and that would likely be game over. Almost impossible to predict, but I would hazard a guess at 1-1...not what we need.

This one does seem to be entirely pivotal to our season...losing or even drawing would feel like a disaster and let’s face it, it would be. Not only because of the loss of points, but it would signify that Hughes has had little effect on the squad and that would likely be game over. Almost impossible to predict, but I would hazard a guess at 1-1...not what we need.

If the stats show we had 60+% possession, 1 shot (off target) and we spent the game knocking it back/sideways then you'd have a point. But if we do lose or draw but we're seeing effort and drive then Hughes has had an effect. We're desperate for 3 points but so are WHU, a win is still a big ask.

If the stats show we had 60+% possession, 1 shot (off target) and we spent the game knocking it back/sideways then you'd have a point. But if we do lose or draw but we're seeing effort and drive then Hughes has had an effect. We're desperate for 3 points but so are WHU, a win is still a big ask.

Agree, Hughes has already had a massive effect in his first game....

The job he has been dumped with is almost impossible so let’s not judge him too quickly ...

He didn’t get us into this mess after all....

1 Agree, Hughes has already had a massive effect in his first game....

2 The job he has been dumped with is almost impossible so let’s not judge him too quickly ...

3 He didn’t get us into this mess after all....

1 Agreed.

2 He wouldn't have taken the job if he thought it was almost impossible.

3 Let's not make excuses before he's failed.

Austin more surely?

But unfortunately, one's more match fit than the other. Austin will be on the bench at best, but hopefully well up for it if he gets on.

And hopefully, Hughesy made his effect count for the second half at Wigan, the first 45mins was shaking the Pellegrino dust off.

I'd imagine both sides will be terrified of losing Saturday so I'm not expecting cavalier football, how the home crowd react to their present situation will have a big impact. Under Pellegrino if we went an early goal up I'd expect us to shut shop and eventually concede but an early goal on this weekend will probably be crucial to either side and will set the mood of the crowd.

Great news if Bertrand and Austin are available.

Is Yoshida fit?

I would pick:

McCarthy

Cedric

Yoshida/Stephens

Hoedt

Bertrand

Romeu

Lemina

Long

Boufal

Redmond

Gabbiadini

Subs: Forster, McQueen, Yoshida/Stephens, Oi-berg, Tadic, Austin, JWP.

This is what I'd go for (if Austin is ok to start).

Long starting to put a nervous West Ham defence under pressure from the off.

----------McCarthy

Cedric Stephens Hoedt Bertrand

Tadic Hojbjerg Lemina Boufal

--------Austin Long

I wouldn't start with Austin, let's go with Gabbiadini, let him tire out the defence with his running, and Austin can come on with 20 minutes left and punish them.

I agree, Austin would never last the full 90, probably struggle for 45 just back from injury, but would be more useful coming on in the second half. Hopefully the new boss has worked it out on the training field and now has Gabbi feeding off the right service. Quietly confident about this game but hard to call with so many factors involved that will influence proceedings.

Their crowd will either be right up for it or toxic for them, if we start well hopefully the latter and there's already tension between different fans groups up there with rival marches/protests planned for this game. Could be a bit angsty in the Stratford area when their 'ISAs' and 'ICFers' come together.

I wouldn't start with Austin, let's go with Gabbiadini, let him tire out the defence with his running, and Austin can come on with 20 minutes left and punish them.

Agree with this. Gabbiadini and 3 attacking midfielders for me. Yoshida back in too if fully fit for Stephens. Austin to come on and hit the winner with twenty minutes remaining!

McCarthy

Cedric

Yoshida

Hoedt

Bertrand

Hojbjerg

Lemina

Redmond (right)

Boufal(10)

Tadic (left)

Gabbiadini

Subs: Forster, Stephens, Romeu, JWP, Sims, Austin, Carrillo (or McQueen for another defensive option)

Don't you think £1m and no culpability for failure has had more than a little to do with it?

Probably his wife didn't want him hanging around the house 24/7 either

A million is loose change in football today. But do tell about his mrs wanting him out of the house, I'm all ears :D

Pretty nervous about this one. Not sure I'll get chance to see it on t'internet either due to family stuff. A win would give such a boost to us, but a defeat would kick us right in the nads. Why the hell didn't the board act sooner!?!?

Pretty nervous about this one. Not sure I'll get chance to see it on t'internet either due to family stuff. A win would give such a boost to us, but a defeat would kick us right in the nads. Why the hell didn't the board act sooner!?!?

and our nads are already swollen from being kicked so much