West Ham Build Up

Wiggles31

So this one could be behind closed doors? Anyone heard anything?

Got a feeling it won’t be but if it was, would that be to Saints advantage or not? Ok, if W Ham score early you won’t have their fans backing but on the hand if Saints score early - ok, I am being hypothetical here! - their fans could turn quite nastily again, creating a hostile atmosphere their players are scared in and freeze. Would certainly rather have someone like a Hughes who has managed Manchester derbies etc than a petrified Pellegrino.

It's going to be a nervy experience, isn't it. Best players in their best positions.

McCarthy

Cedric Yoshida Hoedt Bertrand

Lemina Romeu

Sims Gabbiadini Boufal

Austin/Carillo

Hoj. Jack S. Hesketh JWP Long Davo Tadic.

Are there 7 League games left or 8?

Doubtful, after all they got away with the Tevez/Mascharano thing years ago with a fine.

Plus they have that grinning fool Sir Trevor Brooking as their trump card, with both feet set in concrete up to his knees in both camps. They will just get a little tickle on the wrists, rather than being made an example of to nip that kind of behavior in the bud.............. being a cynic in my old age a behind closed doors match would be very much in their favour.

The biggest advantage we have is a full stadium, having this game behind closed doors would be absolutely catastrophic for us. Charlie Austin back for this would be ideal because he ****ing hates West Ham. If ever there was a game that needs us to come flying out the traps and grab an early goal it’s this one, that place will go into meltdown and we could run riot.

Tadic on the left, Redmond on the right, Sims through the middle behind Gabbi please.

Sims has shown some decent goal threat recently testing the goalkeeper in every game he's played, so I have no qualms about sticking with one up top as long as Sims is given licence to run beyond the striker.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

Its a win or bust game as I see it. Saints need some momentum and this surely must be the game to get 3 points. Pundit have said we don't have as hard run in as other teams but I'm not sure about that. West Ham could do anything, a great performance OR another shamble, another demo looks to be on the cards so that will disrupt the fans and maybe the players.

There is a lot of pressure on Saints after todays result so I think we will go all out and attack, maybe the direct long ball Stoke tactics will be applied to at least get the ball away from our keeper.

Tadic on the left, Redmond on the right, Sims through the middle behind Gabbi please.

Sims has shown some decent goal threat recently testing the goalkeeper in every game he's played, so I have no qualms about sticking with one up top as long as Sims is given licence to run beyond the striker.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

I'd go along with that, having watched today's game. Gabbi seemed to be playing well off the shoulder of the last man but there was a bit of space in between the 2 strikers and the 2 CM, which would have suited Sims IMO.

I think 'Carroll is an injury doubt' comes pre-printed on their press releases.

I've noticed his new role seems to be carrying around the clipboard for Stuart Pearce (going by their warm 'break'). Hope he doesn't break his thumb.

Tadic needs to be on the left or not at all. Slowest/most indirect player in the league but has been known to link well with Bertrand as he’ll do his running for him.

I haven’t seen anything from Carillo to make me want to see him play again. Get Sims, Boufal and JWP interchanging behind Gabbi with solidity from Lemina and Hoj and I think we’ve got a good chance.

For big parts of today we looked like we were strangers, kept making the same runs or running into each other. Lots to iron out before the next game.

Tadic needs to be on the left or not at all. Slowest/most indirect player in the league but has been known to link well with Bertrand as he’ll do his running for him.

I haven’t seen anything from Carillo to make me want to see him play again. Get Sims, Boufal and JWP interchanging behind Gabbi with solidity from Lemina and Hoj and I think we’ve got a good chance.

For big parts of today we looked like we were strangers, kept making the same runs or running into each other. Lots to iron out before the next game.

Disagree about Tadic. I thought he did alright down on the right, and additionally he made about 4/5 tackles/blocks as he was using his left foot to make them for once.

Agree with this 100%

Great result yesterday but still lots to improve. Tadic on the right doesn't work (we have known this for a long time), carillo should never play for us again and Stephens needs to learn not to let the ball bounce

Agree with this 100%

Great result yesterday but still lots to improve. Tadic on the right doesn't work (we have known this for a long time), carillo should never play for us again and Stephens needs to learn not to let the ball bounce

Stephens, despite being a very likeable chap, just isnt good enough to be playing Premier League football yet.

Disagree about Tadic. I thought he did alright down on the right, and additionally he made about 4/5 tackles/blocks as he was using his left foot to make them for once.

But we’ve seen that he can be a real handful down the left with Bertrand. A couple of blocks isn’t what we’re looking for from an attacking midfielder to consider him having a good game.

-------------------------- McCarthy --------------------------

Cedric ------ Hoedt -------- Stephens ----- Bertie

---------------------------- Romeu ----------------------------

----------------- Lemina --------- Hojbjerg -------------

------- Sims ---------------------------------- Gabbi -------

----------------------------- Austin ----------------------------

Subs: Forster, Yoshida, JWP, Tadic, Redmond, Boufal, Long

Can't find a place for Guido (if Austin is fit)....

Edited by trousers

Which of our first team players will be away on international duty and will not benefit from the full build up to the WH game with Hughes and the squad?

Bertie, Cedric, Sims u20, Long, Højbjerg? In country squads.

Gabbi, Romeo and Hoedt were out of favour

Yoshida? and Davis injured.

So maybe not that many missing.

Which of our first team players will be away on international duty and will not benefit from the full build up to the WH game with Hughes and the squad?

Bertie, Cedric, Sims u20, Long, Højbjerg? In country squads.

Gabbi, Romeo and Hoedt were out of favour

Yoshida? and Davis injured.

So maybe not that many missing.

When was Oriol Romeu 'in favour' with the Spanish senior team?

He is not a Shakespeare character...

2015-08-07_Romeo-and-Juliet.jpg

Edited by Matthew Le God

McCarthy

Cedric Yoshida Hoedt Bertrand

Sims Hojbjerg Lemina Tadic

Long Gabbi

Pretty much what I would go for. If Hughes can get Redmond playing, I'd put him in over Tadic. WHam's back 4 is older than the hills, so as much pace as possible please - that and getting the ball forward quickly. Get them turned towards their own goal. Get and early goal, and the crowd will turn against them.

Edit: Nurse, where's my pills. I'm getting delusions of being Dave Merrington again.

Does anyone have a summary of which of our players have been called up for international duty? Lemina? Gabbiadini? Hughes should still have the core of the team to work with over next two weeks, especially if usual international players Davis and Yoshida are starting to rejoin training. Would also be interesting to see how many West Ham players have been called up.

I think this gives Hughes a good chance to look at what he’s got and build on the feel good factor of reaching a semi final

------------------- Austin -------------------

---------------- Gabbiadini -----------------

Tadic --- Hojbjerg ---- Lemina ---- Boufal

Bertrand - Stephens -- Hoedt ----- Cedric

---------------- McCarthy ------------------

Bench: Forster, Yoshi, Romeu, Redmond, Sims, Long, Carrillo.

Does anyone have a summary of which of our players have been called up for international duty? Lemina? Gabbiadini? Hughes should still have the core of the team to work with over next two weeks, especially if usual international players Davis and Yoshida are starting to rejoin training. Would also be interesting to see how many West Ham players have been called up.

I think this gives Hughes a good chance to look at what he’s got and build on the feel good factor of reaching a semi final

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2018-03-20/southampton-march-international-call-ups