If we sack Pellegrino we can still survive

SaintJackoInHurworth

I know we all feel that the club should have acted weeks ago to sack Pellegrino. I know too that many feel it is now too late to do anything and that relegation is a certainty in view of our very difficult fixture list.

However, in the midst of all the gloom and doom of today's woeful performance there is some hope. That hope is that we were not the only ones who hot thrashed! So did West Brom, so did West Ham, so did Brighton while Palace also lost and Swansea & Huddersfield could only cancel each other out in a goalless draw.

That is where there is the feintest glimmer of hope. If those other teams also continue to misfire then another manager may only need to achieve 3 or so more points than we are likely to reap under Pellegrino and thus we may stand a feint chance of surviving!

The silution then remains... Sack Pellegrino and give iurselves a chance!

Sent from my GT-I9195I using Tapatalk

When Hull appointed Silva last season they had won 1 league game in the last 18. Sounds familiar..... (That 1 was against us FYI)

His first 8 games they won 3 drew 2 lost 3. That was with a horrendous Hull squad.

A new manager could give us a bounce. I'd have more hope of that than Mope turning us round. He's useless

When Hull appointed Silva last season they had won 1 league game in the last 18.

Playing Devil's advocate...

On the day Silva was appointed... Hull were 3 points from safety

After the last game of the season... Hull were 6 points from saftey

tenor.gif

Edited by Matthew Le God

tenor.gif

We could appoint anceloti tomorrow and go down

Would that mean pellegrino is the better manager?

Surely you just have to gamble. This is the last chance, we have a window to do it now.

I think even getting rid of him and not having a replacement will still galvanise the fan base, which at the very least is a positive. There is simply no feasable benifit I can see for keeping him.

Maybe we simply cannot afford to sack him because we're paying him stupid money. Stranger things have happened, like Fraser Forster being offered two 5 year contracts in the space of 12 months.

I didn't say I didn't want Pellegrino sacked (I do want him gone), I'm just saying one could look at Silva at Hull and say the gap to safety increased with him in charge.

Silva was a mile better than phelen and more importantly, pellegrino

Anything else is pointless

tenor.gif

Respect mate.

Doesn't even need to be Silva. Point was more that Hull were utter tripe and still got a new manager bounce.

I was in the camp that sacking him mid season would be worse for the club than better.

but after today, now I am in the camp that he must be sacked now. I mean, come on, we are stuck in first gear and I don't see MP guiding us out of it. Maybe no one can at this point, but we have to at least try.

If we are going to go down, at least go down fighting.. not laying down.

I was in the camp that sacking him mid season would be worse for the club than better.

but after today, now I am in the camp that he must be sacked now. I mean, come on, we are stuck in first gear and I don't see MP guiding us out of it. Maybe no one can at this point, but we have to at least try.

If we are going to go down, at least go down fighting.. not laying down.

Excuse me, first gear? No such speed, we are in reverse

Not only is Pellegrino useless, but he is deluded too as the article in today's Echo shows:

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/16078914.Pellegrino_believes_he_can_still_save_Saints/

There is no way Pellegrino can save Saints. The only way Saints can be saved is for Pellegrino to go. Who they then appoint is a different question but like someone has commented, even no manager is better than Pellegrino.

Incidentally, The Sun newspaper are surveying Saints fans through 'The Voice of The Fans' and so far over 90% have said that they want Pellegrino to be sacked straight away.

Of course, it is looking like it won't happen. Sadly, I am coming to a dawning realisation that the board will either just wait until we are booted out of the cup by Wigan or until we are beaten by West Ham or even that they could just do nothing until we are already relegated at the end of the season. :(

It’s got to happen now, wait any longer and it’s all over.

There are no guarantees making a change will save us, but that for me is not a good enough reason not to at least try when our premier league survival is on the line!

Pellegrino has had ample opportunities to address our deficiencies and prove we are at least heading in the right direction, but the last couple of games have showed emphatically that he has failed to do this. So there is no valid reason for giving him any more chances and a win against Wigan would not change that.

The fact that we don’t play our next league game for 3 weeks makes this the ideal time to do the deed tomorrow and get a replacement in this week so he has more time to work with the players to repair some of the damage done by MP and build up some spirit and confidence. Come on Les/Ralph/Gao - no more excuses and dithering, it has to be now!!

It's an absurd situation. In some ways, it's so bad that I'm starting to fear staying up on goal difference even more than going down. At least the latter delivers a reboot and a wake-up call of sorts.

It's beyond insanity that Pellegrino is still in his job and probably speaks to a much wider dysfunction at the top of the club.

I reckon the damage is already done and we are going down. MoPe is just the final nail in a coffin that has been built up over the last few transfer windows. We should have sacked him December got a new guy and spent hard in Jan on some real quality up front and at the back we didn't and now we are ****ed.