Is it deliberate ?

alpine_saint

Kat got all her money back and an awful lot more. Gao will make sure he gets his money back.....vvd transfer money/parachute payments/player sells he will cover his loan. He can then sell for whatever he likes for a profit (say 30M) which isn’t bad for a year. Problem is there won’t be much left for the new owner or for us to support. The only ones that actually care are the fans, and I can’t actually get annoyed about it any longer. We are going down, the question is how far?

Gao will make sure he gets his money back.....vvd transfer money/parachute payments/player sells he will cover his loan.

Can you talk me through how exactly the parachute payments will go to Gao? The parachute payments are effectively a much smaller payment of the Premier League TV money, they largely go to player wages not the owner.

Can you talk me through how exactly the parachute payments will go to Gao? The parachute payments are effectively a much smaller payment of the Premier League TV money, they largely go to player wages not the owner.

Ever heard of Blackpool?

" Owen Oyston and his son Karl for more than a year over claims they had taken £27million out of the club after their season in the Premier League in 2010/11. Owen Oyston, for example, paid himself a director's salary of £11million."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/blackpool-football-club-karl-oyston-natalie-christopher-a8192231.html

Edited by Topcat

Definitely seems more to this than just ineptitude.

Been thinking this for a while.

So many stupid happenings.

The sale of VVD was VERY dodgy for me....sell early, rather than force a bidding war? And do so without any replacements lined up? I can't believe the club is genuinely that daft.

There's clearly a leadership vacuum in the club where no single person is prepared to step up and take action. I wonder if, as part of the sale, Les and Ralph needed to stay until the end of the season before collecting their dividend. In which case would explain why neither are coming forward to address the fans or are too bothered about MoPe - it's too much hassle to fire him and then sort either a short term or permanent replacement. Next season there'll be new people running the club and they can do it.

Which leaves Gao - I wonder if relations between him, Les and Ralph aren't that great, which would again explain why they haven't done too much to protect his investment. His business is about 'sports' clubs so perhaps he's not bothered if we're in the Premier or championship, as long as we're high profile enough to add kudos to whatever else he has planned for the area around SMS. Unless of course he wants to turn it over to a completely different use,so getting saints right down the leagues would be the easiest way to bulldoze SMS and get us ground sharing with eastleigh.

Maybe that's far fetched but I, like most, am at a loss to understand how they've all let this situation come about.

Another problem is the relationship with the fans. Gradually, through last season and this, the fans have become increasingly disengaged and the complete lack of communication has only served to exacerbate this. When an organisation is going through significant change, the worst thing it can do is not communicate with your stakeholders but that's what has happened and we no longer feel part of the club in the same way we did previously.

So much damage has been done in such a short space of time.

Been thinking this for a while.

So many stupid happenings.

The sale of VVD was VERY dodgy for me....sell early, rather than force a bidding war? And do so without any replacements lined up? I can't believe the club is genuinely that daft.

We sold VVD six months too late, and we got a world record fee that no one else had any interest in paying.

Seriously, could it be ? For what possible reason ? How could we have gone from “Best run club in PL” to one of the worst so quickly ?

Any ideas ?

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

Ever heard of Blackpool?

" Owen Oyston and his son Karl for more than a year over claims they had taken £27million out of the club after their season in the Premier League in 2010/11. Owen Oyston, for example, paid himself a director's salary of £11million."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/blackpool-football-club-karl-oyston-natalie-christopher-a8192231.html

I said this to a fellow Saints fan the other day, they couldn’t believe it.

Enjoying a bet is in the chinese culture, what odds were we to get relegated pre-season? Just saying.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2645[/ATTACH]

Its a valid comment. I hope FIFA is watching out for stunts like this.

Not that it helps us in the short-term.

Sad that the struggle to return to the top flight has been so flippantly thrown away.

I don't think its deliberate but it's unbelievable arrogance. Reed clearly thinks he has the

Golden touch. Find them, sell them, find as good and go again. Same goes for managers.

To me the signings of the summer 2016 said as much. Sold off 3 key experienced players and replaced them with untested young players who they assumed would step up. None of them have worked out for different reasons. Then factor in a manager so out of his depth it's like throwing a baby into the deep end we've gone from one of the best central defensive partnerships to one of the worst due to the shamboic transfer activity in those areas, a goal keeper who seems to get worse every time he plays and has now been kept out Crystal Palace's former reserve keeper and a record signing who looks like a rich mans Paul moody it's no wonder we are in the sh*t.

The level of incompetence really is quite astonishing.

It is very strange that despite the obvious crisis that has been developing there has been very little coming from the club.

Usually when a team is doing this badly and the manager ain't sacked it's because the team was expected to do ****ing badly, the manager was on a hiding to nothing, avoiding relegation is an amazing success. That's not the case here in any way shape or form. So the fact this utter **** hasn't been sacked suggests something else is going on.

Kat got all her money back and an awful lot more. Gao will make sure he gets his money back.....vvd transfer money/parachute payments/player sells he will cover his loan. He can then sell for whatever he likes for a profit (say 30M) which isn’t bad for a year. Problem is there won’t be much left for the new owner or for us to support. The only ones that actually care are the fans, and I can’t actually get annoyed about it any longer. We are going down, the question is how far?

Tax bills will make it impossible for Gao to recover his money. Only a fool would follow this approach.

I don't think its deliberate but it's unbelievable arrogance. Reed clearly thinks he has the

Golden touch. Find them, sell them, find as good and go again. Same goes for managers.

To me the signings of the summer 2016 said as much. Sold off 3 key experienced players and replaced them with untested young players who they assumed would step up. None of them have worked out for different reasons. Then factor in a manager so out of his depth it's like throwing a baby into the deep end we've gone from one of the best central defensive partnerships to one of the worst due to the shamboic transfer activity in those areas, a goal keeper who seems to get worse every time he plays and has now been kept out Crystal Palace's former reserve keeper and a record signing who looks like a rich mans Paul moody it's no wonder we are in the sh*t.

The level of incompetence really is quite astonishing.

But we are just fans....sorry..."customers"....what do we know?

The idea that Gao will easily get his money back is nieve in my opinion. Our wage bill is somewhere between £70m and £110m depending what source you choose to believe, but the TV/prize money income is going to drop from roughly £100-£125m to just £30m (parachute payment is £91 over three years).

That is a huge huge drop.

I dare say there will be some players with contracts that will reduce should we be relegated, but even the cautious Lowe struggled to get to grips with the post relegation finances. Only selling Crouch kept the wolves from the door. I just wonder if Nik Nak and those that followed have been able to get 50% reduction clauses into all contracts? You only have to look at Sunderland paying Rodwell £70k a week to see that not all contracts include them.

If we go down the value of players drops significantly. Clubs know you need to offload big wages. Te idea that we'd get £30m for Bertrand for example is folly. The idea that there will b a clamour to sign Forster is madness.

Go down and we face a potential financial meltdown unless the club has been impeccably run over the last three years...

You would like to think they would all have relegation clauses in their contracts, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t - remember the club were banging on about Champions League not long ago.

I think that the Champions League talk was to make the fans feel happy. There was no real intent or evidence that the Club was prepared to invest to achieve and flourish in that competition, let alone stay more than a few places above 18th.

I think that the Champions League talk was to make the fans feel happy. There was no real intent or evidence that the Club was prepared to invest to achieve and flourish in that competition, let alone stay more than a few places above 18th.

As recently as 2016 Southampton finished 3 points from a Champions League spot. Obviously it has been a disaster since then, but it wasn't beyond the realms of possibility given we were a mere 3 points from it under Koeman.

Enjoying a bet is in the chinese culture, what odds were we to get relegated pre-season? Just saying.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2645&stc=1

I heard this as a rumour - that a lot of foreign money had been put on us being relegated. Odds must have been quite good at the start of the season? Most likely rubbish but thought I'd post as after todays horrendous performance it makes some sense!

As recently as 2016 Southampton finished 3 points from a Champions League spot. Obviously it has been a disaster since then, but it wasn't beyond the realms of possibility given we were a mere 3 points from it under Koeman.

TBF that was a freak season where we finished above Chelsea and Liverpool, and Leicester won the league. Ourselves and Leicester profited from the big teams drifting, Leicester more so obviously, but after that year all of the top sides got their houses in order almost in unison and now we're back to the huge gulf between the rest.

Yes it was possible, but was there any real intent or was it just talk?

It seems a bit far fetched that the club is being deliberately crashed into the championship as part of a giant betting scam or some other dastardly plan. For a start it would need the complicit cooperation of the squad of players which seems extremely unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems a bit far fetched that the club is being deliberately crashed into the championship as part of a giant betting scam or some other dastardly plan. For a start it would need the complicit cooperation of the squad of players which seems extremely unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's obviously not that.

I don't know why people can't accept incompetence, arrogance, bad decision making, stubbornness and general collected fu ck ups as the explanation why we're where we are. It's the same kind of thing that relegates lots of other clubs every season in every league in every country in the world where football happens.

Trying to make it out to be some dastardly conspiracy is all kinds of retarded. It is, of course, the creme de la creme of forum fuc kwits saying it so well done chaps.